Author Topic: Beachcomber Bistro - Web link  (Read 18508 times)

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Beachcomber Bistro - Web link
« on: July 16, 2010, 01:24:20 AM »
Just found this

http://www.beachcombersbistro.com/

Hopefully it will be a taster of whats to come in a few weeks. No mention of their wonderful coconut fish dish or stroganoff but worth the visit. Just hope puddings are more than just icecream etc.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Beachcomber Bistro - Web link
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:47:09 AM »
They have a good selection of deserts as well, nice wines and great starters.
The Coconut fish curry was delicious!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »
Thanks for that Paulene - it will have to keep us going for another 6 weeks yet.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
They are also open for lunches this summer and have a special lunchtime menu which we had the delight of tasting last Sunday, it was lovely and a relaxing way to spend a Sunday lunchtime, sipping chilled wine overlooking the beach.

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
Just hope puddings are more than just icecream etc.

Well ice cream was the only choice when we were out there in June - very disappointing for a 'Bistro'!
They also need to improve their welcomes and generally looking after you during a visit there. One evening we walked by (at about 7.30) and the guy was sat near the door without his shirt on - not a nice sight if anyone's walking by thinking of paying it a visit.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 04:28:05 PM »
I merely report what I was told, that they have a lot of frozen stuff there, not fresh!! Those people did not like the place needless to say.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

zoe

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »
we had a lovely meal in there in may but only ice-cream for pud but that might have been early in the season

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »
Now if they could get the local Apple and cinnamon pie that would def keep me happy - tried it at a few places (including Olive Press) and absolutely delicious.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »
I am surprised to hear that and will check it out with Sue when we go and pass on the feelings re: dessert!
We had a nice choice last year - they won't keep pace with the Mythica if the menu goes weak!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 03:28:11 AM »
Well we have had the fortune to have the cheesecake for dessert as well as for our mains strongonoff. coconut curry and steak cooked as ordered so far this summer....... of course not forgetting the starters of pate, fresh mussels and a lill'e ole prawn cocktail........

don

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »
The food there was as always superb. Cannot comment on desserts as always too stuffed to even think of them.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 03:49:50 PM »
Yes I remember the Cheesecake as well - wonderful, that's why I found it strange that they only offered ice cream, maybe just a one off - maybe someone there can ask??

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 05:07:23 PM »
Yes I remember the Cheesecake as well - wonderful, that's why I found it strange that they only offered ice cream, maybe just a one off - maybe someone there can ask??

It wasn't a one-off, believe me Tony. We went in June and a couple of nights later, a couple we met at Fedra Mare went and there was only ice cream that eve as well.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 01:05:59 AM »
Will let them know feedback when passing this week.

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 02:58:20 AM »
If judgements have to be passed regarding different taverna. Here goes.  So many love 2 Star but we find it so below average, . Mythica we have tried each holiday since it opened but it is so overrated. Paradise is never mentioned but the food and welcome are absolutely brilliant. Beachcomber is always superb and the welcome off Sue (even though we only eat there once a holiday) and attendance after ordering is exceptional. Barras again has a great welcome and we find the food more than adequate. We found people who ate there every night. Sunset rarely gets a mention but we ate there one night and the meals were superb. Spiros and Maria's little one is to die for too ! Zorbas, we have been disappointed with before but this year was brilliant. Please mention "You've been framed" and pay them their share of the Ł250 LOL. Olympia was as always to us the best meal of all. Smoked salmon and cream cheese not obviously Greek but really tickled the taste buds.
The best overall and chosen for the overall experience had to be the Little Prince. Not so much for the food of which we couldn't complain over either quality or quantity but for the attention received from the owners Mike, Pipina and Dimitri and all the waiting staff  before, during and after the meal. They were superb in all areas of customer service.
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni