Author Topic: transfers  (Read 54657 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: transfers
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 10:12:51 AM »
Transfer back to airport was fine on Friday. One stop in Arrilas and straight there. We arrived two minutes before the check-in opened. Can't complain.

Offline al73

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »
had a fab time in s.s.

arrived on 12th july. the transfer was 1 hour only, the coach was half full.

departed on 19th july and the transfer was 2 hours to the airport.

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »
Ours were fine going 1hr 20 coming back 2hr 15 mins not so good, we spoke to someone picked up from Sidari and theirs was 3hrs 10 mins, Another story was the week before we arrived some had a 3hr 30 and went through Sidari 4 times oops

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 08:20:18 PM »
Pauline - are you flying Easyjet from BTL? If so, the flight times were changed back in February. The Monday flight doesn't leave BTL until 17:50 - we booked for this Monday coming (7 June) back in late Sept last year and it was a 6 o'clock in morning flight then - no longer though....sadly.

Thought i'd better let u know, so you can re-arrange your minibus transfer.

Hi Bristle Boy - no, we are flying out of Bristol at 7am on Thomas Cook flight - gets into Corfu just after midday 2nd August - will be emailing Dmitri (Fedra Mare) flight details later today and ask whether it's a minibus or taxi - last couple of years it's been a minibus - so if there is anyone out there on same flight then let me know - we can always share up to SS

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010, 05:03:21 PM »
I reported previously on this site about our nightmare transfer with Thomsons.  Took 3 hours from airport to resort.  Driver appeared lost and spent a lot of time on phone too!  When we eventually reached San Stefanos we got off coach and walked last few hundred yards! Complained to Thomson rep who was actively collecting complaints re transfers, in the hope of improving service.  This was on 18th June, so looks like they still have problems.  We boarded our coach to the airport at 7.50 and after a magical mystery tour, ended up  back about 100 yards from our pick up at 9 am!!  Another 3 hour journey back to airport.  I would encourage any Thomson travellers to make a complaint to Rep if you have same problems.  They are using a different bus company this year, obviously a bad choice for all of us!!  Happy hols!! ;)

Karen

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:29 AM »
I don't care so much on the way in - but if I suspect problems going to the Airport - I may get a Taxi!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »
Transfers were fine on June 25 and July 16. No complaints.

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 12:43:41 PM »

Our transfer back to the airport was a nightmare, bus picked us up and then PASSED the Romanza AGAIN about 90 mins later, the driver got lost (or redirected) then the coach broke down near Sidari and we had to get a replacement coach which got us to the airport about 8-40, just in time for those passengers on a Manchester flight @ 9-00pm  :o
San Stefanos - here we come Summer 2010

Offline lisak123

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2010, 11:22:30 AM »
hi everyone,well we fly out next monday,arriving at 23.10,i opted to try and look for my own transfer to ss,after a long surch i suprisingly found a return transfer for 2 people for 46.01,very cheap and very sceptical about where we are gonna actually end up,ha ha.never mind i will let everyone know how the transfers faired with everyone elses when i get back

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »
Hi Lisa - that is cheap - who was it with?? Hopefully u won't end up at the other Agios Stefanos on the east side of the island !!! 8) - We are also arriving Monday 2nd but get into SS early afternoon and have arranged transfer direct with Apartment owner

Gavlah1973

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2010, 12:06:06 PM »
hi everyone,well we fly out next monday,arriving at 23.10,i opted to try and look for my own transfer to ss,after a long surch i suprisingly found a return transfer for 2 people for 46.01,very cheap and very sceptical about where we are gonna actually end up,ha ha.never mind i will let everyone know how the transfers faired with everyone elses when i get back

Lisa, i'm only being charged 6 euros more by noula at san stef travel for a taxi to the Romanza from the airport.

Great price and great communication from Noula

Offline lisak123

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »
hi gavlah and paulene, gav i think you will find that your price is only 1 way ours is to the hotel and back to the airport but like paulene says i hope we dont end up at the other agios stefanos lol and paulene its with holiday taxis.com.am sure wherever we end up it will be an experience  8)

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2010, 03:52:52 PM »
Yeah, sounds like Gavs is def only one way - be interesting to see where u end up - see u around hopefully xx 8)

Gavlah1973

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
mine is only one way but i'm planning on getting a taxi back to the airport but then doing a runner!

Offline Paulene Dean

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2010, 05:52:54 PM »
 ;D Checked out the website and it looks like it is the right San Stefanos (listed as Agios Stefanos) and if u do a search for taxi to Arillas the transfer time is about the some but only very slightly cheaper - there are 4 of us and the quote is coming out at £146 return which is alot more than we are going to pay. But if there are only 2 of u then not a bad deal at all

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni