Author Topic: I've cracked! Going back to San Stef  (Read 11570 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
I've cracked! Going back to San Stef
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:39:39 AM »
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted, but I require your advice.  The wife and I have made up our minds to return to San Stef in the beginning of September.  Without sounding boastful, I know all about the resort.  However we are in a dilemma of where to stay.  We think we have it down to two.  So, would you recommend the Little Prince or the Thomas Bay?  We have stayed in neither.  No pressure on you lot!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: I've cracked! Going back to San Stef
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
Haven't stayed in TB, but going back to Little Prince for the third year running in July, which says something!

I guess one difference is that TB is half-board, and LP is self-catering.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 12:01:30 PM »
Cheers Jimbo.  We are not too bothered about the half board option as we love to dine out.  The attraction to the Thomas Bay was because it's adults only.  We are a little grumpy when it comes to akle biters, bless them!  I know there are no guarantees but does the Little Prince attract families/kids?

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 12:05:43 PM »
That should say ankle biters!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
There are usually some Finnish kids around the pool, but they're a fairly quiet lot. Can't remember seeing a single Brit kid in the total of 7 weeks we've spent there. Quite a few in the evening for meals - but LP is one of the most popular eateries. The Scandinavians occupy the upper floors - it's generally Brits only on the first floor. The rooms are double-glazed so pretty quiet at night. Good view of Jerry James from the balcony in the evening!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
Jimbo, did you have to give out that information?  You typed that with a wry smile on your face did'nt you?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:42 PM »
Just trying to point out the value-added!!! Good view of village activity from the first floor - bit like being in a tree house in a game park!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 09:08:37 PM »
Rod, we have stayed in both, LP is well fitted out, as is the TB.
Love to eat in LP, prefer the TB pool overall, nice lunches etc.

We find the food in TB good, but also like to eat out a lot as well, it works for us.
the atmosphere in the TB is great and welcoming, nothing is too much trouble there.

The owners and Staff in both places are equally wonderful people and good friends.
When we travel on our own, we prefer the TB as no, or almost no, kids running around, (you may get the odd one visiting or eating with parents),
none stay there though!

This year we have our Son & D-in-law plus the grand-kids, so we booked the Athina in school holidays, therefore expecting a screaming time!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline avcarr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 11:42:28 PM »
Just got back from our 9th holiday in San Stef.  Got very good last minute deal with Thompson and stayed in the 2 bedroom Little Princes apt very nice, highly recommended.  Nice welcome and pleased to see Dimitri, Peppita and Mike again.  Bathroom has a bath as well a shower, plenty of wardrobe space and separate kitchen.  This year Dimitri from Bistro is managing their bar with great music.  Worth a visit.  Had some good evenings as always in Little Princes too.  Good of Mike to ensure we had a nice breakfast on our last day before the coach arrived at 9am.

Although the beach wasn't set up with beach attendants some of the beach restaurants were managing their own sunbeds free of charge if you ate lunch etc so as weather was great we used Waves nearly every day. As usual good service and nice people.

This year we also sat by Athina pool and great to see Nandy again (daughter of Theo, Two Star) kindly getting your refreshments for you as the pool bar is closed this season.

Had some good meals as always in 2 Star too.

Nice to see Glen and Maria again too and had best lunch there and went for drinks some evenings good measures and welcome company.

Visited Golden Beach hotel for lunch.  Saw Kostas and trendy new menu for Fantasea.

Nice evenings in Thomas Bay too where we often stay. Great to see Nikos, young Nikos, Heather, Irene, Christos and Stefanos.

Very good meal with Stellios at the ever classy Olympia restaurant.

Good Lady Gaga/Katy Perry show at Condor.

Looking forward to visiting again next year.......Alan and Carole     :)       

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 12:45:12 AM »
Welcome to the forums Alan and Carol. Great review of your holiday
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 01:04:42 AM »
Oh it sounds really good.  Will miss AG Stef this year.  off to the Whitsunday Islands in Greta Barrier Reef for our daughter's wedding in oct and having to seriously SAVE - I aske her ' could'nt you find somewhere further away ?'  We have to fly to Melbourne Aus (where she lives) so fly to Dubai, change there, on next flight, stop Singapore for 1 half hours then onto Melbourne, there for 2 days then with daughter etc fly to Sydney, then Brisbane, then up to Airlie Beach and finally small plane to Hamilton island, Whitsundays - phew - then back all over again and then straight back to work.  Kids, who'd have them eh?

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 01:05:11 AM »
ok before the comments start - meant to type Great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 01:56:42 AM »
ok before the comments start - meant to type Great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greta your daughter lol ;D
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 03:06:49 AM »
Kids, who'd have them eh?

With a travel plan like that, probably nobody!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 03:11:00 AM »
Wow Debra. Made me feel tired just reading it lol!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni