Author Topic: How to amuse yourself in the Rain  (Read 8171 times)

Offline Chocs

• View Profile
How to amuse yourself in the Rain
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:09:12 PM »
Hi, after much anticipation we are off to SS tomorrow.  I've just looked at the forecast and it is not promising at all, 'chance of rain', clouds etc almost every day.  Any suggestions for how to amuse ourselves should the forecast prove to be right?  Nothing vulgar please ;)  And should I be packing my kagool?  Hopefully we WILL get the possible thunderstorm on Friday night/Saturday.
Cheers
Chocs

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: How to amuse yourself in the Rain
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:34:04 PM »
1. Long breakfast. Very long lunch. Siesta. Long supper.

2. Locate some reasonably intelligent people in a bar and share your life stories. (This can be hard! Well - the first bit, anyway).

3. Travel Scrabble, but ensure that you have a dictionary if you want to avoid a domestic incident.

4. It probably won't rain anyway.

5. Definitely take some waterproofs.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 07:34:20 PM »
Take only light waterproofs, you can buy cheap plastic capes from the shops here if you want.
The weather is often raining in Corfu Town, but not here, short spell rain today, now really hot and sunny, last few hours. Always something to do, even possible to find intelligent people to talk too.!! LOL

Add to Jim's list - -
don't worry
hire a car for a day
go for a walk - who cares if it's raining anyway - (not too often either).
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »
Hire a car and see the real Corfu villages......

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »
Hi Folks,

We've just returned from 2 weeks in San Stef and usually look forward to one of the heavy thunderstorms you get this time of year, but this time we had almost 3 full days of rain!!  :'(

We were keeping an eye on the forecast and after following the storm coming in from Italy we ended up having two consecutive days of rain on Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th September. Quite enjoyed the first day and ended up having a 'movies and games' day in the hotel, although by the end of the second day we really were looking forward to the sun again. Mind you the weather soon picked up  :) and was fine up until last Friday when we had more rain, although it had cleared up by the time we got to the airport for our flight home.

Talking of the drive back to the airport, if you're there anytime soon, check out the remains of a fire that they had on the main road through the centre of the island, up the mountain with the petrol station about half way up. There was quite a big fire during our first week and most of the signage on the petrol station had melted, but fortunately the station wasn't damaged further and most houses and businesses in the area seem unaffected. Lots of damage to the vegetation though, looks like quite a big fire. Apparently it was arson and the culprit was apprehended.

If you get  any rain just enjoy it, beats being back at home  :D

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »
We returned home on the 3rd and saw the damage caused by the fire! Quite widespread!

One of our fellow Romanza guests was a fireman and him and Leo went off to try and have a look!!!

Glad the culprit was apprehended.........I hope it wasnt Vlad, the black vampire dog that caused this whilst trying to BBQ his Kumquat Marmalade!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 12:04:11 AM »
Rich, we could see the fire from the Tsaros apartments and saw the damage on the way back to the airport. John, my husband is a fireman and had itchy feet watching the fire from Tsaros. Good to know the culprit was caught.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »
We saw the remnants of the fire as well. Could have been a whole lot worse with the petrol station being there as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 03:33:37 AM »
Yes - why would someone do it?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 10:58:47 AM »
The fire would explain the siren I heard one day, I did wonder what it was for!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni