Author Topic: Thomson's new pricing Strategy  (Read 8711 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Thomson's new pricing Strategy
« on: December 23, 2010, 02:02:42 AM »
Having Booked my Holiday - I tend to keep an eye out on the prices.
I re-calculated our holiday today having received the usual Thomson discount voucher for an extra £100 off, plus web discount.

I did the same holiday quote, the same "last-two" rooms etc, - - - everything exactly the same.
The flight has now gone up about £50 each, LUGGAGE HAS DROPPED TO 15Kg,
but you can now pay £15 each extra to get the usual 20Kg or £35 for 25Kg (max weight allowed is 23Kg).

I put in the voucher and the holiday with extra discounts is now £150 extra for 4 adults - - this is the usual annual Marketing joke - Merry Xmas from Thomson!!

(Now waiting to see how the prices fall in the new year Sales) - not much I suspect!! 
Thomson Holidays are much dearer this year round, so it will be interesting to see how the pricing strategy works out - I think a lot less people going this summer!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
  • hair by Patricia - San Stefanos
    • View Profile
Re: Thomson's new pricing Strategy
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 07:32:48 PM »
                Hi Happy Holiday Makers

Thomson in the passed have been known to advise customers that all accomodation is full when in fact there were rooms available . The hoteliers were fuming. Also people have , when refused their choice , have threatened to book else where all of a sudden the agent finds what was asked for- so stick to your guns, use another agent or book privately
LIZZIE

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »
We have booked, with Thomson, for June 2011. Prices higher, but I suspect they will rise as we are into some inflation, and fuel is certainly increasing in cost,and there are changes to airport taxes?
Currently quaffing some Pedigree, thinking about sun and Ouzo on a sunny balcony, and preparing for an early start on Boxing day to drive to Birmingham airport to fly to Spain - weather permitting!
Now, about  breakfast at the Romanza - - - -?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 04:21:02 AM »
Another email today - this time from First Choice (disguised Thomsons), with the offers of Boxing Day sales.
Basically - the prices have shot up so they can reduce them to the normal price on Boxing day's sale I suspect!!

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:20:21 PM »
Pricing's gone out the window. For July the Barras is now more expensive than Thomas Bay and only £20 cheaper than Athina. Has the Barras been quietly refurbished into a 4 star?.
Not sure we will be making it back this year unless prices drop dramatically.

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 01:15:03 AM »
Cockney in hull, we booked yesterday for Barras with Thomsons we are going 19th August for 2 wks flying from Cardiff and it was under a £1,000 that is quite a bit less than we paid last year

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 09:45:52 AM »
I found it the same as Cockney in Hull, so you were lucky Sunshine - Maybe it depends where you fly from etc.etc as well???

Last year I saw Barras at £340 PP - this year it was £200 dearer for SC - strange!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni