Author Topic: Mythos Apartments - anyone stayed there this year?  (Read 20170 times)

Meg

Mythos Apartments - anyone stayed there this year?
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
Hi all - have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts about San Stefanos.  Going back for our second visit to this fabulous resort in September, but have'nt seen any reports on the Mythos apartments this year, just wondering if anyone has been recently.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Mythos Apartments - anyone stayed there this year?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
Everyone who stayed there over the last two seasons had nothing but praise - it's most unlikely to have changed from that!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline sivo

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:31:50 PM »
drove past the mythos apartments 2 weeks ago and there is a board outside now advertising private bookings for 2012 obviously they are ditching thomas cook for next year,the rates were good as well £250 for 1 week and £400 for 2 weeks.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 02:08:46 AM »
Sounds like that might be worth investigating
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »
Thomas Cook, (as Manos Holidays) are
still advertising the Mythos Apartments for 2012.
So I would imagine the private bookings will be limited.

Offline vickyapts

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 01:17:44 PM »
From what I've heard, Mythos will still be with Thomas Cook and will have around 2 -3 studios for private hire.  There were some over bookings this year,with the owners taking private bookings and Thomas Cook taking bookings as well.  Should all be resolved now.

Offline Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies.  Crikey! you know when you wish you had never asked. We went to the Mythos last year, and can remember some people had problems with overbooking earlier in the season, but that seemed to get resolved but still caused anxiety for people who were still to go.  We loved the apartments so booked up as soon as we came home for this year.  We would normally have considered an independent booking to possibly the Fedre Mare but could not get a flight only for what we paid for the package.  We now possibly wish we had gone the independent route as Thomas Cook have also switched us to a Mint airways flight whose reviews are dismal. Hopefully nothing will happen and we will get the holiday we booked, but it leaves a slight worry in our minds.  Thanks Meg.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:06:30 PM »
My family booked their flight only's with Thomas Cook out of Newcastle end of May had tickets for Mint and still ended up on a Thomas Cook flight anyway am sure all will be well and you will have a fab holiday again in Ag Stefanos. 8)

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
We have just returned from 11 nights at Mythos and I'm pleased to report they are just as good as last year.  It looks like the family may even be extending the apartments as they have built up the 'curved' areas on top of the two ground floor apartments so maybe next year there will be additional accommodation.

The pool was much cleaner this year as Dimitris put the pump on more regularly to clear out the drowned flies and bird poo!  :)

There was one instance of overbooking whilst we were there so they really need to get themselves sorted out with Thomas Cook or it could be a regular occurance next year!

For those who have not stayed there yet, it is a beautiful tranquil location which gives the feeling you are staying in a villa with your own private pool as it never gets crowded.

Sue and Richard
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
I hate to put a downer on this thread but my wife and I were victims of the old "double booking" carry on a couple of years ago at the Mythos Apartments.  It appears that the owners and Thomas Cook still have'nt solved this.  We had previously stayed at these apartments and we can honestly say they are very good.  Shame!

Offline Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
Hi Sooz and all who have replied, thank you for the update.  Last year we stayed in one of the maisonettes but have booked one of the two studios for this year, so will be interesting to see the "extension" on top of the studios - is the top half finished yet, would not really enjoy the noise of the builders. We thought it would not matter booking the studios because of the one storey, and we had a look around one of them last year and thought they were just as nice as the larger apartments for our needs, and cheaper, and it would save running up and down the stairs.

The overbooking situation bothers us a bit (more than a bit actually) and we would be devastated and livid if we got there and it happened to us considering we would have been booked for 15 months, hopefully it wont though. We only want to be in San Stef so would like to know where TC put the guests who were in the overbooking scenario. Anyway hope this all is only academic, and we can't wait to put the cases down and relax, and eat and drink!!!  Beachcomers first night!!  Thanks Meg x

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »
There was a post on the chat board below the webcam back in June, while we were in San Stef,
from a couple who had been told by Thomas Cook that Mythos Apartments were not available.
This was on 5th June, and they were to fly out on the 20th.
They had been offered Andromeda Apartments in Sidari as an alternative!
After some toing and froing, I think they got sorted out with an apartment from Christina's,
and were claiming some sort of compensation from TC.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
Hi Meg,

Regarding my double booking a few years back.  We were informed by Thomas Cook literally a week after we had paid the full balance that they could not honour our booking.  They put the blame totally on the owners and tried to put us in Arrillas somewhwere.  They would/could not help us find somewhere in San Stef for the same dates.  I just dont trust Thomas Cook and try to avoid them if possible.  Unfortunately both Thomas Cook and Thomsons have the place "sewn" up.  Dont fear, I'm sure we were just unlucky.  Enjoy your hols and try the Olympia, great stifado.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »
Apart from Mythos - Thomas Cook- the aternatives offered in Ag Stefanos would be Vicky or Kapetanios, both great options but obviously not what you booked. Am sure by this time in the season they wil have sorted their allocations out and you will have a wonderful stay at Mythos.

Offline DDyson11

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »
Always had wonderful holidays at the Mythos Apartments, lovely pool area - just like your own Villa - very quiet surroundings etc. Dimitris doesnt speak much English but will normally get one of the boys to help you if you have any problems.
This year we are staying at the Romanza on the 5th Sept for our 4th time, just hope the weather cools down a bit for the hike up the hill!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni