Author Topic: Back home now  (Read 7490 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Back home now
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:46:32 PM »
Hi everyone, back home now having had a wonderful holiday.

Flights on time both ways, outbound flight much quicker than flight home. Gavalah and Pam sat behind us on outbound journey.
Coach journey to SS brilliant, only one drop off in Dassia then straight to SS where Nikos[owner of Tsaros] was waiting to take us up the hill, arrived in SS at 1520 so  glad we did not book a taxi. Coach journey back to airport a totally a different story. Picked up in SS then picked up at other SS hotels then onto Sidari where at one hotel a man appeared to have lost his wife and two young men were still in bed having been out on the tiles the night before so we were sat on the coach for about 30 minutes waiting for them to get dressed.
Tsaros apartments are lovely, we had a view of the sea and Albania. The owners Nikos and Thannasis are wonderful and warm people and we felt very welcomed by them. The pool bar was a nice relaxing place to be and the food served was very good. We met Rob[jade2001] and his lovely family on their last night, it was great to meet him. We are glad that we opted for self catering this time instead of half board because there so many nice places to eat out at.
The hill up to apartments was no problem to us, just take your time and it really is not bad at all especially at night when the weather is cooler.
Out of all the meals the only one we did not enjoy was at Zobra's, my vegetarian dish was bland and my husband meal was not so good and poorly presented but we really enjoyed the Greek dancing there.
Two stars= average.
Paradise = average but staff really friendly.
Sunset= nice food in a peaceful setting.
Olympia= well above average food with friendly staff.
The restauraunts that we think stood out above the rest are as follows:
Olive Press = very welcoming staff with lovely and well presented food. George made me a vegetarian dish that was not on the menu and it was lovely. My husband had the half chicken which he really enjoyed, we ate out there 3 times.
Mythica = Bread rolls/various butters to die for, I only fancied a salad that night after developing a craving for mars bars earlier in the day, my husband had steak stuffed with cheese which he rated highly.
Ozzy oils= Kerry very pleasnt and helpful. Food fantastic, very tasty and well presented. Hubby really enjoyed the meat pie and mash.
Nafsika= Great food with helpful and cheerful staff.
Beachcomber Bistro= A really enjoyable experience, lots of brilliant vegetarian food to choose from which was definetly not just an after thought, we visited here twice. Brilliant place to watch the sunsets too.

Lots of time spent on the beach and plenty of walking. We walked to Agios Georgios North and stopped to enjoy a meal at Dionysos restaurant overlooking A.G bay, another day we walked to Avilotes[enjoyed lunch at the Ilias  restaurant overlooking the valley] and also lots of walks through olive groves and Arillis. Hired a quad bike and visited Paleokastrica and some off road through the olive groves down from Pagi.

We made our way to Aquarius bar on Tuesday 31st but no members there so we went into Athina to say hello to staff there then checked Aquarius bar again but nobody there. I have since learnt that the day was changed but we were not aware of this either that or we got mixed up.  Never mind there is always next year.
Once again a brilliant holiday.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:38:06 PM by lilly »

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Back home now
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 04:26:23 PM »
sounds great....as usual !!!

i go a week Friday and cannot wait now !!!!!

how bad were the wasps ????

Sarah H

Offline dianeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 06:18:30 PM »
Glad you had a good time :)

We got back on Tuesday after spending a lovely week there, not long enough though, wish we'd had two weeks, maybe next year!

We missed last year but in our opinion it hasn't changed a bit, perhaps quieter than 2008 but just as nice. Everyone once again was so friendly and everyone without fail remembered us. Stayed in the Athina again which was as nice as ever, all the young children there are growing up so quickly!

Saw Glen in Aquarius and his new baby, she is lovely.

I thought the beach was better than expected, after all the discussion was expecting a narrow strip but just a bit narrower than we remember, sand banks went out for miles so it was ages before you could disappear under the sea and swim.

We had perfect weather for the whole week, a bit windy on Sunday night when we went up to Akrotiri but not too bad, its gorgeous there,fantastic views. Had a lovely breakfast at Gravia too. Good flights, great transfers with Thomsons and as far as we could see, no wasps!
Now we have to wait a whole year to go back :(

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 01:17:33 PM »
I still cant beleive that bloke who's wife had decided to go shopping when the  bus pick up was due!!
I dont think he'd been abroad before. You were sat at the front so probably didn't see but despite the rep telling everyone to stay seated on the bus until she found out which desk we we should go to......the minute it stopped he was up and running down the bus to get off!!!

It was only when no one else moved that he decided to sit back down! Coach journey from hell!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »
gavlah, quite unbelievable that anyone would go shopping when the coach to the airport was due, some people hey?
Not a very good coach trip to the airport.
The two young lads that were still in bed could'nt find their passports at first, luckily for them the passports were in one of their bags.
You just could not make it up. ::)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 03:45:47 PM »
Lilly we also turned up on the 31st in Glens and then he told us it was Wednesday so we also went then as well
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:57:05 PM »
Really Sorry to miss you Lilly, we almost went on 31st  as well!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 12:17:44 AM »
Tony, I thought I recognised you from your photo on the link that you had posted[ and no I don't mean on the nudist beach with your wristband in a strange place]. I thought I saw you on your first night standing outside the little prince watching the greek dancing, we were at the little prince bar, we paid our bill and I looked up and you had gone[if indeed it was you???].
I also thought I saw you again on the Tuesday morning when you were walking past Maria's supermarket, I did smile at you but no response so I thought it can't be him because i have heard that he is such a cheerful chappy, if it was not you then the poor guy must have thought what is that woman doing grinning at me like that. :)

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 12:38:24 AM »
Tony............. You'd forgot to put your glass eyes in again ::)
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 02:47:49 AM »
I was hoping to say hello Lilly - we did go past Maria's some mornings, but usually always went in as well for a chat!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni