Author Topic: Hello everybody!  (Read 19012 times)

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!
« on: August 05, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »
Just joined this board even though I've been having a little 'stalk' for a few days!!

Going back to SS and the Athina Hotel on the 27th for a fortnight, can't wait I'm ready to burst!! Haven't been to SS since 2006, has it changed much? Glen was just opening his bar by the Athina, hope he's doing well?

Can anyone who's returned in the last week tell me how the weathers been please? Heard it's been a bit dodgy all season!?  :(

Thanking you!  :)

YANNIS26

Re: Hello everybody!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 06:26:59 PM »
Hi cdavies86
Welcome to the forum.Have a great holiday.Glenns bar Äquarious is a great place for lunch.Try his cheesey chips with bacon.Also a great place for a relaxing nightcap to finish off the evening.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »
Hi cdavies86 and welcome to the forum. We stayed at Athina 2008,lovely hotel.
We go on the 20th so I have been checking the weather out, it seems it has been very nice this year with a few thunder storms which soon clear up.

joan

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »
Hi cdavies86

Weatheronline.com gives an 8 day forecast and it's going to be...... hot hot hot for now, forecasting sun all the way and temperatures into 90s, keep checking this you can also get onto the webcams through this site but SS is not working at the moment.
Enjoy your stay.

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
Thanks everyone for the speedy replies - have got me even more excited now (didn't think it was possible!!)

We went the exact same dates four years ago and didn't see a single drop of rain, so I'm keeping everything crossed!

Glad to know his bar is still doing well... his greek salads were the best around imho! ;D

joan

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:53 PM »
After two glorious weeks we had torrential rain and a massive thunderstorm the evening just before we left last year, everyone was talking about it at the airport, SS NE was badly hit as was most of that side, hope we don't get one as bad as that this time.....in fact not at all, I think wev'e had enough rain to last us for ever.
Not long to go now.

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:54:17 AM »
Returned early 3 August.  Weather great.  Two fairly short Mistrals but it just breaks the holiday up and do something different.  It's a bit of a shame when it's windy that Manthos, Waves etc have the clear blinds down but that is a small problem.  Have another Retsina and Mythos and relax, it looks like the good weather is continuing this week.  Have a peek at the web cam to whet the appetite.

PS. Wondered if anyone on the forum was delayed by 8 hours on Viking to Manchester last Monday night.  Sorry for you but glad it wasn't us.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 01:19:23 AM »
Hi cdavies86

Flew home last Friday, weather was beautifully hot in hi 30s. No windy days, just a good sea breeze at its strongest. 19/7 - 30/7, rgds

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 01:57:15 AM »
Hi cdavies and welcome to the forums. We always go end of August / beginning of September and have never really had anything to complain about weather wise in the last 10 years. The odd storm but mostly at night which can be spectacular to see.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 04:28:18 AM »
Hello from us as well Cdavies86 - The hot chocolate in Aquarios is wonderful.
If you've not seem Glen & Maria for a bit - he now has a Daughter and a new Son.
The Bar seems to be doing well!
Have a great Holiday!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 09:37:36 AM »
Hello from us as well Cdavies86 - The hot chocolate in Aquarios is wonderful.
If you've not seem Glen & Maria for a bit - he now has a Daughter and a new Son.
The Bar seems to be doing well!
Have a great Holiday!

YOU REALLY SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS !!!!!!!!     ........ TWO lovely daughters !  :-*

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »
Thank you for all the replies!!

I'm sure Glenn didn't have any children when we were there in 2006, didn't meet Maria either!

Glad to hear that nothing else has changed that much. Hoping that the storms are not like those we experienced in Halkidiki 3 years ago, 5 days of non-stop rain!! Haven't left the country in over 2 years so looking forward to the 30 + temperatures!

Anyone flying from Cardiff on the 27th?

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »
Hi Cdavies

Where did you go in Halkidiki??

I went to the Sani resort twice around 8 years ago. The first time we went it was JUne and we had amazing weather. The second time was in early Sept. We had one glorious week and then one week with 5 days of great storms. Brilliant for watching but also very boring when there's nothing to do!

Dont think I could afford to go back there now though!

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
Forgot to ask about the Delfino Blu....not sure if it was even built in 2006 when we were there but anyway we never turned left out of the Athina to see it....

Thinking of getting married there next year, plans to meet their wedding planner when we visit in 3 weeks. Anyone stayed there/ been to a wedding there?

Such a decision to make, want it to be the right one!!

Thanks  ;D

Offline cdavies86

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »
Whats occuring Gavlah?!

My parents stayed in the Sani resort a few years back....they loved it there! We went to a little village called Afitos, on the NE of Kassandra peninsula. Lovely hotel but resort not a patch on SS!

Wasnt much at all to do with the storms, soooo windy out there. One night the french doors on our balcony that were shut tight blew right open, blowing the table and chairs in too! Honestly thought it was a mini hurricane for a minute! :'(

Nice hol, but don't feel the desire to rush back there like I do to SS!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni