Author Topic: Coconut fish curry  (Read 13607 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Coconut fish curry
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 09:56:41 PM »
I suppose Curries are the most argued over food!
Everyone likes a different strength or type, my Daughters fella' thinks a good curry burns it's way through the bottom of the plate!
I like medium as a max strength!
The Coconut Curry here was good when I tried it, so you speak as you find, and as previously said, if we all liked the same - life would be boring!
Shame that it didn't suit some.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 10:53:38 PM »
I usually go for the hotter mild curries. The fish one was of course coconut but there were so many subtle flavours each taking the fore. Certainly blew away kormas or passenders. Not my normal choice but it was refreshingly different. When eating out I insist on something that I don't cook at home!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 11:28:51 PM »
I do believe its a Goan fish curry and having lived in Goa ( 6months) and Kerala for several months in previous years can say it was truely very scumptous at Beachcomber.  Most curries in UK I believe are often based on an international theme of tastes not often reflective of actual areas the originals came from.  Hubbie is Greek and he truely enjoyed his food whilst in India but finds the vindalos etc in Uk a bit hot and tastless as its so hot all you can taste is chilles!!!!!

Offline stockjockey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »
As with most food, it's down to personal taste.  What some people find delicious, others don't.  Don't ever be put off trying new dishes, no matter where you are in the world. ;D

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 07:15:11 PM »
Me having to flavour the curry with lots of salt and pepper said it all.  Honestly my taste buds are not "shot" yet.  My wife tasted my curry and also thought it was bland.  She thoroughly enjoyed her perch parcel mind.  As a footnote, I cleared the lot.  My mother taught me that.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 01:41:35 AM »
Well Rod - you voted with your stomach then!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni