Author Topic: Rugby League  (Read 9765 times)

Gavlah1973

Rugby League
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:01:13 AM »
Now that the mighty Rhinos are through to the Challenge Cup Final, will one of the bars in San Stef show it?

It's on during our second Saturday

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Rugby League
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:01:44 AM »
Hi Gaviah, I am sure that Nikos in the Athens Bar will put the game on for you, but beware of the Wolves, unlike Rhinos, Wolves are dangerous and hunt in packs. Enjoy the match. Yammas

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:16:31 PM »
Condor will plumb in one of the Sky channels for you. BBC might be a problem as SS tends to sit in a bit of a blind spot for Condor's BBC signal and therefore may be a wee bit erratic.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
Yeah I think it will be on the BBC!!  >:(

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »
The match is on BBC. I have watched Challlenge Cup finals in the Athens. I am sure that Nikos will put the game on for you. Should be a great game

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:28:38 PM »
Hi Gavlah, the last time we stayed at the Romanza (08)various sports were on from time to time including Terrestrial UK channels with some Rugby to boot! We remember as there was a compromise and occassional switching of channels as one or two ladies were keen to see the final of Big Brother! Not quite authentic Greek culture me thinks but a bit of fun banter amongst the guests as all needs and wants catered for! With a little bit of luck you may not have to travel out of the bar!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 12:24:25 AM »
Cracking

It should be a great game. Rhinos have been a bit hit and miss this year but I did fancy them to win against Saints. Also dont mind Big Brother so if that's on every now and again.......bonus!

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 12:58:12 AM »
Fingers crossed you get the right result! Apart from being at the game  I cant imagine a better backdrop to watch the game from, Cracking bar, fab views, ice cold beer,friendly locals,good company, sounds like a holiday to me! You sure you not dreaming Gavlah !!

YANNIS26

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »
Hi Gav
As Sellsy says you will be able to watch the Rugby League Cup final at the Romanza.If you want to soak up the atmosphere it will probably be a lot more lively at the Athens Bar or the Condor.
The choice is yours.
 If you are into Big Brother I dread to think what your tastes are.
Have a great holiday.
Yammas
Yannis
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:09:56 PM by YANNIS26 »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29:28 AM »
Lol Yannis
I find big brother interesting as i'm a people watcher. Also being a salesman i find that sussing out a persons personality enables me to find a 'sales solution' a lot quicker than most textbook sales techniques. Big Brother makes me laugh but frustrates in equal measure. Dont worry i'm not  your stereotypical idea of a big brother watcher!
We might head into the village for a bit of atmosphere. I guess its down to the wife....she's in charge but she loves rugby league!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
Hi Gavlah,

The Thomas Bay will have the game on I am sure.  Just ask.  The Thomas Bay is actually a great venue for the sports.  Dont let the fact it's a hotel put you off.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 02:37:42 AM »
Rod is right, just ask Nikos and it'll be on - we are Rugby fans as well, Twickenham is a short drive from us, so we see a few matches there.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni