Author Topic: transfers  (Read 54658 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: transfers
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 08:51:39 PM »
We've tried it all - taxi can't be beaten -- except by price!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Cockney in Hull

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »
We arrived on Friday, The transfer in was via Sidari (only 1 stop). We waited at the harbour in Corfu town for 15 mins as somebody had been left behind at the airport and the rep couldn't work out if she had to return and pick them up or not!
We didn't and the transfer was approx 1hr 30.

Offline al73

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
we go on the 12th, i hope our transfer is that quick.
it will be our 1st time there, cant wait.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 01:02:04 AM »
Always carry a small water, usually OK - you will love it there!

YANNIS26

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »
My recent transfer from the Romanza to the airport was beyond belief.The coach a very large luxurious affair started out from the Voula and picked up at the Romanza at 0820.It then continued to pick up all over San Stefanos all the time having great difficulty making the corners.The best was the reverse from the Rose Garden and the 10 point turn at the tennis courts.We then went to Arillas and had major problems negotiating through the village and accessing the hotels.The driver constantly stopping and calling someone in a very irate manner.My thought was how is he going to get this bus across country and back to the airport.I soon got my answer he wasn't.We then got to the top of the hill above Arillas and turned left back to San Stefanos.Turned right at Tasty corner and back up the hill passing the Romanza at 0920.So there I was 1hr on the bus and back where we started.We then travelled through Avilotes and Sidari and used the better roads.Thankfully no more pickups.It was obvious to anyone with half a brain not a lot of thought had gone into the schedule.
1 The bus was too large for the narrow roads and bends.
2 If they had to use this bus why didn't they make the first pickups Arillas that would have given me an extra hour to get my full english.
Whoever planned this was an idiot and from the drivers irate phone calls I am sure it wasn't him.
Yammas
Yannis

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:15:41 PM by YANNIS26 »

joan

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2010, 01:35:31 PM »
Does anyone remember the double decker bus that Thomson had.  ::) That was super scary especially coming through the very tight turn at Agros and then through the villages towards Arillas and then onto SS. At this time the roads hadn't been widened so it was a real seat gripper. Needless to say it only lasted about two seasons.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »
Sounds like you had an identical experience as us Yiannis, we left The Romanza at 8.15am and were back in San Stefanos again at 9.15am, the driver had forgotten a "pick up" at The Rose Gardens.  He was constantly stopping to get directions from fellow Greeks and using his mobile, probably for the same reason.

Over 2 hours travelling to the airport, Thomsons should get a grip on this.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »
There's a couple of roadside cottages approaching Avliotes (To SS), a high lorry running in front of our coach, caught the electric supply cable across the road, and pulled it down about 15 years ago, it was sparking and arching all over the road. 2 hour delay.
They must have made it higher for the Double decker to pass under!!
Crazy pick-up routine this year!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »
I hope ours isn't like that as I will be travel sick. Its bad enough as it is on a normal transfer
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »
The fun of Corfu!!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 06:47:47 PM »
Personal taxi is out little luxury - 100 euros return last month to SS and back to airport - we always have a personal taxi on The Algarve as well. Costs, but helps get the holiday off to a great start.

Offline afroditi

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »
We left San Stef at 11.15 on 9th July. Travelled to the far outskirts of Arillas where the coach stopped at an hotel to pick up passengers. No passengers!! After a few irate phone calls the driver realised he should have gone to SIDARI!!! So, back to San Stef by 12.15 Then on to Sidari. The driver was constantly on his phone getting directions and driving very irratically. By the time we reached Sidari I was green and didn't know how I would make it to the airport. In Sidari a rep boarded the coach and gave the driver directions to the numerous hotel pick ups. She then left the coach as we left Sidari. We arrived at the airport after a 2hour 30 min nightmare journey!!!!! I have complained to Thomson on numerous occasions about the transfers but to no avail. Last year the rep said the transfers were going to get better!! Definitley not. Despite the cost its a taxi for us in future.  :( >:( :'( By Comparison we can fly from England to Corfu in 3 hours!!!!

don

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 10:53:06 PM »
So you 've landed. You've survived the baggage hall. You've got your case and found your coach. How long before the coach leaves the airport?
Last year we stayed at Stamatis apartments. We flew out ewith friends who were on a Thomson's package and arrived in SS a good 30 minutes before they left the airport surrounds.
Will never use a coach again.

LILOLIL

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 11:04:58 PM »
My relative has just come back, they arrived at the airport, and had to wait on their bus for the manchester flight to come in before they could go.An hour or so later.Not sure if this is true but heard the drivers are from athens and not from corfu itself and that is why they dont know where they are going.No more buses for me or my relatives.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 02:13:02 AM »
I think we need a few more reports on these transfers - just to see if it's a glitch - or going to be very worrying!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni