Author Topic: Romanza breakfast  (Read 47841 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Romanza breakfast
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »
Camlan

As a newbie, you're talking a lot of sense.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 09:24:22 PM »
Waspman, you said it depended on your likeability and that is what I found petty.
Whether you have been going there for years or it is your first visit should not depend on your likeability like you suggested and I doubt the Romanza owners/staff would want people suggesting this. They want to attract custom and people thinking of booking the Romanza could be put off by suggestions that it depends on your likeability whether you get jam or not. That is all I was saying.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 09:36:57 PM »
If people are put off booking because of suggestions they may not be liked or they don't get jam, then it’s a sad day.

I wish Yiannis hadn’t mentioned the jam now.

YANNIS26

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »
I don't think being given jam should depend on your likeability, all customers are guests and all guests should be treated the same. All guests are customers and all pay to stay there. To treat some differently to others is asking for trouble in my opinion and is not the way to run a business. It should not depend on likeability, that to me sounds petty and very childish.
Hi Lilly
I would just like to clarify the point regarding the qumquat jam.This has nothing whatever to do with Leo & Katie who run the Romanza restaurant they were a gift  from Nitsa who along with her brother Mike own the Romanza.They in turn let the restaurant to Leo and Katie.It was my personal choice to use the jam at breakfast and it no way could it be construed as priority breakfasts for regulars.
Nitsa and her husband Kostas have been very good friends since our first visit 10 year ago.There has never a year gone by, from year one when I have not left the Romanza with a momento of some kind. For the last 9 years I have brought a box of chocolates for Nitsa and her fellow cleaners to share at tea breaks.These are just small gifts between true friends.
I hope this this clears up any misunderstanding.
Yammas
Yannis
While I was typing this 3 more posts were made.One of which was a comment wishing I not mentioned the jam.The makes two of us.
As for Waspmans choice of the word likeability I believe that was also a mistake.Having said that and having been at the Romanza during this period I understand why he said it.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »
It is not about the actual jam, it is about suggesting that it depends on your likeability factor[your words]. I am sure the Romanza would not be happy with people suggesting the above and that is all I was saying.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 09:58:20 PM »
Yannis, I understand all that you are saying, it was just the 'likeability factor' that seemed a bad choice of words. If potential customers were to read this then it could put them off booking. Hope you understand where I am coming from.

YANNIS26

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »
Yannis, I understand all that you are saying, it was just the 'likeability factor' that seemed a bad choice of words. If potential customers were to read this then it could put them off booking. Hope you understand where I am coming from.
Hi Lilly
Thanks for your understanding ,it was a bad choice of words.In Waspmans defence you had to be there at the time and know exactly why he said it.I hope now this sad episode can be drawn to a close and hope it has not put any would be visitors off the Romanza.I apologise to the Romanza and the forum for mentioning the b****Y jam in the first place.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »
Yannis, maybe you had to be there like you say to understand what was going on. Incidently I don't think the petition was very nice because I do realise that the hoteliers only get a small amount of money from the tour operators to look after their guests. TBH a continental breakfast is enough for me but I would not object to paying for extra's. Will say no more.x

YANNIS26

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 10:45:17 PM »
Yannis, maybe you had to be there like you say to understand what was going on. Incidently I don't think the petition was very nice because I do realise that the hoteliers only get a small amount of money from the tour operators to look after their guests. TBH a continental breakfast is enough for me but I would not object to paying for extra's. Will say no more.x
Thank you
Yannis

Gavlah1973

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 10:52:36 PM »
Waspman.......

What a great review on T/A...........we always use T/A to decide where to go. I booked this holiday (4 weeks tomorrow) around 10 months ago and have regularly checked T/A ever since.

Now with regards to the JAM comments!!!!

It's a really strange co-incidence..........I was in a call today and we got talking holidays. Turns out the guy I was talking to stayed at the Romanza in late May. (Dont worry he didn't mention Jam!)
He said that everyone involved with running the Romanza was very very friendly.........however........he said the only thing that put a slight damper on his hols was that he thought some guests were getting preferential treatment. He said he couldn't put his finger on it but said that on a couple of occasions he returned back to Romanza and felt that he was intruding on private conversations between guests who'd obviously stayed there numerous times and the owners.
He said one day he received the 'sunbed stare' (his words not mine!!) where he kept getting glared at by a woman who obviously thought she should be laid there (he said there were other beds around!) I do agree that trying to get a petition up regarding the brekky is very petty (wish I'd have been there when asked to sign it!!!)

I've no doubt that the owners (despite being professional) will have their favourites, that's just human nature. As long as anything 'extra' is given in a way that it doesn't seem other guests are losing out then I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

I hope I dont feel like I'm treading on egg shells when I go to the Romanza and intruding on friendships that have been nurtured over years and years. If San Stef is as good as you lot have made out then I've no doubt we'll return. I probably wont go back every year as I feel the world is a big place and should be explored at every opportunity. When I was young I fell in love with Fuerteventura and visited about 8 times in 5 years. It was only when I met my wife that she 'persuaded' me to go elsewhere.....glad I did as there's so many lovely and exciting places out there waiting to be discovered.

Regards

Offline deerocker

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »
hey waspman
who's this woman who thought she should be laid on a sunbed at the Romanza....Any idea when she's going back? :P
"It's not the size of the ship; it's the size of the waves." - Little Richard

Offline deerocker

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »
Sorry....I mean GAVIAH....regarding the woman and the sunbed
"It's not the size of the ship; it's the size of the waves." - Little Richard

Offline Camlan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 11:25:58 PM »
Gavlah

Don't worry about this supposed favouritism.

We went for the first time this year and knew from this site that Yannis would be there the second week.

Suffice it to say that I didn't know who he was for 4 days and only found out because he saw me with my netbook, deduced who I was and introduced himself.

In our experience, the staff at the Romanza treat everybody the same way. You pass the time of day with them in conversation and they will respond. If you want your privacy, you will get it.

Don't worry and look forward to your holiday - you will have a fantastic time.

Great hotel and great resort. We are still missing the place.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 11:31:02 PM »
Brilliant

Cheers Camlan......it's not put us off but this customer is a really nice guy and not the type to exagerate etc. I've had some customers in the past advising me not to go or to visit certain places....I've taken one look at them and thought.....eeerrrrmmmm!!!

This guys actually decent enough which was a bit of a concern!

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 11:33:57 PM »
Hi all, new to the forum, spent some time reading various posts most of which raise a smile or two! We head back to the Romanza for our third visit in a few weeks so any posts regarding the Romanza hold a special interest. If I may add a little reflection regarding breakfasts i would say they are of a good standard, quite adequate in the heat and certainly acceptable for the overall B&B price paid. The main point I would like to make  however relates to the setting.The terrace and the sea view makes for the most wonderful backdrop to any meal and any minor shortcomings re toast etc need to be balanced against the care and interest offerred by the staff and the overall ambience of the restaurant.Its a splendid place to start the day and even better in the evening, those sunsets are the real deal and add so much to the overall eating experience. I for one cant wait to get back there and tuck in!
First post  and I hope people get where I'm coming from with this. Cheers.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni