Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

Quad Bikes & Travel Insurance

(1/4) > >>

Andy7:
I know from reading posts on here that many people like hiring the quad bikes available in San Steph.

I have always wanted to hire one but have been put off by tales of people having accidents and not being insured because they were on a bike.

Does anyone know if your travel insurance policy will cover you on a quad bike, I have checked mine and it isnt really mentioned although the hiring of a moped would seem to invalidate the insurance.

I hate all the UK health & safety nonsense but dont fancy an air ambulance bill getting home following a skermish with a Greek driver on the wrong side of the road!

Andy

Bristle Boy:
Hmm. Not sure on that one. I think you may not be covered, but most co.s these days do have a 'helpline' number for these type of queries.

Belgianram:
I ensured that my travel and medical insurance covered using quad bikes. Didn't affect the premium either.

Zimmer:
good question....boy , with all my medical conditions, glad it didnt occur to me when I hired one! as it was I drove at about 3mph ::) :o

Jules:
If you call your insurance people they may add a small charge on for Quad bike use as mine did . It was about £6.00 extra.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version