Author Topic: New Ash Cloud  (Read 25173 times)

Offline katie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
New Ash Cloud
« on: May 16, 2010, 12:36:30 PM »
We're due to fly out tomorrow morning from Newcastle.   It doesn't look likely now if the ash cloud is moving towards the rest of the UK.  Waiting for further updates.....

Katie

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: New Ash Cloud
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 12:52:41 PM »
My wife has just recieved a text from friends there flight from Manchester tomorrow has been cancelled

don

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 01:31:26 PM »
http://www.yr.no/verkart/1.7103434

Try the link above for an active map. This is the latest prediction.

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
Ash covering northern parts of the UK and already all Northern Ireland / Scotland/ NW airports closed

Haven't actually seen if Newcastle was one of them although not looking good as Humberside closed
so good luck Katie but prepare for the worst  :-\

I'm due to be flying to Belfast on friday for 3 days and just hope the ash has cleared the UK by then  :'(
San Stefanos - here we come Summer 2010

Offline katie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
Thanks for the link to the map Don.   Things are not looking good but at least Newcastle Airport is not included in the No Fly Zone yet.  Everything is ready to pack, we will just have to wait for further news later today.

Katie

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »
Leeds/Bradford airport is closed from 13:00 hrs today.

Offline jm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 05:00:56 PM »
hi spesh 49 who is your friends flying with tommorrow we cant find anything about mon we also go mon with easeyjet cheers jm

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »
hi spesh 49 who is your friends flying with tommorrow we cant find anything about mon we also go mon with easeyjet cheers jm

Hi
They are flying with Thomsons

Cheers

Offline carole.mike

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »
east-midlands -doncaster -humberside-manchester-leeds -airports close till further notice , we fly this friday from e/midlands hopefully .yammas mike.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »
There is an update on Sky News (501) and BBC News 24
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 09:37:45 PM »
may be a good idea anyone that has to take any medication should take at least 1 weeks extra with them just in case they cant fly back

Offline katie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »
Well, we are packed, hoping to have a few hours sleep and ready to set off to Newcastle Airport at 3 am.   The Airport is still open at the moment and we are hoping we will be sitting in the bar at Kapetanios by lunchtime tomorrow, fingers crossed.  We are just hoping our friends who are flying from Birmingham Airport will be able to make it.   Will be in touch again when we get back.

Katie

Offline carole.mike

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 11:01:05 PM »
hi zoe thats what im doing in the morning going to the doc,s for extra medication just in case you never know .you are flying the same day as us [friday 21] what airport are you flying from we are going from east -midlands with a lot of luck hope to see you both in aquarius bar one night [who knows].yammas mike.  ;D :o ::) :-[ :'(.     [ hope the weather gets better in corfu raining again today and cold ].

zoe

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »
we are going from gatwick 5.55am flight so we are booked in a hotel thursday night taxi to airport picked up on the way back and they have the car for the two weeks not a lot more than just the car park at gatwick but if we cant fly i would rather be safe even though i will have a good cry hope everyone can get there as we all look forward to our holiday

don

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 11:49:14 PM »
I know what it's like to totally lose a holiday due to this d*mn ash! Wish everyone better luck than I had. Would probably be booked to go myself if I'd been refunded yet.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni