Author Topic: Vicky Apts and Delfino Blu  (Read 30538 times)

joan

Re: Vicky Apts and Delfino Blu
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 10:20:32 AM »
We always use the safety boxes in SS travel I think it cost 14€ for the fortnight for non guests, if you have booked accomodation with Noula it used to be free.
I wouldn't take a chance leaving valuables in the appartment better safe than sorry. :)

RE safety deposit boxes...... Don't take a chance SS is usally secure but just a word of warning my son is staying in Ibiza I know it's not a comparison to SS but he has had his room burgled allsorts have gone missing including his suitcase some cash etc, they used a duplicate key to get into the room. We have spent hours on the phone sorting out the mess not to mention putting a damper on his holiday.
You can't account for others behaviour.

don

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »
We always use Kappa travel opposite Athens Bar. Free too !

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 12:42:35 AM »
All it takes is one chancer to rob you and your holiday would be totally spoiled. We never take the risk  - even on arrival one of the first things we do is get a safety deposit box
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:22:51 AM by JULES T »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »
All it takes is one chancer to rob you and your holiday would be totally spoiled. We nver tkae the risk  - even on arrival one of the first things we do is get a safety deposit box

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 03:23:38 AM »

Sorry  - have corrected it lol!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 12:51:29 PM »
Hi all,

My wife and I got back from San Stef on Friday and we had an excellent holiday.  We stayed at the Vicky Apartments (see below).  To summarise;

Favourite tavernas (for taste) - Olympia, Ozzie Oils, Sunset, 2 Stars.

Favourite taverna (atmosphere) - Little Prince (by a mile).

Overated - Nafsika.

Best Pub - Bar 38, Aquarius and surprisingly we had great nights in the Thomas Bay and Barras.

Weather - Fantastic.  Very windy for two days.

Best 20 euros spent - Hired a quad and visited many other resorts we otherwise would not have seen.

Also have to mention the Gravia for lunches and stunning scenery.  There is now also a very smart and chique bar/snack place on the cliff side called Akrotiri.

Vick Apartments - The good thing about these apartments is the location.  Great views overlooking the sea.  The pool is fantastic and the snack bar has quite a good atmosphere to it.  Unfortunately we were in the old block and quite frankly they are awful.  Totally outdated and the bathroom (about 5 feet x 4 feet) is dreadful and in darkness.  We did not complain or let in spoil our holiday unlike a lot of other guests but it was difficult not to sympathise.  If they charged different prices to the new block, I think it may help alleviate the problem.  Sorry to end on a "downer" but it is fact.

We love San Stef but would not stay at these apartments again.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 12:37:41 AM »
Hi Rod - good info - I thought all the Apts had been updated - glad you still had an OK time!
Good advice for future bookings - insist on the newer block!!
Also glad you mentioned 2 Stars, most under-rated restaurant in the resort - good prices and great food!
Nice to see the Thomas Bay was a surprise hit as well!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 01:18:21 AM »
Tony,

Thanks for the wrist bands by the way.  Glen gave me and the wife one each whilst we were there.  Then when we got home back in England there were two more delivered by post by your good self.  I now feel so guilty cause I did'nt even leave a drink for you behind the bar.  I meant to but got caught up with other things in the resort, what with the world cup being on.  We love our football.  Is there any way I can make up?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 01:36:00 AM »
Don't be so daft! - It was a pleasure and my tiny contribution to all you people on the site, hope they worked well!
Drinks not necessary! (Free Holiday - now you're talking - LOL).
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
For info Vicky apartments has only 6 studios and 2, 2 bedroom apartments in the new block whilst I believe 16 studios in the older block.  Some of the balcony views are requested in the older block by returning guests as they are larger especially on the top floor rooms left and right corners.  All rooms have same facilities, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, a/c payable locally and the tour operator does not charge a supplement for the new block or sea views.  So whilst it would be wonderful for everyone who wanted the new block to have their request this will always depend on previous weeks occupancy.  I do know the owner would like to refurbish the older block but it does look in the present economic situation very unlikely, but no doubt if he can he will. The Vicky is quoted as a 2plus self catering and for the facilities and location I believe it is graded correctly whether you are in the newer or older block.  Other facilities there include a pool with a breathtaking views, one of the best locations in San Stefanos and pool bar, including a reception area and internet facilities. My family have just returned from Vicky they stayed in the older block and found it functional and clean and ticked all the right boxes. So in summary of course you can always put in requests but these cannot be guaranteed unless they are charged. (some hotels charge a supplemt for sea view, side sea view, upgraded rooms etc), so should the tour operator then charge a supplement for their 6 studios?  However if you book the 2 bedroom then yes you would be in the new block as this is where the 2 bedrooms are situated.  And of course if the owner does refurbish the older block than the new block will be the old and the old block the newer block!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni