Author Topic: Hello everybody!  (Read 19013 times)

Gavlah1973

Re: Hello everybody!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 01:01:48 PM »
Yeah it was nice. I dont think I could do 2 weeks there now as I prefer the variety of different bars and taverna's

One good idea they had there was the 'Dine Around'. You were basically given meal vouchers for half board when you checked in (one each for each night) they also had 8 euros stamped on them. If you dined in the hotel you just handed them in. You could also dine in the Italian, pizzeria, steak house, greek taverna around the Marina and you basically got 16 Euro per couple knocked off your meal.

It was really expensive. I seem to remember a gin and tonic costing 6 euros and that was 8 years ago!!!

Lovely, lovely place though. They had a 13th Century watchtower at the back of the hotel and you could go up there, sip champagne and watch the sunset whilst being seranaded by a small orchestra!!

Roll on 2 weeks and San Stef!

Offline hazzacornwall

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 02:20:18 PM »
Hi cdavies86,  We are currently planning our 4th visit to Delfino and have previously seen the marvellous setting they create for wedding parties. Contrary to what other members of this site think , the whole place is magical. Just read trip advisor and look at all the photos and you get a very true and honest appraisal of the place from people who have actually stayed there. Kostas and the receptionist  Yvette will go out of their way to make your occasion better than you could even imagine.

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 07:12:17 PM »
Thanks hazzacornwall. Can I just ask what the other members think? Is it because it might be perceived as a bit 'posh'? Or is there other reasoning behind it?

We wanted an outdoors ceremony overlooking the beach so this looks like it ticks all the boxes!

Offline hazzacornwall

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »
There was a thread in the "where to stay " section titled "Newbie-Delfino" a few weeks ago. I thought it was quite nasty especially about Yvette the receptionist who is a lovely yorkshire girl who goes about her job in a most friendly and professional way. There is no snobbishness about the place (I would not be comfortable with anything like that). The only positive comment was from someone who had stayed there before but on trying this year could not get in. That says it all, you have to book early to reserve a room and there are lots of people who reserve their rooms for next year on leaving. I did not get involved in that thread because I could not understand where it was coming from. I recommended Delfino to my sons friend for their honeymoon this year, and they have just got back enthusing about the place. I always think it is risky to recommend anywhere but this a place that I have no qualms about, and everyone that has taken our suggestion has come back thanking me. You go meet them and form your own opinion but I would be quite surprised if you did not like what you see and hear. Congratulations on your wedding, hope you have a marvellous day where ever you choose.

YANNIS26

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 10:36:07 PM »
Hi Hazzacornwall
It is a good thing I was not aware Yvette was a fellow Yorkie.If I had I shudder to think what would have happened during the recent Delfino Saga.Can you imagine with my reputation it could have been World War 3.
The white rose forever.
Yammas
Yannis

Gavlah1973

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 10:41:45 PM »
Amen to that Yannis

Leeds Leeds Leeds!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 11:34:23 PM »
YOU REALLY SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS !!!!!!!!     ........ TWO lovely daughters !  :-*
Oooops! Thanks Don!! - mixed him up with someone else!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 12:23:43 AM »
YES........... Your son now has one of each LOL    .... It's your age  ???

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 12:47:28 AM »
Great advice from hazzacornwall that you can make your own mind up cdavies whilst you are there. Delfino is not for everyone but then again our favourite Teresa is not for everyone either. If we all wanted to go to the same hotel or apartments we wouldn't all get in lol!!!!. Have you seen the Delfino website?
http://www.delfinoblu.gr/index.htm
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 02:02:00 AM »
Delfino fans

I don't think there is any snobbishness kicking around.

I've heard good reports about the place and it probably ticks the boxes for a special occassion.

For me for  the summer family holiday would cost around €2500-3000 for 14 nights accomodation at Delfino, plus £1k in flights, which for San Stef, for what it offers and as much as I love it, is not competitive. Much better luxury available for that sort of cash - albeit that needs to be balanced against the friendliness of the resort.....IMHO.

:-X

joan

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 12:21:22 PM »
Forgot to ask about the Delfino Blu....not sure if it was even built in 2006 when we were there but anyway we never turned left out of the Athina to see it....

Thinking of getting married there next year, plans to meet their wedding planner when we visit in 3 weeks. Anyone stayed there/ been to a wedding there?

Such a decision to make, want it to be the right one!!

Thanks  ;D
We were in the company of people who were married out there last year on the beach outside the hotel and had their reception at Delfino Blu they were impressed with all aspects of the reception. Noula at SS did all the wedding arrangements

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 01:43:41 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.

Guess I'll just have to wait 16 days until I'm there and can visit the Delfino myself!

Anyone been to any other weddings in Greece? (Not just Corfu, any islands!) Such a big decision to make!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
Hi cdavies

Not been to a wedding in Greece but we stopped in Kefalonia the other year at a hotel that hosted weddings in its own chapel in it's ground

http://www.9museshotel.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g664630-d500164-Reviews-9_Muses_Hotel_Skala_Beach-Skala_Cephalonia_Ionian_Islands.html

Quite expensive and probably similar/on a par with Delfino. Very very friendly and couldn't fault a thing. If my forthcoming stay at the Romanza is half as good as the holiday we had at the Nine Muses then I'll be pleased! CHeck out the pictures of the chapel on Trip Advisor.
A lot of the wedding parties had the bride/groom, parents etc stopping here whilst a lot of friends and family stayed at cheaper accom nearby.   

Offline peter

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 09:37:13 PM »
aye right tony, admit it you mucked up ...lol :D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 03:04:55 AM »
Yes Peter - too much Ouzo that evening - LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks