Author Topic: Where to Stay??  (Read 34008 times)

Offline Chocs

• View Profile
Where to Stay??
« on: July 05, 2010, 04:33:42 PM »
Hi to all, from a newbie 

So glad I found this forum......Wanting to book a fornight in September in San Stefanos (self catering).  Only been to Corfu once years ago, we're big fans of Crete but would like a change and SS looks just the sort of place for us.  The only decision now is where.....  Have narrowed down to Tereza, Little Prince or Olga.  I appreciate everyone has their favourite, ideally it would be a decent sized room near to tavernas and beach, reasonable pool for actual swimming in, without any bar noise... I know, some people just want it all!  Would be very grateful for anyone's opinion on where to choose, prices all much of a muchness.

Many thanks and REALLY looking forward to the holiday. 

Chocs
(Edinburgh)

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Where to Stay??
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 06:06:33 PM »
Hi if you google this web site you can click on a map and it will show you were all the accomodation is located.
San Stefano Live Webcam Corfu Greece
Regards Harry

Offline leemac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:42:37 PM »
Hi to all, from a newbie 

So glad I found this forum......Wanting to book a fornight in September in San Stefanos (self catering).  Only been to Corfu once years ago, we're big fans of Crete but would like a change and SS looks just the sort of place for us.  The only decision now is where.....  Have narrowed down to Tereza, Little Prince or Olga.  I appreciate everyone has their favourite, ideally it would be a decent sized room near to tavernas and beach, reasonable pool for actual swimming in, without any bar noise... I know, some people just want it all!  Would be very grateful for anyone's opinion on where to choose, prices all much of a muchness.

Many thanks and REALLY looking forward to the holiday. 

Chocs
(Edinburgh)

Hi Chocs

Can I throw the Perros Hotel into the mix?

We visited for the first time last year and had such a great time, we have booked again for August this year. 

Looking at your requirements it seems to tick most boxes.  Although it is a little further from the town centre than others you mention, the beach and tavernas are within a 5-8min walk.

Check out their website for more details.

Enjoy!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 01:26:02 AM »
Of the 3 you mention Teresa is up the hill with great views of the sunset. Olga is further down the hill  and Little Prince on the flat. As you say we all have our favourites and ours is Teresa and have been going for number of years. All have nice pool areas.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Chocs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:32:36 AM »
Many thanks to all for replies. Unfortunately Perros not on the 'available' list, must be all booked up!  Better get moving and get it sorted. All replies much appreciated.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 09:57:17 AM »
HI Chocs. I think Perros are available independently and not with Thomsons.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »
Sitting as I am right now in Little Prince, I can say that the rooms are very big, with high ceilings, and very airy.

With the temperature at 35 today, not having to climb hills is a major advantage. If the wind kicks up, the pool is pleasantly sheltered.

Unusually, there's hardly any wind - maximum predicted this week 4mph.

Offline purpletigger

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:59:44 AM »
Little Prince our favourite - had great time there a few weeks ago. So sorry to leave :'( Already booked to go back June next year. 

Just love San Stefanos....... :)

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
Have stayed at the Little Prince three times now and can really recommend them. Central location in the village, very clean airy rooms, nice pool set above the bar and away from the road, good taverna downstairs and perhaps most importantly, you'll be well looked after by Dimitri, Pippina and Mike.

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
Stayed at the Kapitanios last year.....Ab Fab!! it's up the 'Hill' I know! but in my opinion worth the effort, spotless appartments, lovely pool, plenty beds and parasols, great Bar with good food served all day until 10-11.00pm, and very friendly staff, so why am i going to Arillas this year?!!!!!  ???

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 02:07:50 AM »
Because you  wanted somewhere that only has 6ft of beach!! LOL

All the Apts you mentioned are good, I would choose Little Prince for location,
all the vendors are lovely, but it's personal choice. Similar facilities as well.
You will get a little music from all those pool bars, but Little Prince is background only.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 03:22:44 PM »
Hi Chocs

We will be going to Olgas for the 3rd time on 19/7. Family run apts, rooms are basic but kept v. clean. Pool (about 20m long x 10m across) is excellent with quiet bar run by the family's daughter Aristoula who supplies the lazy, hazy music that drifts quietly over as you nod off in the sun. (Also has the bonus of the grape vines next door which provide a sneaky snack).

Only popped into Teresas for a beer but again pool area looks great which has a fantastic view over the cliffs to the sea.

Little Prince has one of the busier restaurants in the village and again only heard good reports about it.

All are within minutes of the beach.

Hope this helps

Loftyscot (Fife)

Offline Chocs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 03:43:45 PM »
Hello, and thanks again to everyone.

After much agonising we've gone for the Teresa on the grounds of the view, I LOVE a really good view.  By the time got round to actually booking there were only the bigger apartments left which I gather are on the top floor and have splendid new balconies, so didn't mind (much) the extra cash.  Loooking forward very much to experiencing the delights of the area, and will certainly write reviews, but that's a long way away yet.  Understand England is experiencing a heatwave today, as usual we are chittering in the cold rain here, so a wee look at the webcam is nice to keep a body going!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 06:51:46 PM »
Very grateful  to be low in the village on Thursday when the wind was so strong it ripped fags and whipped the water out of the "posh" places up the hill. Little Prince was nicely sheltered, although a bit crowded with refugees!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 07:35:38 PM »
Good choice Chocs - views are brilliant from Teresa. We usually stay on the first floor as we only need the one room so with the new balcony on the 2nd floor apartments it should give you an even better view.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni