Author Topic: Voula Apartments  (Read 27103 times)

Offline amanda

• View Profile
Voula Apartments
« on: February 19, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »
Would anyone recomend the Voula Apartments I know that it is high up but what is it like accomodation wise?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Voula Apartments
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:08:45 AM »
the last outpost from S/Stefanos!!
They look very nice to stay in - we had a nose around - but much too far out for us personally.
I have previously read good reports as they try a bit harder to make you enjoy your stay!!

So if you like the hotel / pool type holiday - it's a good bet!!
V/Nice family running it!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

YANNIS26

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »
Hi Amanda
What Tony says is true the Voula Apts are the last outpost.They are situated about 15- 20 min walk from the centre of the village.This walk means negotiating quite a steep hill.Having said that i have done just that for the last 10 years as i stay at the Romanza,only approx 150 metres from the Voula.If you are fit you should not find the hill a problem.
Like Tony i have not stayed at the Voula but a visited on numerous occasions.Spiros and Maria are wonderful hosts.The pool and bar area is first class with excellent views from the terrace.If you visit the Thomsons web site you will get a better idea from the pictures and reviews.I
do not know if you are a beach person but if you are you will find an excellent short cut through the Romanza grounds.
The big plus for me about the Voula is the price.Take for example when i am visiting.
Romanza 1000 pounds/couple for 2 weeks.
Voula 700 pounds/couple.A saving of 300 pounds.If you compare it with accommodation in the village you save even more.You must admit 300 pounds helps with the spending money.Having checked this out and if i was booking now as much as i love the Romanza i would book the Voula sleep there and use the Romanza as my base.As this hotel is part of .the Thomson Just package you will not have a rep but in my opinion that should not be a major problem.
I hope this information helps you.
Yannis26

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 10:21:54 PM »
Amanda
Yannis sums it well.
It boils down to this in my opinion:

1) Like a Beach Holiday - and very fit - enjoy the hill walking = Great Option.
2) Like a Hotel type / Pool Holiday in a great Hotel/Apt. - and very fit - daily trips into town = Great Option.
3) Like a Hotel type / Pool Holiday in a great Hotel/Apt. medium fit - Occasional trips into town = Good Option.
4) Not so fit & Like a Beach Holiday (bit like me - I would need a wheelbarrow ride to get up the hill these days - LOL), = Poor Option.
5) Like to be close to the nightlife and Beach & V/Fit = 50/50 option as it's a good 15 - 20 min steady walk uphill to the Voula.
6) Like to be close to the nightlife and Beach = medium fit /or not so fit = poor option as it's a good 15 - 20 min steady walk uphill

There are lots of other Aptments or Hotel Options in other parts of town, all very good in my opinion overall.
I love staying closer to the Beach the bars and Restaurants these days.

The Voula will never be my personal choice as I just can't be bothered with the steep uphill walks these days,
in hot sun returning from the Beach, (can be a killer), but I must "Big-up", the Voula in every other way.
It is a very good place to stay - just the location (walking-wise), is the only downside to me, which won't bother everyone.
The plus side is the truly magnificient views up there, which you will not get down in the town.
As was said earlier, great family and place to stay in - my advice  - go with you're gut instinct if you feel it suits you - go for it!

Offline carole.mike

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 11:14:48 PM »
hello amanda
                 as tony and yannis has said its a lovely place the voula  but and only a but the hill from san stef to the apartments is a killer if you are fit
 or like us hire a scooter or car ,as the greeks say    no problem we stay at the terresa hotel which is the first part of the hill climb a bit of a pull but what a view from this hotel especially watching the sunset at night  and day time views of the sea and beyond   as i say this is my choice because of my legs
 arn,t what they use be but im sure you will like the voula and the people of san step and you will always meet the nice people  on this forum at some time on you holiday  yammas mike.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:04:03 PM »
There you go Amanda - we can't all be wrong!!

Offline Whitty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »
Having stayed at the Voula for the past two years I can highly recommend, Spiros and Maria are lovely. The walk up and down can be off putting but we soon got used to it. The kids moaned at first, but for me it is ideal. The pool is lovely and it is quieter than stopping in town.
After a large evening meal you can walk it off, of course if you hire a car you are sorted.
Nigel

YANNIS26

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 09:54:39 PM »
Having stayed at the Voula for the past two years I can highly recommend, Spiros and Maria are lovely. The walk up and down can be off putting but we soon got used to it. The kids moaned at first, but for me it is ideal. The pool is lovely and it is quieter than stopping in town.
After a large evening meal you can walk it off, of course if you hire a car you are sorted.
Hi Whitty
Welcome to the forum.I agree with you Spiros & Maria are lovely people .As regards the Voula itsef I have never stayed there.What I can say is the pool & pool bar are first class.I have visited them many times over the years as I always stay over the road at the Romanza.As regards cardiac hill I unlike some of our older members of the forum have never had a problem. Probably when I get to Tony and Dons age I will  have to move down to the village.
Yammas
Yannis

don

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 11:21:17 PM »
Hi Whitty
Welcome to the forum.I agree with you Spiros & Maria are lovely people .As regards the Voula itsef I have never stayed there.What I can say is the pool & pool bar are first class.I have visited them many times over the years as I always stay over the road at the Romanza.As regards cardiac hill I unlike some of our older members of the forum have never had a problem. Probably when I get to Tony and Dons age I will  have to move down to the village.
Yammas
Yannis

Now that's cheek and off "the only pensioner in the village!"

YANNIS26

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 11:29:16 PM »
Hi Don
Me a pensioner.I have told you before I  am only 50 (+vat)
Yammas
Yannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 01:31:22 AM »
His name was Yannis
and he had the fastest Z-frame in the west!!

Freedom Pass Yannis - the bionic pensioner!! LOL

Offline TheBayleys

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »
Hi,

We're booked in to the Voula Apartments 6 weeks today - whoo hoo! We've never been to Corfu before so it's all new and exciting. Reading this forum just makes it sound even better.

We've been doing a few hilly walks in our area to get in training for the walk up hill - I just hope it's enough!

Is there air con at the Voula? If not can we hire fans? Also we don't fly until late afternoon on the way home - do they do late check out rooms?

The Bayleys

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 09:00:57 PM »
Not sure about the Air-Con - should have it!! Usually a charge of €5 per night for A C generally through the resort.
Someone else will confirm for you I am sure.
You will like the Apartments I am sure. Try a meal at the Romanza as well!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:58:08 PM by tonyco1 »

don

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 11:02:07 PM »
Hi Don
Me a pensioner.I have told you before I  am only 50 (+vat)
Yammas
Yannis

VAT now 20% ...... The ageing process is quicker in the NE.  :P

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 03:04:12 AM »
Poor old Yannis - dragging his broken, worn out body, up and down those killer hills,
just to get a life-saving cold Mythos!! LOL - Who'd be a pensioner!! (Hmmm well maybe it has benefits!!).

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni