Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to stay

TERESA APARTMENTS

(1/4) > >>

Sunlover:
Hi,could someone please clarify whether the Teresa Apartments have a fridge in the kitchen area of the studios?  Thomson dont seem to mention  it in the brochure.  Also, what are the bathrooms like?   Hubby and I not so fussy but we've a 14yr old teenage daughter !!!!

tonyco1:
I haven't stayed there in the Apartments, but from previous posts done recently, it seems that they do.
They are very well equipped and fitted - I am sure Jules who stays there all the time, (and a few others),
will agree with the above so no need to worry!!

Gillywoo:
Hi Sunlover

We have stopped in both the B & B studios (last year) and the self catering apartments (this year). Both have fridges. The SC are typical Greek, two rings and only enough room to make basic snacks - but the Teresa bar have a really good and cheap menu so I doubt you will be wanting to cook!!

We were a bit disappointed this year with the accommodation. The apartment we were in was quite run down - needed a paint and some of the furniture replacing. The kitchen tops etc. were very tired as was the bathroom. Also we were there for two weeks - arrived on the Monday, clean towels on the Wednesday then no more towels for the rest of the holiday. We had to wash them in the shower at night and leave them to dry, which was a bit of a pain. It was the same with the bedding, we always make our own beds but on a few days they had been remade and I thought we had been given clean sheets,but the beds has just been remade for some reason!! The SC apartments are basic, with fantastic views but we felt that the B & B studios are of a better standard.

Also be warned, if the previous occupants have not left any toilet paper there will be none in your apartment on your arrival - caught us out the first time!!

Having said this the food served is good and the Greek night is well worth going to but I doubt we will stop there again having discovered other accommodation in the village. No matter what - you will have a fantastic time because you are in SS!!

Sunlover:
Gillywoo, What other apartments would you recommend after your look around?

Gillywoo:
Hi Sunlover

We stayed in the Rose Gardens last September - they were lovely!! We had the two bedroomed to ourselves which had a huge double balcony overlooking the mountains/olive trees. The standard of accommodation was (in my opinion) much better, and fresh flowers were placed in the apartment regularly, which was a nice touch.

This September we are going to the Mythos (opposite the Rose Gardens). Never been inside but spoke to people who have stayed there and they said they were of a very high standard. No pool bar (not that it bothers me), but you can always nip across the road to the RG. Have already booked the Mythos again for next year as we managed to get it for a very good price - nearly £300 cheaper than the Teresa - and no killer hill!!

We have also looked around the Little Prince - these again are lovely - huge rooms and very well maintained. You used to be able to book via their web site (as well as through Thompsons), but we were told this year that Thompsons are thinking of taking all of the rooms - with the Penthouses possibly not being available to the Brits!!

Don't get me wrong the Teresa's is nice and you will have a lovely time but (again this is only my opinion), I think it is time they invested in doing up the apartments. I sort of felt that they know they have a very loyal following and have possibly started to take it for granted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version