Author Topic: transfers  (Read 13767 times)

Offline gaznviv

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
transfers
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »
how long will the transfer take (approx) arriving end of july.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: transfers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »
Depends if you are on a coach or doing private transfer - the latter should be 45-60 mins. If its on a coach it will depend on how many drop offs as San Stef is usually last.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »
Airport taxi is €65 each way.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 06:40:03 PM »
We did the private transfer last year when we arrived. We were safely propping up the bar in the Romanza around 2.30pm which was an hour after arrival!!! The bus turned up around 4.15pm. We booked via Noula and San Stef....you just go pay her when you go into the resort. Deffo worth doing it (at least one way) if you can afford it

We got the Thomson bus back to the airport. This wouldn't have been so bad had it not had to wait for two youngsters who were still tucked up in bed in Sidari!! This added on about 30 minutes to the return journey....not too bothered about that as I'm on my way home!!

Offline gaznviv

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:48:44 PM »
have already got  bus transfers with thomsons

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »
Yeah we did but we just decided to treat ourselves to a transfer to the resort as it meant our holiday started around 2 hours early!! Meant a nice few hours on a sunlounger!  :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 12:02:54 AM »
Hi gaznviv

It depends on whether the bus is dropping people off at the plastic complexes just NE of Corfu Town. Why they do this I really can't see, because those people could be there in ten minutes by taxi.

Think 1.5 hours. Probably will be less. Could be more. I don't care. Get into Greek time. The taxi fare to get there scarily fast equates to about 24 bottles of Mythos. I just sit back and look at the pretty mountains, the occasional glimpse of blue sea, the olive and cyprus trees. The other people in the bus are pale and nervous. If I get bored I mentally cast them as extras in "Shaun Of The Undead."

Many of the Undead get off at Sidari. I love passing through Sidari. It reminds me of my childhood. It's like Margate in a microwave. Then the bus turns up into the hills and you get a great feeling of coming home. Navigating Avliotes is wonderful. A village where two donkeys would have trouble passing on the main street has to contend with stonking great buses, Delta ice cream vans, quad bikes piloted by strangely pink people, and rubbish trucks which stop for nobody.

Then the coach passes the brow of the hill and turns down. You can see the sweep of the beach. As you pass Romanza on your right the scent of toast and Kumquat Marmalade wafts through the air-conditioning. Further down it's all elegant cocktails outside Bar38 - short dresses and gorgeous legs (and that's just the blokes). You pass the Athens bar, and mad Spiros shouts "I move table outside for you! Anywhere you want!" Yeasty smells tickle your taste buds as you pass the bakery.

The bus comes to a halt outside Barras. You pull your wheelie bags up to the Little Prince. You get an enormous hug from Dimitris, Mixalis and Pippina.

You are now 24 bottles of Mythos ahead of the game. Time to get started!

Travel is like sex. Fast is good if you're in a hurry - but a slightly slower approach can build anticipation. I think Thomson's have got the transfer absolutely right. It teases with possibility - it makes unexpected adventures to new places - it slows to a halt when you are getting excited. It reveals and then hides. It's sheer air-conditioned foreplay, and I wouldn't swap if for a quick one in a taxi unless I'd got the kind of bladder problem 24 bottles of Mythos can induce!   

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:25 AM »
10/10 Jimbo. Brilliant   ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 10:09:34 AM »
I'm with you there Jimbo as well - nice to get there fast - but 2 dozen Mythos is very attractive.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline gaznviv

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »
beer on the bus? who cares how long it takes

Offline amazona

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »
Airport taxi is €65 each way.

a one way taxi transfer booked at San Stef Travel is €55 (upto 4 people)

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 09:51:34 AM »
With you Jimbo, I just think its abit silly when coach tranfer is included to pay for a taxi for the sake of a couple of hrs MAX.
No San Stef for us this year so we will be reading the forum to get our fix.  :(

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 12:16:36 AM »
I have to say the wife and I hate coaches and always get a taxi transfer, O.K. it might cost you 20 bottles of Mythos but I will be sipping white wine in the Little Prince while Jimbo is still sitting in a hot coach in Sidari dying for a drink

After a long flight the journey between the Airport and San Steph is best spent in a taxi at 80mph and thats just on the bends!

Thats the thing about Greek taxi drivers they dont do maximum speed limits just minimum ones and I if you give them the promise of a good tip they can have you drinking Mythos in the Havana Bar while everyone else is still waiting for the coach in 40c heat at Corfu Airport.

Believe me, get a taxi.....

Andy

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 12:25:59 AM »
Hi Andy - If you're that desperate to get to SS you could always hire one these babies:

http://www.cretediscover.com/RentCraft/Greece/Helicopter_Rental.html

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 02:28:28 AM »
Put me down for one as well - mind you Andy - it's 400 bottles of Mythos this time!!
Still - by the time Jimbo and the rest of us arrive - you will be well out of it!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni