Author Topic: thomas bay  (Read 15518 times)

Offline biglillypicker

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
thomas bay
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »
hi everyone ,new to site booked to stay at thomas bay in august ,stayed at kaloudis 2 years back,anyone got any info on  hotel generally,we are going half board and would like to know what food to expect :D    thanks all

carefree where ever we may be

Offline carole.mike

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: thomas bay
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:44:05 PM »
welcome to the forum biglillypicker regarding the thomas bay hotel we havent stayed there but we go there every night for the entertainment we think its the best place for a fun night  ,kareoke,bingo quizis acts . you will enjoy yourselfs the staff are fantastic especially nicos and heather his lovely scottish wife if you like game for a laugh this hotels for you both other forum members that have stayed at the hotel will no doubt let you know about the accommodation and meals as ive said we thing this hotel is ace  yammas mike .
      ::) :-* :'( :D :)

YANNIS26

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:23:58 PM »
Hi Biglillypicker
Welcome to the forum.I can endorse everything Mike says about the Thomas Bay. I have not stayed there for about 10 years.The only reason i left is at this time the hotel went from B&B To Half Board and one of my many highlights of a San Stefanos holiday is eating out at the many first class Tavernas.
Having said that i still call in at the Thomas Bay on a regular basis during my holiday and am always made very welcome by the wonderful staff. I am certain you will have an excellent holiday.
As Mike says lots of forum members are Thomas Bay regulars and i am certain will give you a greater insight into the type of food available and more details on the hotel.
Yammas
Yannis26

Offline biglillypicker

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:28:10 PM »
Cheers for that guys ,as i wrote early we stayed at kaloudis in Arillas and that was a lovely holiday all except for the beds,Bloody rock hard.I'm sure we'll enjoy it. Yammas BLP.

don

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 12:06:06 AM »
You will usually find the evenings menu on a board  on the reception desk and on the street. There is usually a choice from 4 starters and 4 mains. If none of the mains capture your imagination ask if there is an alternative. We used to regularly have salads rather than a main. If you fancy something like Kleftiko and you too are later eaters ask earlier in the day for your choice.
The staff are eager to please and rather see you happy rather than leave you disappointed with what's on offer. In saying this I must stress that the food there has always been excellent but I don't always want a hot meal.
You will enjoy staying at Thomas Bay. We stayed there a dozen times but got sold on self-catering.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »
Hi Biglillypicker
Again I agree with the others above, & we have stayed there many times.
Dominic runs the place with Nikkos and Heather. Christos the waiter is a real character.
It's so friendly you will love the place!
THE Food  - Now-days they have a new chef and it's now exceptionally good for a half board Hotel.
If you do not like the daily offerings, ask Nikkos and he will OK it for you to select anything else off the menu, except fillet steak.

We will arrive there from 31st Aug, this time and know we will have a great time again this year
However what Yannis say's - - - I endorse fully regarding eating out.
When we booked we had secured a very good deal, so cheap - it was cheaper than room only at the little Prince.
Therefore - as far as we are concerned, we will eat breakfast there almost every day, and this saves money alone.
you can upgrade for around €1-2 and have a full English breakfast if you want to.
EVENINGS - - We plan to eat in for around 50% of the time and visit the local Restaurants for the rest - - - as it's part of our holiday is to eat out.

You really must try the Mythica, the Beachcomber Bistro and Ozzie Oils if nowhere else - for fantastic food.
Check out the Condor for evening entertainment, Bar38 and others are great!
Yammas and have a good time
Tony & Linda

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 02:15:56 AM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 01:56:12 AM »
The hotel is situated centrally in the village so no big hills to climb either
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 02:02:53 AM »
Hi Biglillypicker
Again I agree with the others above, & we have stayed there many times.
Val runs the place with Nikkos and Heather. Christos the waiter is a real character.
It's so friendly you will love the place!
THE Food  - Now-days they have a new chef and it's now exceptionally good for a half board Hotel.
If you do not like the daily offerings, ask Nikkos and he will OK it for you to select anything else off the menu, except fillet steak.

We will arrive there from 31st Aug, this time and know we will have a great time again this year
However what Yannis say's - - - I endorse fully regarding eating out.
When we booked we had secured a very good deal, so cheap - it was cheaper than room only at the little Prince.
Therefore - as far as we are concerned, we will eat breakfast there almost every day, and this saves money alone.
you can upgrade for around €1-2 and have a full English breakfast if you want to.
EVENINGS - - We plan to eat in for around 50% of the time and visit the local Restaurants for the rest - - - as it's part of our holiday is to eat out.

You really must try the Mythica, the Beachcomber Bistro and Ozzie Oils if nowhere else - for fantastic food.
Check out the Condor for evening entertainment, Bar38 and others are great!
Yammas and have a good time
Tony & Linda

Who is "VAL?"
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 02:17:16 AM »
Ok - that's what comes of doing three things at once - I meant Dom not Val and I have changed the post - Thanks eagle eyes!! LOL

don

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 03:02:37 AM »
DOM = VAL     I can see why you could mistake them......... Anatomy wise they look the same!!!!!!! It's your age mate LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 03:29:24 AM »
No - - -  I was on the phone to our friend Val!! while typing and the Altzimers got me!! LOL

Offline Mary and Geoff

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
We have been going to The Thomas Bay since 1995 sometimes 3 times in a year it's the only place for us we love it. But that is only our opinion, there are people who have been and didn't like it, but the majority of people who go there are people who have been before and i think that says it all. If you go join in with the fun and enjoy.
Mary and Geoff

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 02:53:01 AM »
Supposedly, the Hotel Casa Delfino is the Best Hotel, it is the most plush, but I found it lacked character & the food didn't match the decor',
Then the Athina, with the biggest pool, but again it just does not match the Thomas Bay, for genuine friendly welcome and charisma.
To us the T/Bay - - is the Hotel that's situated in the heart of S S, and has that feel-good thing that we just love!
To be honest - you will like wherever you stay in S S, the people are so nice - but the T/Bay has the edge for us.
All the Hotels have pluses and minus's - but few minus's you will find!

We have stayed there many times as well, not last year as we had our Grandson with us, so we did an Apartment.

zoe

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »
love thomas bay would not stay anywere else if it was b/b not half board to me it is the staff that make it from the cleaners right through to dominic they cant do enough for you and great to have hot water all the time the food is great but so are all the other tavernas

Offline biglillypicker

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 02:06:24 PM »
cheers all for replys,  Tonyco1 we arrive on 27th august so will keep the mythos cooling for you  :-* :) ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni