Author Topic: Theo BBQ Boat trip - How much and is it worth it?  (Read 14442 times)

Offline sian

• View Profile
Theo BBQ Boat trip - How much and is it worth it?
« on: April 27, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
 ??? Ive been sent an email from my Thomson holiday thing and looking at the excursion they're offering "Theo's BBQ/Boat Ride" Im in 2 minds about going for it.
On the one hand it seems like a good day out - entertaining and food and drinks included ..
.. on the other hand I dont want to be sat on a boat crammed with 18 yr old tanned & chisselled girls and boys feeling like the pale flabby tourist!
I am a bit self concious I suppose but still - I cant seem to find any honest reviews about the trip that contain much useful info.

It appears to be rather expensive (£79 for the 2 of us) but inclusive of food and drinks that is good really. Theres also a "sundowner" trip that sounds nice for £48 per person. But I wonder if Sally will have something like that cheaper.

Plus I cant tell what hotels they pick up from - as we dont drive we cant hire a car. Thinking about hiring a boat one of the days though! :)

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Theo BBQ Boat trip - How much and is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »
??? Ive been sent an email from my Thomson holiday thing and looking at the excursion they're offering "Theo's BBQ/Boat Ride" Im in 2 minds about going for it.
On the one hand it seems like a good day out - entertaining and food and drinks included ..
.. on the other hand I dont want to be sat on a boat crammed with 18 yr old tanned & chisselled girls and boys feeling like the pale flabby tourist!
I am a bit self concious I suppose but still - I cant seem to find any honest reviews about the trip that contain much useful info.

It appears to be rather expensive (£79 for the 2 of us) but inclusive of food and drinks that is good really. Theres also a "sundowner" trip that sounds nice for £48 per person. But I wonder if Sally will have something like that cheaper.

Plus I cant tell what hotels they pick up from - as we dont drive we cant hire a car. Thinking about hiring a boat one of the days though! :)

NO that'll be me and Yannis Sian  ;D

It appears that trips are better (and more cheaply) booked when you actiually get to SS
San Stefanos - here we come Summer 2010

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 01:03:07 AM »
Went on the bbq boat trip several years ago.
Personal opinion is that its not worth the money.
Had to go to Corfu town to get the boat (1 1/2 hours by the time we had done pick ups)
Beach we were taken to had virtually no shade (not good in August!) very very few umbrellas.
Food was dreadful and there was very limited wine, retsina and beer (all a bit much in the heat and sun of mid day!) it wold have been fine sitting on a terrace or under a brolly.
On the way back the champagne diving was 3 bottles of cava chucked off the boat.

I would give it a miss, whether you book through Thomsons or take the cheaper option of booking through Noula at San Stef travel....

Offline sian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:18:34 AM »
Lol Mikee - at least I wouldnt be the ONLY flabby pale tourist :)

As far as the bbq trip goes it would seem I can get better trips and cheaper from Sally and Noula in SS so I reckon I'll sort out what we're gonna do with them. I will have to email Sally again soon cos she told me she would have to come for a drink with us in the hotel one night.

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »

Well I wouldn't exactly say I am FAT but I got run over by a taxi the other day whilst standing in the road ..

The cabbie said he would have driven round me ..... but he didn't have enough petrol  :D  :-\

YANNIS26

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »
Hi Mikee & Sian
You speak for yourself after a month in Dubai I may be flabby due to the excess of American type food.The one thing I am not is pale.As regards Theos boat trip  if your idea of fun is watching a topless young lady doing the Titanic scene from the bow to win a T shirt .Sian go for it.From your posting I get the impression it would not be up your street.I think you would be more at home with Noulas boat trips from San Stefanos harbour.
Yammas
Yannis    
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:44:43 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 11:13:04 PM »

Where do those boat trips go to then Yannis? .. just around the coast ?

YANNIS26

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 11:00:59 AM »
Where do those boat trips go to then Yannis? .. just around the coast ?
Hi Mikee
They go to Paleo & the islands of Mathraki & Ericusa.I have done them all and they are very good value for money.Last year I did the Ericusa one and spent the four hours on the island walking its perimeter and finishing off with a refreshing Mythos or two in a local Taverna.A distance of 6 miles.Good for the figure.
All details and prices are on the San Stefano Travel web site.
Boat trips are also available to Paxos & Parga, Albania & The Greek Mainland from Corfu Town with San Stefano travel with transfers included but these are early starts 0730 hrs.
Yammas
Yannis
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 02:56:01 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline Mikee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 01:20:16 PM »
Is the harbour far to walk from say the Romanza for early morning boat trips?  :o

YANNIS26

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »
Is the harbour far to walk from say the Romanza for early morning boat trips?  :o
Hi Mikee
The harbour is approx 15 min walk from the centre of the village making it about 30min from the Romanza.
In past years Noula has done a pickup & return service at a cost of 2 euro/person.I am not sure if this is operating this season.
See update on previous posting re. boat trips available.
Yammas
Yannis
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 02:58:29 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »
The Theo trip goes down well if you like 18-30 fun for the 18-60's, you will get wet and have a fun day - but very expensive.
You will get picked up and taken to Corfu Town for the Boat - have met many people who liked it - and a lot who didn't!
Your choice.

I prefer Noula's boat trips as detailed above, fully insured, and fun - take your pick!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni