Author Topic: mythica  (Read 64594 times)

Offline Canary

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: mythica
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »
We got back from 2 blissfull weeks in San Stef last friday, we ate for 10 of the 14 nights at Mythica and couldn't fault it. Food is wonderful and service the same, particularly Jenny who is an angel.

Most nights we were there Jenny had to turn people away as they were fully booked... I wish I could make a lamb kleftico to match theirs !

By the way, the other 4 nights we had a 'picnic' on a our balcony taking in the stunning sunset over the islands....now sitting at home watching the puddles form in the garden.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2010, 12:30:52 AM »
Dear Waspman

A poor response on a forum noted for the respect normally shown to fellow members opinions in comparison to other similar sites.

I do appreciate good Greek food and if you read my post carefully I said "the food is ok but is a bit dull compared to the other restaurants on offer". Merely offering my opinion to give a balance.

The lady Jenny is one of the politest ladies you could hope to meet, but unfortunately the restaurant doesn't do it for my family.

As for the "haggis" comment, I'm only glad my user name didn't reference another country - I dread to think what wit you would demonstrate then.

No doubt I'll be yellow carded by Administrator but please tone it down a touch.

Kind regards

don

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »
Have to agree with you Loftyscot. This is the last place I expected to see racist abuse. I hope it's the last too.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 09:17:25 PM »
We all know we have our own favourites and Opinions!
I love the Mythica - but Lofty's comments are more than fine with me - he just didn't like it there - no problem!
After all, if everyone only ate fillet Steak at one place - how boring would life be!

Don - not sure you can count a Haggis as racist abuse - I have had it several times! LOL!!!
However - although maybe, I would not have put it that way, I suspect it was merely said in Jest, rather than to be nasty!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
For Gill and I its as much about the atmosphere as the food.

We can go to a fine restaurant and have great food anywhere in the UK, but we cant spend hours in a restaurant, enjoying the music, chatting to the friendly owner here, you only get that in San Steph!

IMO thats where the Mythica falls down, it lacks atmosphere, the food is O.K. but when we went our meal was over within 90 minutes and there was nothing going on for you to want to linger. Compare that with the Litle Prince or Zorbas where after a good meal the lights go down and the dancing starts, yes its touristy but we love it and before long we are staggering out at midnight having had a great evening.

The Mythica would be fine in Eastbourne or Skegness but while in SS I want something different.

Andy

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2010, 02:46:41 AM »
I think it depends what you're feeling like. It is quite nice to have a peaceful evening with some nice food, and then may have a Metaxa in a bar. I do get a little bored with the dancing and barbecue lighter after a while. Unlike my experience of Sidari, where the food was awful apart from Chinese (which I can get 2 minute's walk from here) or Indian (1 minute's walk), San Steph has some very nice places to eat with a variety of ambiances.

There seems to be a view that you get lots of authentic Greek food in SS. I happen to think this is not *quite* true - it's pretty much tailored to the tourist trade. If you want the real village cooking you have to go to mountain villages or maybe Gavdos. Seen any goat in SS? Seen a real 4 hour meze?

There is variety, and they all care. Moussaka here, fish curry there, pork medallions in Mythica, bream out of the sea in Yannis' - it's all part of the way SS operates. I think this variety helps, and is part of the reason people go back. It's not the cultural capital of the world - it hasn't got Hellenic or Byzantine ruins - but what it has is friendly people trying to carve out their distinctive food niche. Good luck to them!     

Gavlah1973

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2010, 03:01:08 AM »
Just got back in after a night out including Mythica. All i can say it was ok! Had peppered steak and Pam had stuffed chicken. She said it was no better or worse than something id cook! I know loads like it and Sellsy loved it whilst he was here but to me just ok considering it cost 40€ for the two of us.
Also thought the service was ok, nothing spectacular

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2010, 02:43:17 PM »
I think it depends what you're feeling like. It is quite nice to have a peaceful evening with some nice food, and then may have a Metaxa in a bar. I do get a little bored with the dancing and barbecue lighter after a while. Unlike my experience of Sidari, where the food was awful apart from Chinese (which I can get 2 minute's walk from here) or Indian (1 minute's walk), San Steph has some very nice places to eat with a variety of ambiances.

There seems to be a view that you get lots of authentic Greek food in SS. I happen to think this is not *quite* true - it's pretty much tailored to the tourist trade. If you want the real village cooking you have to go to mountain villages or maybe Gavdos. Seen any goat in SS? Seen a real 4 hour meze?

There is variety, and they all care. Moussaka here, fish curry there, pork medallions in Mythica, bream out of the sea in Yannis' - it's all part of the way SS operates. I think this variety helps, and is part of the reason people go back. It's not the cultural capital of the world - it hasn't got Hellenic or Byzantine ruins - but what it has is friendly people trying to carve out their distinctive food niche. Good luck to them!     

Fair comment Jimo but you will be clapping along to the dancing with the rest of us in the Little Prince come late September ;)

Andy

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2010, 03:50:38 PM »
Gillywoo - your are right! As we're staying there, we have to in any case,

We will also be doing the same thing in Zorba's whilst my dearest and plenty of other women (maybe even some blokes!) ogle O Vasilis' bum. I will avert my eyes and concentrate on the lamb with apricot, which will be about four times as much as I can eat. Then the guys with the accordion will come around and I'll have to avert my eyes even further, by which time my head will be so far around to the back I'll look like a clip from The Exorcist. (Note to Don and Tony: don't bother saying I already do!)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 07:47:07 PM »
I really can imagine Jimbo's head rotating as bums wiggle by - sorry mate - that's a dead give-away!! LOL

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »
Just back from SS, had a smashing meal in Mythica, smart table,attentive service etc. Have to say however that the overall dining experience, due to the extra interest shown in our wellbeing and enjoyment, was found at Ozzie Oils. In our opinion the food is on a par, if not better, at Ozzies and the setting is far more interesting with nooks and crannies dotted around the garden setting.Have to say however, Mythica was often turning people away as all covers were booked solid on some nights.Most people we chatted to really rate the food there if not the atmosphere.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »
This time for us the food was as good as normal but the service was a little slower than we have experienced in the past. Still we will go again because we love the food so much. You can always move on after a meal to get any atmosphere you like at any of the SS bars.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2010, 03:27:00 AM »
We had our usual high quality meal at the Mythica, nice menu. Greek or international - we went for international after a week of Greek food,
Brilliant - but as I keep saying, the food in all of San Stefanos has always been to a high standard, especially, compared to some places!

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
For those of you who know her, I am reliably informed the Jenny will not be in the Mythica this year as she apparently has a job in the UK.

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 09:35:55 PM »
But the lovely Aris (ex Nafsika) is working in the evening now and it was lovely to catch up with him last week!!
Look forward to seeing all again in August!
Yum

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni