Author Topic: Royal Wedding  (Read 13089 times)

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Wedding
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »
Hear hear Spesh, who cares. It has been rammed down our throats in ever increasing amounts for weeks now.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 06:02:02 PM »
I'm far from being a royalist, but I have to say that was a stunning production. The camera-work inside the Abbey was just simply beautiful - the music was excellent - the biggest world TV audience ever and a triumph of perfectly-timed production. Those who would like Murdoch to take over TV might want to admire what the BBC can do when it's sending its feed to the world.

After the obnoxious Thatcher presided over the destruction of most of our manufacturing base, and passed the chalice to the bankers we all love, we don't have a lot left. But we can do marching and horses and bands and a bit of flag-waving. You watch the presidential inauguration in the USA, and let's face it, it's totally naff compared to this. Most of the "tradition" is fake, but they really have got the script right! 

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 07:47:03 PM »
Well as a foreigner here in Corfu watched and loved and supported my home land and felt a sort of spirit for the BRITS and am now looking forward to 2012  8)

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »
I thought the whole service was fantastic. Nobody does all that pomp and ceremony like the Royal Family, it was terrific.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 03:23:43 AM »
Ceremony, royalty and all that aside - this has been one of the most complex outside broadcasts ever mounted, directed by the director of the X-Factor. Never once in the Abbey did we see a camera, but there were wide and close shots from every angle. They had miniature high definition cameras hidden away, including one in the flowers on the altar! I've spent a lot of my life in radio and TV and I was stunned at the quality of the pictures and sound. The high wide-angle shots downwards on the chancel were simply stunning. Let's raise our glasses to the crew as well as the cast.

Great show. Others will no doubt disagree, but I think it was appalling not to invite Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, and for that matter Sarah Ferguson (whom I've talked to many times). It seemed to me petulant and not in the spirit of national joy and unity which was the emergent theme of the somewhat sycophantic commentators. The excuse was the laughable statement that it "wasn't a State Occasion". Do me a favour! Are Wills and Catherine best buddies with the King of Tonga? 

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »
Fantastic production and a wonderful day. I really enjoyed it and watched everything from start to finish.
I felt extremely proud of our country.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 01:06:23 AM »
With you there Jimbo - I enjoyed the quality more than the quantity, but we (friends and family), gathered for a great BBQ on the excuse of the wedding, and had a brilliant day in the garden - sunny and relaxed!
Cold beer, champagne, wine, Pimms-O'clock, decent food and good company - - - so to the Royals' - - -  thanks for the extra day off and the spectacle -
always love the show, the marching bands - - - and it always seems better after a drink!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni