Author Topic: Wristbands and bars  (Read 26490 times)

Offline naughty

• View Profile
Re: Wristbands and bars
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
Oh my god Gerry James..........he did our brains in!!! Who told him he can sing??? Does anyone remember him in the 60s, because thats all he kept saying...."when i was in the charts in the 60s".....the worse part was one night I wanted to go back to the room about midnight  and he was serenading me to sleep I swear, cos we were staying at the Barras I SWEAR he was at the end of my bed, he sounded sooo close!!! >:(
thanks for insulting my dad how would you like to read something insulting about your father cheers

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 07:50:59 PM »
I am sure that no-one means to be malicious or insulting. This is a friendly forum where people have a bit of banter. and share information. I am sure that Gerry has his fans and will continue to entertain them, but we don't all have the same taste in music. I would not worry too much about what people say. Hope you continue to be part of the forum. Yammas

Offline shellbell

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 02:43:38 PM »
oh nooo....here we go again.....another thread......thats going to rear off the scale!
Sorry to offend naughty....no malicious intent was intended!
It was just one of the many incidents in S.S that made the holiday a holiday to remember for all the right reasons  :). Lots of funny situations,bizarre scenarios, irritating moments,lovely lazy days and thoughts of tried it, done it, never again moments all add to the great holiday memories Ive brought back with me to the U.K  :) although maybe I would have been happier falling asleep to The Carnivals rendition of rocking in the free world lol! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 02:53:01 AM »
Likewise from me as well - I am afraid, I am also not into that kind of act, but he works the crowd well.
I am sure Jerry has worked some real tough places and clubs in his time, so this place is a piece of cake for him.
He has as many fans as not! I bet he now gets extra people curious to check him out!
I am sure he would laugh it off and say any publicity is good publicity, like all the troopers do!
Again - he's part of the holiday experience and part of San Stefanos!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!!  :)

Well we love San Stef and we love Jerry James. OK, so his act is a little cheesy and the banter is pretty much the same each night, but whenever he's on at the Sliver Star, Spiros and Tassos usually struggle to find enough seats for every one. So, he's definitely doing something right when most other live acts attract quite small audiences. If he's not your bag then you don't have to stop and listen, but more people do than walk past. Mind you it must be difficult to ignore him if you have a room at the Barras and don't like him. Maybe earplugs would be a wise choice.

We're looking forward to at least a couple of 'Jerry Nights' at the end of August, they're usually followed the next day by a substantial breakfast at the Condor to help with the head!! Hopefully we'll catch up with Jerry and some of his family again during and after the shows. They're a lovely bunch.

So, one more time: "Take me home, country road, to a place I belong......."  ;D

YANNIS26

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 09:11:07 PM »
Hi richnsare
Welcome to the forum.Delighted to see a positive posting on Jerry.I said in an earlier posting ,love him or hate him he must be doing something right.He puts bums on seats.I was starting to wonder where all his supporters were.I salute you for putting your head above the parapet.
Yammas
Yannis 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni