Author Topic: Newbie - Delfino Blu  (Read 64531 times)

Offline stockjockey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie - Delfino Blu
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2010, 11:51:44 AM »
This will be my last posting on this matter.  I can hear a loud cheer coming down my computer.  Of course everyone is entitled to air their views, whether it be positive or negative on their SS experience.  Part of SS's appeal is that it appeals to all social classes. 

Pembo, I agree with your views on 4 star hotels  - Before we cast critisism, maybe we should take a step back and look what reception we would get if we tried to gain entry in top class hotels in our own country. Imagine if we walked in to a hotel in London armed with towel and flip flops with a the intention of using the pool. I think we have been spoiled by the hospitality we receive in SS, so I would not lose much sleep over the lack of hospitality shown towards us in  the DB.

The main issue as faf as I am concerned, is referring to the receptionist as a 'rottweiler'.  Before posting comments, whether they be positive or negative, ask yourself this, if someone was posting comments on your business/work, would you like to read a personal insult like this, bearing in mind, your friends, family and coworkers can read what has been said?  :)

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »
I never like to interfere as I believe that the forum should allow people the opportunity to provide their own honest feedback and comment on San Stefanos.

However, I do agree that any personal comments should be avoided, particulary if they could be viewed as insulting. In my opinion the "rottweiler" comment falls into that category and certainly feel that this post should stop, remember their are two sides to every story.

Nice to hear your views on a 4* hotel in the resort though.
Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

Offline 2sanstef

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sanstefanos.co.uk
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
Come on I didn't mean for you to stop posting, just to think twice before posting any comments which could be seen as insulting.

You'll all be calling me "Big Brother" soon I can't help it if my name is George and I was born in 1984 lol

All the best
Its our 10th time here and we will be coming back again very soon!" 8)

www.sanstefanos.co.uk
Admin

don

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »
Come on I didn't mean for you to stop posting, just to think twice before posting any comments which could be seen as insulting.

You'll all be calling me "Big Brother" soon I can't help it if my name is George and I was born in 1984 lol

All the best

Or Well........ We'll carry on along the Road To Wigan Pier if you want !! ::)

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010, 10:47:43 PM »
Wigan Pier, is great they even have a bar called the Orwel, so if you are anywhere near there call in for a pint or two

Offline Sezza

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2010, 05:20:25 PM »
I used the Delfino Blu last year and have nothing but praise for it.  Every member of staff we met was without exception polite, happy and took great pride in their jobs and place of work.  The receptionist was helpful from the time of booking until the moment we left.
I am staying in another hotel in the resort this year only because I couldnt get availability at the Delfino because of its popularity but am sure we will enjoy it just as much. Delfino is number 1 for the resort on Trip Advisor so they must be doing something right.  I work hard all year round and like to have a little bit of luxury on holiday and to have such a lovely hotel in such a fantastic relaxing resort like SS is perfect. The pool area is small and just sufficient for the number of guests staying at the hotel and apartments.  Paying the rates charged by the Delfino I would expect exclusivity and to not have to battle to get space with people coming in from outside the hotel. Its not a class status just a customer service expectation which the owner is taking into consideration for his guests. There are no airs and graces at the hotel - it is just as relaxed as the resort itself and I think it is good to have the choice of various standards of hotels and can only be a good thing for the resort.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »
Wow I really, really want to stay there - what is the food like?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »
Great posting Sezza - are you trying to get in there again next year -sounds like you may need to book early to guarantee your dates.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Sezza

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2010, 10:01:05 PM »
Hi Debra - food is lovely although I wouldnt book on a half board basis only because there are so many other lovely places to eat. A few families who are regulars in SS that I met at the Fedra Mare this year used the Delfino for dinner for a special evening treat and loved it.

Jules - have now also fallen in love with the Fedra Mare - my brother and his wife are now eager to try SS after me going on about how great it is so we have booked 2 apartments with Dimitris again for next year.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
Its a really difficult one! Popped my head round the door at the Delfino today, gorgeous place and on a par with the 9 Muses in Skala where we honeymooned.....and so is the price tag! They both cost circa 1800 quid for both of us as opposed to the 1200 that the Romanza costs.
Sometimes i crave for the peace and quiet of a more exclusive hotel and other times i'm glad to be in the Romanza gang and it's various cliques....whatever anyone says it's got them.
We've got one full day left tomorrow, the winds died and i'm off for maximum tannage! As i write this now, the party's reaching it's peak and i can hear 'Video Killed The Radio Star' by Buggles coming from the bar area
Kalinichta

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni