Author Topic: It's the New 2010 Holiday Season - First Reports of San Stefanos  (Read 68898 times)

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
Re: It's the New 2010 Holiday Season - First Reports of San Stefanos
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »
Thanks for the help and the link.
I love this forum.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2010, 03:03:01 AM »
Regards - we can't wait.
We're in celebratory mood as we've become 1st-time grandparents in the last few days - i know we're a bit young for it, at the tender age of 48! ;D
Congratulations Bristol Boy!, we became Grandparents again yesterday to a Granddaughter this time, so we understand the pleasure it brings!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
I always email Leo with any room request nearer the time and I usually get the room I want but there is only 2 of us. The larger rooms are on the right hand side as you look from the pool or on the top floor. You would need rooms 1 and 2 (ground floor) or 7 and 8 (1st floor) to have the rooms you need.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2010, 07:30:06 PM »
Thanks jules,
I have emailed leo but it is some time away yet. Booked our Taxi though

Offline Mary and Geoff

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2010, 08:00:34 PM »
Well we got back on Monday after a week in San Stef stopping at the Theodosia, we had 2 2 bedroom apartments for all of us and they were great can reccomend them.

We ate mostly at the Thomas Bay apart from one night when we went to the Little Prince, but the family prefered the TB they enjoyed the food that much, and that was from our 2 sons and daughter in law and they are all chef's, so that should say something , the set meal was 9 euros with a choice of 3 starters 4 mains and plenty of sweets to choose from. The meals of the main menu were just as good.

We were shocked when we saw the beach have never seen it like that before and we have neen going for the last 15 years, lets hope it recovers.

The grandaughters loved San Stef and one was almost in tears on are return and didn't want to come home.

The resort was quiet with some places empty you do feel for them lets hope it gets going in the next few weeks.
Mary and Geoff

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2010, 02:49:13 AM »
Thanks for the bulletins Mary, I hope the beach news improves!

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2010, 12:58:30 PM »
The beach was looking much better again on Thursday. It really tooking a battering on Tuesday 1st June as although very bright and sunny, it was blowing a gale. I took some photos across the beach towards the port and all you can see is white breakers battering in and the spray was breaking quite high over the old harbour. I hadn't seen it like this or anywhere near it in our previos two visits.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2010, 11:20:46 PM »
Thanks for your updates Gordon, I also read the Golden beach entry!!
Yammas

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »
hi all
never know san steph not to have a breeze its hot hot but manthos says going to change weds
bar 38 open from sat looks very smart
new cafe/bar up the hill very nice great views (hill by jucie bar)
must go pool caling

tab not to big don

chris

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2010, 12:28:34 AM »
Thanks Chris - hope you are having a great time :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2010, 01:40:28 AM »
Chris - have one from me - but put it on Don's Tab - that way - he bought me a drink as well!! LOL

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
Hi All!

Just back from San Stef yesterday :(  Had a fantastic time as always. Our first week was very quiet but busier the second week.  Weather wise, we only had a couple of cloudy days and rest of the time very hot and sunny. It was very humid for a couple of days but no storms whilst we were there,  Very warm in the evenings too.  The beach was fine.  It certainly seemed deeper down the 'nudie ' end but still okay at sunbed end, so obviously recovered from previous weeks. Euro rate was 1.18.  We didn't notice any large price increases from last year and we always eat out as we stay at Stamatis Apartments.  For those that hire cars, petrol was about 1.59.  For those who know Vangelis from Nafsika, he is not working there this year as his mother has recently died and he has decided not to work there this year but he is still doing his fishing.  Spent some time with Hilary from Bar 38, she is doing very well and Spiros is improving slowly.  Good news for all that know him!  She was hoping to open Bar 38 today but was not sure if it would be ready.  Looks a great place though, very chic!!  Word of warning for anyone with Thomsons.  Coach transfer in took 3 hours, driver appeared to get lost on our way in.  We got off bus and walked last few hundred yards with our cases  as we were so cheesed off!  We were told by one of the hotel owners that Thomsons were using a new bus company and they were having problems with coach transfers.  We spoke to our rep and she was actively collecting complaint reports so she could put these forward to her Manager to try and improve the service.  We hoped for better things on our journey to airport.  Picked up at 7.50 am.  Went round San Stefanos then to Arrillas and ended back in San Stefanos at about 9 am just yards from our apartments! >:( Whole journey took about 2 and half hours!  Anyway hope you all have a good holiday when you get there!

Karen

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:41 AM »
I certainly hope they have sorted the transfers out before we go end of August or they will be having to stop for sick stops as well

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2010, 11:18:35 PM »
We had a private transfer by taxi from and to Corfu airport (as we privately booked flights and accom) - arranged by Dimi at Fedra Mare - yes, it cost more, but was fab - arrived in 50 minutes from airport and the driver stopped on the outskirts of Corfu Town and bought us a Mythos each for the journey to SS - brilliant touch after only being on the island a few minutes!

Offline ianandsarah

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
    • Eco Friendly Products
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2010, 03:27:34 AM »
What was the cost of the taxi to the resort?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni