Author Topic: 2 Stars  (Read 8696 times)

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
2 Stars
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:10:49 PM »
2 stars by name, Not sure what I expect. We tried this restaurant last year and had the worst meal of the holiday. This year the parents kept seeing the place busy and the special board outside was what they fancied. OK we thought, benefit of the doubt and people keep recommending it we gave it another try.
I have never had such rubbish served up in front of me abroad or in the UK. I chose the fishermans plate, what came was a plate (Possibly an old fishermans!!) containing rock hard batter pieces (Apparently cod/squid and tuna steak) a big prawn that looked like it had died of some bad illness and then added to the fryer (Never seen a deep fried full prawn before!). The other 3 meals on the table were also very bland and uninteresting.
With so many superb places to eat in the village I was more gutted than anything else that we hadn't chosen somewhere different. They will not get another chance from me.

(It also didn't help that Jerry was belting out his hits to an audience of 3 next door!!!!!)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Stars
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
He's also the guy who refused to join the agreement on a minimum drinks price. Not liked in the village!

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:17:02 PM »
Can only speak as I find, but we ate in the 2 Stars several times last year and the food was very good.  Alright there may be better restaurants in the village but I always enjoyed the meals we had there.  Maybe the chef has changed

Offline Sarah

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 07:02:15 PM »
We didn't eat there this year but every evening we walked past it was packed!

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:38:37 PM »
Used 2 stars since 1986 not had a bad meal and always get good service.
Harry

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »
Have to say that we have only eaten there twice. The first time we were not very impressed and yet lots of people seemed to rate it so we tried again on the assumption that it had just been a bad night. Unfortunately the second time was no better. Although th efood was OK it was not of the same standard as other places. It's all personal preference really isn't it? We would rather pay that bit more and eat at Mythica, Olympia, Beachcomber or Ozzy Oils. I think that in general you get what you pay for wherever you go in the main.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »
We have often been in 2Stars, always had good food there, must admit we never tried the fishermans plate, (I did laugh at the description!),
Chefs are the 2 wives of the two owners, Brilliant breakfasts - average to good mains was our verdict - yes prefer Mythica etc as well!
Good value is why it's packed, funny that some places can serve up poor meals on some days, you would expect them to be consistent!
Either good or bad, that's life as they say - if we all liked the same - think how boring life would be!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »
When we first tried the 2** about 10 years ago the food was really good, I must say that the quality has dropped over the last couple of years. We will still have the odd meal in there when we go back in August as we like to spread the money around the village. The two guys in there are really friendly and we always get a bottle of wine to bring home. The problem could be that the quality of the other restaurants is oustanding and they have not kept pace with them, We normally go in now for a breakfast or a light lunch but go elsewhere for an evening meal

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni