Author Topic: transfers to san stefanos  (Read 31284 times)

don

Re: transfers to san stefanos
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 02:23:07 AM »
Now that has brought tears to our eyes! Shift them onions John !   

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 03:23:27 AM »
AAaaaaaaawwwwww!!
Sue - you put the claws back in - you do have a soft spot!! ::)
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline gaznviv

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 10:51:50 PM »
is there a designated drop off point for thomson coaches

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »
They drop off at each apartment.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2011, 01:07:10 AM »
Our first holiday staying at Belle Vue we got dropped off at Belle Vue but going home we had to leave our cases near the entrance and George collected them to take to the coach at Barras
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone knows what the Thomson transfers are like this year.  Last year it took 3 hours because the driver did not know where he was going! ??? Going back to airport was 2.5 hours.  Just hope it's better this year, although we have to 'go with flow'!! (2 more sleeps!! :))

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »
A trend thats becoming more and more popular with holiday makers visiting San Stefanos is to book a private taxi transfer to meet you at the airport and transport you straight to your accommodation cutting out any unwanted stops on the way. It's a lot easier and you arrive at your holiday destination a lot sooner than the transfer coach, sometimes halfing the length of the journey. Here is the link for more information.
http://www.san-stefano.gr/transfers.php

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2011, 08:04:16 PM »
this is my first time to corfu so in a way i am going to enjoy the transfer just to have a nosey about!!! :D if we return i would think about the taxi from the airport. only 5 more sleeps!  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 09:51:28 PM »
It's our 1st time as well and I know what you mean. It's always nice to take in a new island.
Last year, we had a taxi transfer,(decided we'd push the boat out as it was our 25th anniversary), great on the way to the hotel but on the way back it came a lot later than the coach and I was really worried that we were going to be left behind. We had no idea who to contact as it had been arranged by Thomsons and the hotel couldn't help. They just kept saying don't worry! We got there a lot later than the coach and had to wait outside in the hot Kos sun. It would be different in Agios Stefanos though as the transfers could be arranged with the local travel agencies.

zoe

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 11:20:36 PM »
the transfer this year was so bad  sat for 1hr at the airport waiting for another plane then rep came on and told people going to st georges bay they would be picked up by mini bus as it was not safe to take a coach down but the driver took us down there  a bit hair raising then we got to san stef after 3hrs we got to barras but he did not say we had to get off for tsaros but as we had been before got off and told him we were tsaros we later found out they had dropped people of at the juice bar and left them there thomsons prices have gone through the roof for next year but i bet the transfer wont get any better

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 11:39:12 PM »
Depending on how many you are, a taxi can be a good alternative to sitting on a coach for hours.  There are many agencies now offering this service as well as some whom are also doing shuttle minibus/coach services for a small charge to Sidari per person and then you can pick up a pre booked taxi from there as well or from the taxi rank, which is outside the Mimosa Hotel, although on Mondays and Fridays most taxis are already at the airport for the prebooked services. Another idea becoming popular as a lot of people hire cars for a day or so, is t book a car hire there is one in San Stefanos who will deliver to the airport for you, then use this as a transfer and perhaps for the first few days as a way of sightseeing the area and then just go back on the transfer coach. If you need any contacts you can p.m. me 8)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 12:06:07 AM »
We did the one way transfer to the Romanza last year via Noula at San Stef travel. I'd recommend it. We landed around 115pm and were sat with a beer by the pool at just after 245!! The driver was funny and it started our hol off perfectly.  The driver told us all about the big boats in the harbour in Corfu Town and also all the little villages we passed through.
The normal bus turned up around 415 pm

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni