Author Topic: Margarita suites  (Read 12365 times)

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Margarita suites
« on: July 06, 2010, 04:32:29 PM »
Has anybody stayed in the Margarita suites (Where San Steph travel are moving to next year)?
I may look at coming independently next year and maybe here or the Perros (already seen these rooms and they can be highly recommended).

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Margarita suites
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »
Typical cockney. Can't be arsed to walk to the beach - wants to live on it!

joan

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 02:15:05 AM »
Has anybody stayed in the Margarita suites (Where San Steph travel are moving to next year)?
I may look at coming independently next year and maybe here or the Perros (already seen these rooms and they can be highly recommended).

Margaritas are owned by Noula's family they are on the road to the beach by the family's supermarket. If you look on SS travel website www.steftrav.gr
you will see photo's of the interior of the appts. The road is busy during the daytime as it is the entrance to the beach for drivers but generally the area is relatively quiet I don't feel it is too intrusive, we stay nearby. Local info says that the old Magnet bar opposite is a base for SS travel now.
We have gone independently for many years which means you can please yourself as regards apparts,flight times etc and organise taxis through SS trav. We have stayed in various apparts around the resort all organised by SS trav and all have been really good. Sorry can't comment on Perros although some people I have met have recomended it.They are are on the internet just google Perros San Stefanos Avliotes Corfu.
Good luck

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 01:59:28 AM »
We went and looked them over 4 years ago, really nicely fitted out in bright colours then.
Quality place to stay, above average price.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline coolmum101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:59:31 AM »
We have just come back from two fantastic weeks at the Margarita Suites.  We’ve stayed in many places in San Stefanos but this was definitely the best!

Noula has done a fantastic job.  We stayed upstairs in one of the 1-bedroom apartments.  Really well kitted-out albeit a bit colourful!  Free air-conditioning (we really needed this the last week) and free internet (kept the teenager happy!)  Bed was very comfortable and teenage daughter slept on the bed-settee and said she was comfy!

Bins were emptied daily, apartment cleaned and towels changed every 2-3 days, bedsheets changed every 4-5 days.

Noula showed us around the downstairs apartments and they too are colourful, well equipped and very modern.  She told me she is planning a Jacuzzi for the garden next year and a communal barbecue.

It was lovely being so close to the beach, on a night we walked barefoot down to the beach with coffees and brandies and watched the stars – bliss! :)

LILOLIL

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 03:00:21 PM »
I hope to be staying here next June.
Were the Mozzies a problem being near the stream.
Did you find it private enough,looking to stay downstairs.
Taken into account AC including in the price How much?

Your help is appreciated.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 01:16:02 AM »
Prices on Noula's San Stefanos Travel website.
and thanks coolmum101 for the great info!

Offline coolmum101

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 11:14:51 AM »
Didn't notice any more mozzies than usual. There are mozzie screens on the balcony doors and a mozzie net on the bed.

Forgot to mention before, Noula has also built 2 shower rooms and a lounge downstairs so if you can't keep your room on departure day, you can still get rid of the last of the sand before you go!

LILOLIL

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »
Thanks for your help,when you take into account free AC and a departure room,plus something nice it isnt too bad a price thankyou.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 06:33:00 AM »
I think you have to be quite "Savvy" these days, extra's like A/C are worth €35 per week, or free transfers are worth up to €110 return,
for a Taxi, so compare prices and then minus any free extra's!
Sometimes the dearer one is a better deal!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni