Author Topic: tsaros apartments  (Read 22286 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
tsaros apartments
« on: May 23, 2010, 05:06:21 PM »
Hi all,
Long time no see if anyone remembers me from 2008 when I last posted on the forum.
Did'nt get to go to SS last year or anywhere else for that matter, problem after problem but that is life I suppose.
Anyway, thinking of booking Tsaros and I realise it is up an hill[hopefully will survive it] but can anyone tell me if the rooms have safes, or maybe they are at reception? I hope so, don't fancy carrying our money around around all day.
Thanks in advance.

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: tsaros apartments
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »
Don't know about the Tsaros, but we left cash locked in our suitcases last year and it was fine.  I don't think San Stefanos is that sort of place.  We are looking to go the Vicky next year but they have not been uploaded to the Thomas Cook website yet.  Just keep looking. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 01:22:10 AM »
Not sure, but Noula has free safes at San Stef Travel!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:37:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies strogs and tonyco.

Offline TerryandJoy

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »
They have deposit boxes at the pool bar, just ask Thannasis for a key.  Small charge involved.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »
Thanks terry. Really looking forward to going. Have all the apartments got a balcony  or terrace if on ground floor?x

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
I looked at the Apartments about 5 years ago - (we stayed opposite in the Moros Apts), the Apartment we looked at had a balcony - seem to remember it was ground floor - but a bit hazy now!
By the way very nice place!! Just the hill did it for us - as I'm now 150 years old- (well feels like it some days!!) LOL
Great Breakfasts in the pool bar as well!! Great Views and Sunsets - nice pool!
Just above the Bistro as well!!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 01:11:29 AM »
The hill does sound steep but myself and hubby are keen walkers/cyclists so should be ok.
we stayed at Athina 2008 and although we enjoyed our stay we felt that this time we would go SC because there are just so many lovely restaurants to try at your own chosen time.
I think we may of walked past the Tsaros apartments during our last visit when we took a short cut coming back from Arillis but not 100% sure. If we were at the little prince then what are the directions from there please?
150 years old? can u still get travel insurance? Many a good tune played on an old fiddle.x

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »
If you are half-fit and walk / cycle a lot - no problem at all!!
From Little Prince - leave Restaurant - turn left - follow road until you get to the little Juice Bar/cafe'  (it has a few tables only), on your left, just past / adjoining what used to be the original/other branch of San Stefanos Travel, -- - - -  it's the corner which is opposite Summer dreams Bar.
Do not follow the road ahead (to beach) or around the left bend (to Olive press / Nafsika Hotel / Beachcomber Bistro etc. etc.)
but turn very - very sharply first left (almost back on yourself), going behind the juice bar & up the hill road, about 150 metres up the hill is your place.
After a week or so you get quite used to it!! We stayed in the Moros Apts, 5 years ago, just under the Tsaros Bar!! It wasn't really a problem!

Yes the fiddle still plays well, just not every day!! LOL, but just to explain - -
We have stayed in places up the hills many times in the past 27 years of going there, but I find it hard going now as I have copped a bit of hip arthritis (not too bad)
& as I found out - anyone can get it! from a child upwards!
So some days I feel pretty good, like I was in my late 40's, (I used to run up the hills in my 30's),
while other days I feel a touch older in the legs, so it just makes sense not to put extra strain on myself by avoiding the 4/6 x daily hill climb.
That's why we always book places on the flatter parts now, just in case.

I must say that I did like the hill views!!
Last year we were at the Theodosia Apts, but I had no real leg problems and we did the top of the headland that time again!!
Then we went to Egypt just before Xmas and I had trouble walking through the Hotel, (not the beer!!), returned had physiotherapy - now OK again!
That's life - so I look forward to a few decent walks again this year!! - always enjoy the walk along the beach as far as you can go!!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 09:24:29 PM »
Thanks for that tony, it is where I thought it was but now I know for sure thanks to you. We visited the juice bar a few times on our last visit and enjoyed the sandwiches very much.
Does the sun help your hip problems?
You seemed very informed about SS, how long have you been going there?
SS is the only place that we will have visited more than once, just had to go back to the lovely place.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 10:01:09 PM »
Hi Lilly
heat helps a bit - but not a lot, now I know the problem I am trying different supplements to see if it helps,
but really it's wear & tear from my footballing days I think!!
Nothing I can't live with though! Walking's Ok - but I don't jog anymore!

We first went in 1983 (just 2 hotels and 4 taverna's then), and got the bug and have returned every year since, because the place is brilliant and the people so nice -
(as almost everyone will tell you - as everyone gets the San Stef experience), we have made many life-long friends there, both locals and visitors.
So yes - but some people have now moved into the village and living there, they have picked up more knowledge than most of us!!
You are going to love it - and miss it when you leave.
When you then holiday elsewhere - you'll think - this is nice  - but something's missing!! = S S!! LOL - well that's our opinion anyway!!
Have a great Holiday!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 10:10:12 PM »
Wow, just 2 hotels in 1983, hard to believe.  Would love to see old photos, any idea where I can find them on the internet?
Does this forum have a photo section of SS, I can't see one or how to look at them?
Thanks for all your help, you are a star.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 01:52:45 AM »
No - no photo's, but I have quite a few on Facebook, which you are welcome to see if you have a facebook account and ask to be a friend.
if interested, let me know and I will PM you my email / details so you can search it - quite a few forum members have done this.
I have hundreds of old photos - but must find time to scan more in as the were all 35mm film.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=82526&id=566056451&l=8539846908 this is one link, which may work, mix of older pictures mainly mid nineties.

Mix of pictures - some from 1983 in Corfu
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50627&id=566056451&l=dee63d9498

The two Hotels were, Golden Beach and Nafsika
The 4 Taverna's were: Barras (it had a different name then), Sunset Taverna, Manthos Taverna, and Waves, plus Margarita's (now gone) which was more of a bar.
Margarita's was a bar/restaurant next to the Mini-Market (now Supermarket) - it is still situated next door to Summer Dream as it is now.
The rest was history and San Stefanos grew slowly.
on the beach was a VW Camper Van which is the fore-runner of the Kantina (Capt. Nikos Water sports and beach snacks).
That was it!! The Hotels were the hub of life - plus Manthos Taverna and they all took turns doing Greek nights! - Half the village (Avliotes) turned out!!
Great fun!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:34:20 AM by tonyco1 »

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 07:59:18 AM »
lilly
when you are out there pop into manthos taverna he has lots of old photos nice to look at over a cold drink

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 01:25:13 PM »
Hi Tony,
Wow, those photo's are amazing. I notice the Athina was not built back then, it all looks so different. I remember the owner of the Condor from our last visit and your photo shows him looking very youthful.
I am not a member of facebook but thanks for the offer. Where is the magnet bar/simple bar located, I cannot work it out at all?
Thank you for all your help.

Chris, where is Mathos, would love to go there and look at the photographs.
Thank you so much  for your help.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:46:46 PM by lilly »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni