Author Topic: When does the SS holiday season end?  (Read 10152 times)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
When does the SS holiday season end?
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:38:26 PM »
Hi all, still enjoying the forum some weeks after our August trip to the Romanza. Its clear some people are still planning their trip etc.(not that we're jealous!!) We were wondering what peoples' experiences of late season trips were? Is mid Oct realistic re weather, facilities airport' flights etc? In Reality is it possible to travel beyond Oct?..... it's still got to be warmer than home?!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: When does the SS holiday season end?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:45:42 PM »
I suspect the season ends around 20th October.  We'll be there until 8th October, so will provide reports.

zoe

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 09:58:22 PM »
our first time in san stef was mid october and we had great weather pool was ok but you had to keep moving or turn blue on the last week a few tavernas didnt open but no problem at all

YANNIS26

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:05:17 PM »
Hi Sellsy
You can book San Stefanos until 22nd Oct.This is the last week of the season and it is also a UK schools holiday week.I believe certain Tavernas etc. close before the official end of the season.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »
Thanks all, seems more than do-able if you accept the greater risk re weather etc. We wonder if prices around the resort are noticably lower? Also, is it possible to travel bejond the Oct period, perhaps from mainland Greece? If you could get there would SS be more like a ghost town - befitting of the strange black dog!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »
I have visited SS for the last two October half terms. It is very, very quiet and most tavernas and bars have closed up. I fly easy jet from Bristol on Fri Oct 22 this year and return on Monday 1st Nov. I think that there are also flights from Manchester and there are def some from Gatwick. Ithink that the Bristol and Manchester ones are the very last of the season.
For the last two years it has been warm enough to sunbathe on the beach and by pools. I tend to use Tsaros pool which is sheltered.
In the evenings the only places to eat have been Olympia, Beachcomber and last year Nafsika stayed open too. I think that Town Pizza may welll have been open. Some of the bars are open at the weekends but close up in the week. Bar 38 was open each night last year as was 3w and Tsaros pol bar. Glenn's (Aquarias) was open for th efirst part of the week too. YOu can find somewhere to eat and drink if you try!
The supermarkets were empty. Margaritas (by the beach) was half the size with shelves all blocked off.
I really like it! But it is strange.
During the winter most people fly out through Athens, but I am reliably informed that there is awinter easy jet flight via Gatwick. This is not showing at present so I am not sure.
Hope this helps.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 12:31:07 AM »
many thanks for that .....looking at egypt..!!!! LOL

Gavlah1973

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
Are you two off on hols again????!!!! Disgraceful!!

Re Egypt.....we stopped at Ghazala Gardens with Red Sea Hols....right in the middle of Naama Bay but suprisingly quiet.
You can upgrade to a suite for £120 for both for the week.Rates highly on T/A

Say hi to Deb for us

Gav & Pam

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
Thanks Gav, seems like the Red sea is becoming more and more popular for that late autumn / winter break ,with the weather being the key draw. Thanks for the pointers re Naama bay,will have a butchers. We found the Sultan Gardens on the outskirts a real value for money hotel with a fab private coral reef being the icing on the cake. Even if we dont make it, its nice to check out options as the nights draw in! Cheers. Kevin.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni