Author Topic: Beechcomber/waves  (Read 42035 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Beechcomber/waves
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
Double Dee -

I think you're being a little bit harsh, here. Tony, and many others, provide huge amounts of experience and information garnered over many years.

The forum doesn't just give out information - it's a kind of SS simulator. It's relaxed. It's often funny. I've learned a lot since I joined. Yes - there is "noise", but that's part of the fun. This is a welcome free service and free exchange. I'm looking forward to meeting many people who pop up on here.

Relax. That's what it's all about. If it's not for you, just Google the info you need.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
Double Dee,

Chill out for goodness sake!  This forum is excellent and very informative.  Nothing wrong with a bit of banter.

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 08:46:35 PM »
People like Tony and Don keep me going through the winter months.
And same as me have lots of people in san stef who no them and the bantter keeps us all interested'
and all the san stef people and visiters enjoy it keep it up Tony and Don.

LILOLIL

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 09:05:35 PM »
Save  DONTON :D :D :-* :-* ;D

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 09:12:56 PM »
Double Dee,
Tony has provided me with lots of useful information including a link for some brilliant old photo's of SS which I really enjoyed looking at. He is a genuine guy and a very helpful one too.
I think that you are being very harsh towards him and others who seek to brighten each day, they have certainly cheered me up. What is wrong with a little humour afterall it is an holiday forum, a place to be cheerful and happy whilst waiting for your holiday.
Hopefully you will chill when on holiday. When are you going?

Gavlah1973

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
Hear Hear

Both Tony and Yannis have been a mine of information. I booked my holiday before I even found this site but it's filled in a few gaps about the Romanza and the restaurants that I'll be enjoying during my visits

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 10:22:45 PM »
Gavlah, yes it is a great place to find out things that you need to know before you go.
My first visit to SS was 2008 at Athina Hotel, always said we would never visit a resort more than once but SS changed our opinion on that so we are going again this year staying at Tsaros apartments. When are you going and where are you staying?

Gavlah1973

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »
We go on 20th August to the Romanza. It does seem a weird place in the respect that it's a fairly small resort but that many people return year after year!!

To be honest we love Greece full stop. We had our honeymoon in Skala, Kefalonia 2 years ago and that's a place that we'll deffo return to. From the picture people have painted of San Stef, I think the two will be very similar.
I'm drooling thinking about all that lovely food already  :P

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »
Snap, we go on the 20th of August too. People do seem to return to SS year after year so it just shows how special it is, I can honestly say that we have never been anywhere else where the locals are so friendly and helpful.
In 2008 we were half board at Athina and we said back then if we ever returned then we would go self catering due to all the wonderful restaurants you can enjoy visiting.
last time we hired a quad bike and went all the way to Roda/Kassioppi then back to SS where we carried on to Pagi and Aghios Georgios, good fun through the olive groves.

This time we are thinking about hiring a boat, can't wait to go.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:25:26 PM by lilly »

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2010, 11:41:16 PM »
Double Dee,If you don't like the banter given out on this site you could try the Agni site as that does tend to be more serious.I agree with all the other replies to your post and I have enjoyed this forum for the last three years both for the info given and the general light heartedness. Chill out and think of a glass of Mythos.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2010, 12:25:14 AM »
Totally agree to what has been said. Tony has been going to SS for more years than most of can remember and does input a huge amount of info that most people find very useful. My hubby and I are looking forward to meeting Tony and Linda in September to share lots more banter and for good conversation as well. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2010, 01:11:18 AM »
Just read this and thanks very much all of you! Appreciated.

DoubleDee - your posting has a familiar edge to it, but I have no axe to grind with you and respect your opinion which you are entitled to have.
But if you want some serious information just ask - it's that easy - that's how this forum works!
- more than one of us will give you the answer you need, and with real pleasure.
As for the forum we make new & great friendships with the banter, however we can take a vote on it - just start one - that's democracy in action.

Not all Forums are designed just for argument!
That's my thought,
Yammas and have a good Summer
Regards
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Double Dee

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »
Apologies, was having a bad day.
I understand from reading previous posts that you are all friends and meet up in SS. I know the banter is light hearted and fun, but I was just getting frustrated reading through all the posts.

YANNIS26

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 11:50:27 AM »
Apologies, was having a bad day.
I understand from reading previous posts that you are all friends and meet up in SS. I know the banter is light hearted and fun, but I was just getting frustrated reading through all the posts.
Hi Double Dee
Apologies accepted and welcome to the forum.Please ask any questions you like and one of us will do our best to get you the answer.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »
That's right chill out  8) we have always said that when you visit San Stef you are immediately relaxed whereas some resorts take you a while to settle in. That's exactly the atmosphere we want to achieve on the forum.

We have thought about stopping this forum many times following various hacks and spam attacks however, the friendly nature of the members and the friendships that have been made as a result of it has kept us going. Yes, the continual banter can be a pain but it forges friendships that's why we created the Yammas Bar so long may it continue.

Yammas
Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni