Author Topic: JUST GOT BACK  (Read 19498 times)

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
JUST GOT BACK
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:19:01 AM »
Well not literally,got home 5.00 am this morning hmm can't beat queuing at Corfu airport at 12.30am!!!!!!!!!!!apart from that another supurb holiday in San Stef.
This was our second year in San Stef and as last year we stayed at the Athina Hotel and once again we were made to feel completly at home-cannot fault the hotel at all,the staff are brilliant and can't do enough for you,food is pretty good overall,and of course the swimming pool is first class.
Did'nt venture to far,mainly The Aquarius Bar where Glenn will cater for your every need [almost]ie:-food,Drink and any kind of music you desire[his Cheesy chips and bacon well worth a try].also frequented the all new Bar 38 which is very nice although a bit modern in decor.
Thats it basically without going on for ages about how as soon as you step off the coach it seems like you have never been away etc etc etc etc-roll on next year  ;)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: JUST GOT BACK
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:22:15 AM »
Glad you had a superb time bazza. The cheesy chips and bacon are they just at lunchtime? Have heard them mentioned before.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 01:41:17 AM »
yes just lunchtime-we usually popped over about13.30-14.00 just for a break from the sunbathing,but could'nt resist a bite to eat to go with a nice cold Mythos!!!!!! :)

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 01:46:49 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it Bazza. So when are you booking Athina (part 3) 2011?   ;)
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 01:53:37 AM »
So glad that you had a great holiday Bazza.
We stayed at Athina in 2008, just wondering if Spiros is still working at the bar, we had a right laugh with him. We are going to SS [Not Athina this time] on 20th August so if he is still there we will go and say hello.

Offline injebreck99

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:03:23 PM »
Thanks for the info Bazza.we are off to the Athina and SS for the first time on 1stOctober for 2 weeks, anything we need to know , as you have been there you may have extra knowledge you don't get from Thomsons. ;)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 11:52:07 PM »
You just hit the nail on the head there injebreck99 - More knowledge on here than any tour operator.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline bazza

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 12:06:28 AM »
hi all, sorry not  replied to your questions yet,just recovering from first day at work post San Stef.
Sandra W-Think we will be back at the Travel Agents pretty soon as my partner has put her request in for next years two weeks visit today at work. :)
Lilly-yes Spiros is still there keeping his customers amused[especially the ladies] ;)
injebreck99-Nice :)-we went for two weeks last year but just the one this year as my youngest daughter gets married in a couple of weeks[more expense].
As far as info is concerned i would advise you not to use Thompsons for any excursion's as they are quite expensive,we used San Stef travel who are a lot cheaper,seems that the rep that visits the Hotel can only sell trips etc,any questions other than that its a case of 'i'll have to ask my manager' :D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:29:09 AM »
Another nice holiday it seems, bazza! It really does seem like an extension of your holiday when you return - we know that feeling.

Injebreck99, I can back bazza's comments re excursions, see San Stef Travel, all fully insured as well, also car hire opposite the Condor or via S S Travel is best.

The Athina pool bar is pretty good for lunch, but give Glen & Maria a try as well, just outside the Athina in Aquarios Bar.
Make sure you picture the wonderful Sunset over the Athina Pool in the evening!
Our advice - take a walk around the village and try what ever takes your fancy.
All the Bars are for all ages and nowhere is it 18-30.
Take in a show at the condor bar, have a meal out one evening - lots of suggestions posted within the forum.
Basically - they are all good places to eat out.
Bar wise - you will find busy, noisy, music, quiet, cocktails, quiz-nights, Bingo, Karaoke, live music - it's all there - you will find something you like!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 12:24:29 PM »
Thanks for  your reply Bazza. Will pop in to see Spiros, yes he does seem to attract the ladies, a little eye candy does no harm. ;) ;)
Although I hear that our very own 'Tonyco' is rather pleasing to the eye. ;) ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:27:11 PM by lilly »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
Thanks for  your reply Bazza. Will pop in to see Spiros, yes he does seem to attract the ladies, a little eye candy does no harm. ;) ;)
Although I hear that our very own 'Tonyco' is rather pleasing to the eye. ;) ;)
Wow Tony - wait until she meets you  ;) 8)

Offline injebreck99

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 10:07:09 PM »
I have been checking this forum for a while, seems like we will get our wish of a relaxing break, we virtually never take the tour operators trips, always too expensive,we prefer to do our own thing, but will have to try a few bars and restaurants , despite going half board to the Athina.
We are great believers in spending our hard earned at local outlets, let them know their efforts are appreciated in this climate, roll on Oct 1st !! ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 04:34:36 AM »
Thanks for  your reply Bazza. Will pop in to see Spiros, yes he does seem to attract the ladies, a little eye candy does no harm. 
Although I hear that our very own 'Tonyco' is rather pleasing to the eye. 

Wow Tony - wait until she meets you  ;) 8)
She should'a gone to Specsavers!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 10:30:09 AM »
She should'a gone to Specsavers!! LOL
lol!!!!!!! ;)

Offline CHRIS R

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 12:17:48 PM »
Hi Bazza
I know i have asked this before on the forum but seen a report on another site in which a lady says there was a kettle in room at athina can you tell me if this is so
Regards Chris

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni