Author Topic: Nasty habits  (Read 42062 times)

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Nasty habits
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
Well done Tony  for your accomplishments it sounds like you have been a busy guy over the years, it is a acheivement and a privilege if you can just manage to drive these luxury motors and feel the experience let alone how it must feel to own one. I would'nt like to pay for repairs or up keep though, £5,000 just for a set of our wheels without fitting or VAT.

Yes I really do get some looks usually disgust, onsite at the factory there are 3500 people, about 120 in our quality department and I'm 1 of 2 female inspectors (total) who have this responsibility.
(what a shame I know but someone has too)

Driving a train sounds exciting, not sure about the speed? but lots of buttons!!!

Would'nt like to drive a bus, especially after Dons poor experience the other day. It's put me off public transport, not that I had much confidence anyway.

If Don has no luck with the shoe license he could become another Zola Bud LOL
Yamas
Clare

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
We have some strange pics of Dons feet in weird shoes on facebook!! LOL
(Don't eat first!) LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2009, 11:59:57 PM »
Well Guy's thanks for pointing out my typo!

How did you guess it was Bentley ?

Don I'm sure the farmers must do a smell test first and wait untill it's really ripe & matured for max effect before spreading!!!!

Yamas
Clare

Where about in Cheshire.......... We're just the other side of the M6 from the Barthomley turn off?

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 12:09:57 AM »
Hi Don

We live in Middlewich, just near junction 18 for Holmes Chapel. What juction is near you then?

Yamas
Clarexxx

don

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 12:38:33 AM »
Hi Don

We live in Middlewich, just near junction 18 for Holmes Chapel. What juction is near you then?

Yamas
Clarexxx

Alton Towers if from the north!

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2009, 12:54:33 AM »
Oh that's not far from us we just head for the potteries up the A500 so are you in Staffordshire?

Yamas
Clarexxx

don

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2009, 12:59:12 AM »
Oh that's not far from us we just head for the potteries up the A500 so are you in Staffordshire?

Yamas
Clarexxx

Typical Cheshire only a small p ??????????????????? For POTTERIES... Tut .. Some peoples minds!

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2009, 01:15:13 AM »
Oh sorry about that, I'm hopeless with any geography or towns in the UK. Get me in a car in Corfu and I can take you anywhere..........................

Yamas
Clarexxx

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »
Me too Clare, love driving in Corfu - but don't think a Bently would like the roads there!! LOL
Never really wanted to own one either, if I win the lotto - but who knows!!
I think in the space of one year I drove just about every model of Luxury or Sports car -
I always volunteered myself for the really expensive ones, when I wasn't in meetings!
I really enjoyed that job - but I was only on a one year contract and that was it -
once the bus service was up and running!
Regarding Trains, I used to teach people to drive them, & also fix them if they went defective in service etc.
I never drove the really fast ones!! I used to facilitate & deliver lots of training, fire, safety etc.
I moved on now, as you do, and now am one of the Managers who deliver Train Operations.
It's a shift-work job as we are open 24/7 all year!!
Back on night shift in just over a week - I'll be gagging for another holiday soon as well!! LOL

don

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2009, 11:01:18 PM »
Just on the North Western edge of the Potteries.... Lovely place! You just don't believe how GREEN it is until you go up to one of the very high spots and look around you! I work on the edge of the City Centre' highest point - can cope with San Stef to Arillas better than bus to work. Look to the East and rolling fields climbing to the Pennines........... To the West and all through the city are Trees evolving into the ancient woodland of the Hanchurch Hills.
Sorry I love the place more than the locals do! Sound like San Stef when put that way  :) ;) :D

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2009, 11:04:13 PM »
Hi Tony

Our new Bentley with air suspension and sports transmission pack would corner like it's on rails around corfu, I would love to try it.................................

I'm very proud of my job and what opertunity Bentley has given me, We also get to audit our competitors cars aswell (in secret of course) just to see the comparisons and what they are up to.
With 6.75 litre of machine safety and quality is paramount to protect our customers so I'm always training because technology and legislation change all the time, the future it's ongoing

It sounds like you really have a very demanding job in operations as you also provide a service to customers.

I work for one reason, holidays....................... it's what gets me up at 04.30 in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope you and your family get away soon

Yamas
Clarexxx

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2009, 11:08:54 PM »
04:30 - bad as me!! but why so early?
I recon if I wasn't doing my job - which I love!! - I could suffer doing yours -- sounds great!!
You must have loads of green-eyed people!! LOL

Offline Clare Davies

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2009, 11:20:49 PM »
Well I often hear that alarm at 04.30 & think ARE YOU MENTAL........................ then I remember Corfu and I get up. I am a team leader so I go early to get everything ready for my team, you know early bird catches the worm & best foot forward!

Yes it does give me a complex to be honest, I never mention to people that we meet or on holiday what I do because envy is a horrid thing and we just want to relax and enjoy everything. Only if they persist in asking and my husband tells them, then I tend to play down the details.

I can't wait to see a Bentley in Corfu, I would go up to the driver and tell him what was wrong with it
can you imaging the look on his face if I held up my Bentley ID badge and told him he had the wrong wheels fitted LOL.............................

Yamas
Clarexxx

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2009, 11:32:11 PM »
Where Don Lives - you will find Metro's fitted with Bently wheels!! LOL
Brick-up city!! That's why he won't go for a car!! LOL

don

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2009, 11:37:36 PM »
Much prefer a Bentley than a Bently TYPO TONY LOL!!!

I also hate to admit where I work when on holiday..... It ends up as a right party pooper.... That always makes me suspicious because if folk have nothing to hide what is their problem?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni