Author Topic: It's the New 2010 Holiday Season - First Reports of San Stefanos  (Read 68897 times)

Offline TerryandJoy

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: It's the New 2010 Holiday Season - First Reports of San Stefanos
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »
Tereza's have worked hard over the winter and it looks great
They have all new furniture in the bar

And there is a tale to tell about that new furniture!   It (the chairs) arrived the week we were there, flat-packed with Far Eastern English instructions and the usual poor diagrams.   It took an afternoon of both Greek and English heads being scratched before the first new chair got assembled and three days before the lot of them were.   Many (including me) gave up the unequal struggle between 4 bolts and three cushions and had another beer!   

B and B at the Tereza was pretty good by the way, a simple breakfast menu, continental or cooked with a €2 supplement if you wanted a full English.  Didn't indulge in the full fat job but it looked good and plentiful.   The rooms in the rear block were comfortable and pretty well equipped although a little on the dark side both in lack of natural light and furnishings.  I imagine that at the height of summer that lack of natural light could well be a good thing.   Twin beds were a shade on the hard side but only a shade and we certainly had no trouble sleeping in them.

We didn't see Tereza's on our previous visit but it certainly looks very good and inviting this season - also fully booked right through I understand.  We consider ourselves very lucky to have got a cheap late booking there in early May, only compliments from us for the place.

don

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2010, 12:10:23 AM »
Has Jerry changed his running order and his joke?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2010, 12:16:18 AM »
Hi Terry and Joy. We watched them last year assembling the new tv and unit and we watched for ages along with others as they all got more and more agitated- great fun for us watching ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »
The one dependable thing about Silver Star "Jerry" is the "same joke" and the song order!! LOL
There's no business like show business - - - - - - - - - la la la la la!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2010, 12:04:14 AM »
He even sups his drink at the same spots in the show. I bet even his breathing is co-ordinated!

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 12:22:30 AM »
We were there the day the new furniture went in too !!!!!  they had a gang of greeks there assembling it when we saw them so luckily we didnt have to help !!!!

Also, i forgot earlier to say, they also have a new TV screen on outside as well now !!!!!

I still think you cant beat Tereza for value for money, setting  and hospitality.  ;D

Sarah H

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2010, 12:23:58 AM »
Thanks for the extra news Sarah
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2010, 12:27:31 AM »
soz forgot to answer the other question.....we go for a week on Sept 17th.........oh and booked up for next may again already !!!!!  ha ha ha

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2010, 01:23:33 AM »
Sarah, just been told more new furniture being delivered on the 18th - take a screw-driver!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »
hi we thought san stef  could not be better than last year but we were wrong we had a fantastic time  we never had one bad meal and prices not as bad as we thought diet starts monday lol got to meet sarah in the condor a big thanks to lorraine and john (johnnie rebel) we have laughed till we cried and all i can say is keep looking for the peanuts john and roy says four tops (you had to be there)the new shop next to the juice bar opened the day before we came back they have some lovely things marias was lovely and we would love to stay there again but will have to see the prices for flights as i think they may be a lot dearer next year i have some video on the ipod and when i work out how i will put on my facebook big thanks to glen hope we didnt keep you up to long just paid for our next holiday to san stef in september so back to the washing only 1 more load to do   

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »
Glad you had a fab time again. The magic is obviously still around :)

When in September Zoe? :)

zoe

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
17th sep forgot to say looked to go and see ray in the dive shop but he was  not there

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »
What is the shop next to the juice bar selling?

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »
Glad you had a great time Zoe..... Hope Roy saved me a sizzling steak LOL...   Will have a chat on Facebook..
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

zoe

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »
the new shop has honey herbs spices olive trees books wall art all sorts of things but very nice we were the first to buy something and they gave us a bottle of drink as a thank you but as we walked by later it was packed so i hope it does well

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni