Author Topic: Vicky Apartments or Athina Hotel  (Read 7285 times)

Offline smudgum

• View Profile
Vicky Apartments or Athina Hotel
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:38:50 PM »
We stayed in San Sefanos in the summer of 2009 and loved it!  So much so that although we couldn't manage this summer we are going next summer and for the second week inviting our two grown up children to join us!  Our flights are booked we're so keen - and I normally am a lastminuter!
We stayed in Hotel Athina which was great.  However I thought the two bedroom apartments at Vicky's might be better for the four of us.  The reviews look great and I think that is what we will do.  I would just like confirmation from all you experts that it is the right thing to do.  It would be in the new block - is the standard of accommodation about the same?
The wild card could be a week at Delphino Blue for the two of us followed by a week at Sugar and Almond for the four - very expensive and in the summer just how much would we be indoors?  Luxurious though!  Like the idea of being near the sea and near a pool!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Vicky Apartments or Athina Hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »
Have you thought of the Perros - booked independently - they have 2 spacious bedroomed apartments, very well maintained hotel, good quality fittings, wonderful family, transfers included in hotel price - and half board option just 3.5 euros per day and flexible - if going for a week you can book hb just for some nights etc.  we stayed at Athina in 2008, food better at Perros - breakfast anytime from 9 -11.30! Good for grown up children. It was brilliant - I probably wouldn't reurn to Athina - Perros was as good but felt more authentic Greek - and position not as far as you think - opposite Paradise.  Really cannot fault it. Good air conditioning and honestly, the most relaxed place ever.  Take a look at site.

Offline Angela

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »
Having just got back from Vicky Apartments i can thoroughly recommend them.I stayed in the older block in a two bed studio,im sure the new block will be fine.didnt see inside but pics look good on their web siteThe pool area is good,you are not far from the lovely beach,so have best of both.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »
If you want a pool and near the sea for a two bed Apt, Vicky is a good choice, or just up the hill is Teresa's Apt's, well placed.
Leonidas Villas just opposite the Beach or Theodosia Apt's - both brilliant but without pool, also consider Barras Apts - Pool and well placed.
In other words - lots of choice there.
Vicky are very nice though!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline smudgum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 01:30:27 AM »
Thank you everyone!  I have booked the Vicky Apartments - Lesley from Corfu Selection was very helpful.

So come July next year we will be returning to San Stefanos!  This time we will be treating our grown up children to the chilled out holiday we had last time - can't wait!  I know they will love it as much as we did!

As the nights draw in and the pressure of work increases it is brilliant to know that we have San Stafanos to look forward to... :D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 07:51:30 PM »
Good choice, but don't forget they will still be welcome in the Thomas Bay in the evenings as well.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni