Author Topic: Trip Advisor  (Read 9019 times)

Gavlah1973

Trip Advisor
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:50:40 AM »
Given the fact that a lot of people on here are regulars to San Stefanos and many of it's apartments and eateries.......do you bother to put a review of your hols on Trip Advisor.

I've found many of the reports on there very useful throughout the years, and found it vital when deciding where to stay, it would be a shame if all of your knowledge isnt shared on there!!  ;D

don

don

Re: Trip Advisor
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »
Can you provide a link to your reviews Gavlah1973?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 11:41:16 PM »
I have done a few reviews as well, Trip Advisor  etc, as you know Don!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

don

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 12:11:17 AM »
Cheers.... Always pop a review on TO's pages if we book through them. Come to think of it we review most places we visit. Always better reading than brochures.

don

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 12:16:43 AM »
I take it you like Benalmadena ? My parents go there most years and spend their evenings in "Bar Carlos" on the Torremolinos side of 24h square. Been once and stopped at the Balmoral. Enjoyed but it was winter season.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:42:07 AM »
To be honest Don until I met my wife 5 years ago I'd no intention of wanting to go to mainland Spain as I much preferred the Canary and Greek islands.

However her sister and hubby moved out to Spain around 3 years ago. They live around an hour inland from the coast in a small village near a town called Loja. There's virtually no tourism, 2 little bars, a bakery and an olive factory. There's probably around 6 - 7 other English couples and that's it apart from the locals of course. They have a lovely 3 bed villa with a nice garden and a pool so it's great to go out there from Leeds on a cheapo Jet 2, have a week with them and then have a week on the coast. The locals are amazing.

The first night I ever went out in the village I wore a Barcelona shirt. The main bar in the village is actually a Real Madrid supporters club branch!!! In I walked and they all started hissing!! One bloke tried to set fire to my shirt and another started flicking water at the wife!!

We had a great holiday last year. We spent a week with our best friends in a small village called Frigiliana (about 4 miles up in the hills behind Nerja), 3 days with the sis & bruv in law and then 4 nights in Benalmadena!!

Benalmadena probably wont appeal to most in high season. There's quite a lively 'music square' and a McDonalds etc. However it has a great beach, some lovely places to eat and if you want bars to watch the football etc then you're sorted. You can also find quiet spots away from it all. Paloma Park is a nice place to walk round and have a look at the wildlife.

I had one of those 'I cant believe this moments' when I was there the first time. I got talking to a bloke in his 60's in a bar (I'm 36). It was obvious from his accent he was from up near Leeds. Turns out he was the ex Lord Mayor of Leeds. We talked further and it transpired that he went to the same primary school as me. His mother was still alive and he then told me where she lived.......in the flat under my Mum!!!!! The bar maid had been listening to this conversation and said she was spooked!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 01:21:58 PM »
By the way. When they first moved to Spain, they started sending emails back to England written in a diary style, telling us all about events out there. Their moved also co-incided with their two daughters (who, believe me, are the two most unstreetwise twenty somethings you could meet!) going on a round the world trip!!

The brother in law decided to turn his email's into a book

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/fiestas-siestas.aspx

Very funny and moving story

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 01:38:57 AM »
You said the Locals were great and they tried to burn your shirt!! LOL
Funny story!! What happened in the end??

Gavlah1973

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
It was all in good jest mate. They also got me round the neck and tried to strangle me up against the bar!!

I've just been thinking of how to describe them in a fair way. They're very backwards when it comes to comedy, by that I mean they've not really seen any on their telly!! The brother in law does some very corny magic tricks and when he did them at the first village annual Fiesta they attended he was voted 'Best Entertainment' and they presented him with a special polo shirt for his endeavours.

Anyway.....

When I first went I took along some practical jokes, the kind that we'd just groan at. Things like blue mouth sweets and a fake dog turd. You have never seen people laugh so much. It was like a group of 6 year olds.

On my last visit I took some of those capsules that you can set fire to and they give off thick smoke for a couple of minutes. The idea was to light them under a car outside the bar in the village. The bruv in laws main Spanish partner in crime didn't quite understand (or something got lost in translation) and he threw them through the open window of the car!!!! Christ talk about panic. Half the bar were running round thinking an explosion was about to happen and the other half were rolling round on the floor in fits of laughter!!

Great people who really appreciate people taking an interest in them.

Now where's my fart machine for the end of August??!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 12:50:57 AM »
Nice one!! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni