Author Topic: Romanza Hotel & May Hol  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Sanstef holfan

• View Profile
Romanza Hotel & May Hol
« on: October 18, 2009, 04:44:30 PM »
We went to San Stefanos for the first time in early September 2008 for 18 days and really loved it there.We stopped at the Romanza which was very good and the views from our room were out of this world. 
We could not go in 2009 but have just booked to go next year for two week's at the beginning of May and are stopping at the Romanza again.
I understand that they have had a change of staff at the Romanza since we last went.
Does anyone know if it is still as good?

I know that when we go next year we will be one of the first visitors of the season.Has anyone been to San Stefanos at this time of the year? and if so how was it?   

YANNIS26

Re: Romanza Hotel & May Hol
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 05:59:59 PM »
Hi Sanstef holfan
Welcome to the forum.I have visited the Romanza every year for 9 year and i am booked again for next year.I believe my last visit under the new management team was the best ever.As eveyone has their own opinon i suggest you check out the following.
1  Page 4 of this section of the forum under the posting New style management at the Romanza.
2  Recent reviews on the Trip Advisor web site that rate it the no 1 hotel in corfu.
Enjoy your holiday at the Romanza.
As regards a May holiday i have found that regarding certain facilties. i.e Boat trips for one they do not get up and running till mid May.i have always had excellant weather in May and the bonus of fireflys & no mosquitos.
I hope this helps.
Yannis 26
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:19:46 PM by YANNIS26 »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:46:44 PM »
Jenny and Leo now have there own place in the village called Mythica and the food there is lovely. When we were there in September a lot of the visitors to Mythica knew Jenny and Leo from the Romanza as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »
Welcome to the forums as well Sanstef Holfan
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Sanstef holfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
Many thanks Yannis26 and JulesT for the info.

My wife and I are really looking forward to returning to San Stefanos and meeting all the friendly people.

Pleased to hear that the Romanza is better than ever.We thought it was first class before so to improve on that would take some doing. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 03:52:54 AM »
Hi SS-Holfan - welcome!
All the reports say the Romanza is still great!!
In fact anywhere you stay will be just as nice as it always is - -  in our favourite resort!
Since I first went in 1983, it has grown - but the people have never changed -
They always make you feel part of the San Stefanos family!!
Enjoy!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni