Author Topic: Restaurant reviews  (Read 7487 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Restaurant reviews
« on: September 06, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
Zobras= we did'nt enjoy the food, mine was bland and Johns nothing to write home about but Greek dancing was excellent.
paradise= food ok, very friendly and welcoming staff.
Sunset= Nice food and again friendly staff. We also stopped here for an ice-cream sundae on our walk back from Avliotes and it was lovely.
Town pizza=excellent pizza, we sat in one night and also had a take away on another occasion.
Aquarius bar= lovely lunch/snack, I had chips and cheese, John had chips,cheese and bacon and also a toastie. Glen is a nice friendly person.
Two Stars= average. We were given free shots[I think liquers] but a couple we met in SS were quite unhappy that they were given shots of lager during both their visits, they were drinking lager but we were drinking wine/lager and we were given the liquers. They said that they felt insulted. Can't understand why anyone would be given a shot of lager.
Athina pool bar= nice toasted sandwiches which we ordered then took to the beach with us.
The bakery= Lovely pastries and delicious cheesecake.
Olympia= Well above average and friendly staff.

The best ones in our opinion:

Nafsika= Brilliant food and fantastic service.
Mythica= John really enjoyed his steak stuffed with cheese, the bread and various butters were delicious and the saganaki with pears and salad were gorgeous.
Olive press= Again excellent food, George made me some excellent vegetarian dishes. John enjoyed his half chicken x 3 times.
Ozzy oils= Lovely cobb of bread with various butters, try the dream salad it was great, John really liked the meat pie and mash.
Beachcomber= Beautiful setting for the sunsets. Lots of choice for vegetarians with the food given alot of thought. A lovely dining experience.
Tsaros pool bar= Lovely home cooked breakfasts and very good day time meals too.
Gravia= very good food with lovely views.

Also enjoyed a meal at Manthos Taverna and spent some time looking at all the old photo's of the resort in the back room, Manthos a lovely friendly guy.

Bars:
Condor bar= saw michael jackson tribute, quite entertaining in our opinion. We only popped in again for one drink on another ocassion but did'nt really enjoy being there, seemed to be lacking in atmosphere.
Bar 38= Still a lovely bar although its location has changed since our last visit.
Little Prince bar= Pleasant bar with comfortable chairs and friendly staff.
Silver star= called in for a drink, nothing special. We walked passed when Jeremy was on but there were only an handful of people watching him.
Summer dreams= Lunchtime drink, bar was always empty. Staff pleasant and friendly. John bitten by mosquito's whilst in here.
Perros hotel bar= enjoyed a nice relaxing drink after one of our walks.
Athens bar= Warm welcome once again from Nikos, nice atmosphere in pleasant surroundings.

So we enjoyed all the food on offer and we did'nt hold back at all. I don't tend to put weight on no matter how much I eat so no diet required although hubby is now sporting a few extra pounds but says it was worth it to sample all the lovely food.  :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:36:26 PM by lilly »

Gavlah1973

Re: Restaurant reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »
Forgot to mention Athina in my review.....

We only went in for a beer on the way back to the Romanza. There was an older guy and a young lad serving in the pool bar.
This was the only place in San Stef where we were grunted at!!!!! All I did was ask where the toilets were and he was very unhelpful! Appreciate I may have caught him on a bad day!! First impressions count though and they were nowhere near as friendly as Spiros and co in Havana!

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »
Hi this must be the older guy he has always bean the same but once he gets to no you he is ok.
Regards Harry

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 03:17:51 AM »
LOL - thats the famous Kostas!!
Make him smile - you get 10 points!

If you talk to him - he is really fine - just never smiles!!
His older son Georges was brilliant!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni