Author Topic: Air Conditioning  (Read 16440 times)

Offline Splutface

• View Profile
Air Conditioning
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »
Going to San Stefanos in late June. Do you think we'll need the hotel room aircon, and if so any ideas what the extra charges work out like?

Offline Mary and Geoff

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Air Conditioning
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
Where are you staying
Mary and Geoff

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
Generally charges are about €6 per day, some places give free air-con - what place are you staying in so we can advise!
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Splutface

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »
Staying at Little Prince.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
Be surprised if you need it in June, frankly. Spent 5 weeks in SS last year and didn't turn it on. I think it was 5 Euros/day at LP, but obviously don't know what will be this year.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »
A/C sometimes works out cheaper than the mozzie tabs as the b*ggers hate the cold air........

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »
Totally agree, Kathryn. Go all that way to get hot and then blast yourself with freezing air - no. I love the warmth. I love just a sheet over my ageing but allegedly incredibly beautiful body. Do I want to pay six euros a day to have an icy blast shrivelling my proverbials? No thanks.

don

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 11:57:33 PM »
Find Air Con too noisy so can't sleep. Can't even stand a sheet covering me at night. Poor cleaners ! Well it is party late, sleep in !

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 12:36:33 AM »
Peter F. Hamilton wrote a novel called "The Naked God" - he must have been peeping.

Mind you, the first novel in the series is called "The Reality Dysfunction."

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:48:10 AM »
I always go in summer school holidays and have found air con wonderful!  Actually it's the only time I sleep well - in an air conditoned room!  Some are better than others - the individualy controlled ones are fab.  The Nafsika air con is super,and at the Perros.  The Athina was centrally controlled and not as good.  Let's face it the Mozzies love San Stef and I love to close the doors,  put on the air con and crash.  Then wake up in the morning to VERY HOT temperatures that greet you as you open the door - how marvellous - the misty heat haze over the village, Albania not even visible, and you know you are in for another wonderful day in SS! Arh that turqoise sea shimmering in the heat...........

Gavlah1973

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »
Debra

That post has taken me right back to the Romanza last August! Looking out towards Albania with the heat shimmering in the distance. Glancing to my right and just being able to see the pool and the bar. Hearing young Costas take a big run up and jump into the pool causing a big splash! Seeing Andreas squeezing Oranges and pouring an ice cold Mythos!
A quick glance downstairs to see Eleni pegging out the washing on the line!!
Sitting on the balcony till around 2am, listening to Lloyd Cole on my Ipod......heaven!

Ahhhhh, gonna miss it this year. LOved my holiday to Egypt and also looking forward to Cyprus in September but did fall in love with San Stef last year!!

Anyway back on topic.....I asked Alex at the Romanza about the air con when I arrived and she informed me to try one night without it and see how we got on.....she was right, didnt really need it! There was only one night where I was a bit 'sweaty'!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:51:33 PM by Gavlah1973 »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 03:30:02 PM »
There was only one night where I was a bit 'sweaty'!!

That's marriage for you...

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 03:56:02 PM »
Funnily enough that was the day when I'd seen Tony at the nude end of the beach wearing nothing but a smile, his 'I love San Stef' sun hat and his wristband.....

Did have trouble dropping off that night..........!! ;)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 04:08:58 PM »
Straining your eyes to see something really small can give you a bit of a headache!

don

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 11:01:13 PM »
Funnily enough that was the day when I'd seen Tony at the nude end of the beach wearing nothing but a smile, his 'I love San Stef' sun hat and his wristband.....

Did have trouble dropping off that night..........!! ;)

And just where on his body was he wearing these articles? Hope he wasn't showing off again. Just never ask him for the time LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni