Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

The Zimmer Newbie Review

<< < (9/9)

Jules:
I'm not 100% sure but on the Agni site I think they were or almost sued because of someones posting. Not sure what it was about though.

Zimmer:
I shouldnt be here but thanks to Gilly for her support and does this response to Tony sound obnoxious and personal?
Well as I have said before - all are entitled to their own opinion - mine  - I still love the place - the people make it and are great!!
There is a noisy half to S S and a fairly quiet half - so everyone should find their little piece of heaven.
If not - there are quieter resorts and noiser ones, try St George in the South (v/quiet) or Kavos (vomit and 18-30 sick club heaven)!!
Corfu has it all - me - I like it in SAN STEF!!
No point in being neggie - everywhere has good and bad points about it!!

my reply

"Hi again - Myrna and I were discussing this, yes there are parts to get away from the "in your face" stuff [ though even that isnt as bad as people might think I've painted it ] to be honest I think we're suffering a bit from Corfu burn out...you know, been there , done that. If we are to be confined to sitting by a pool most of the time, because we've exhausted the excursions over the years or dont drive then it may as well be somewhere more [ and this isnt meant to sound snobbish really ] like the old Greece we loved before "happy hours" etc and this globalisation of tourism , we have considered S George, or SS NE....but now things are changing for us, I suspect we'll be trying the less well known or visited islands, and, of course your dead right , there are good and bad points,  my aim was to bring out what I perceived of each"

However I really dont like being misrepresnted, thats all and will defend myself, people just saw the criticism from my viewpoint and didnt like it,thats their perogative I'm a big boy and can take it,I think you may find the board becoming a wee bit anodyne if no is allowed to voice concerns....and this really is goodbye, my edited report has been posted on three holiday sites

have a great future hols everyone

Patandgra:
Having gone through this thread a couple of times,just to try and make some sense of it i can only support Zimmer in his effort to defend his right to air his opinion ,which was a lot more informative than a lot of the stuff on this sit(which ifeel would be better posted on Facebook).I think some people have lost sight of the fact that this is supposed to be a "holiday" website and the forum for exchanging information about San Stefanos and not a place to launch attacks on someones honest opinion.Ihope to meet some of you in september and have a laugh but until then i think i will give this site a rest till it restores some sense of what it should be about.

2sanstef:
Patandgra, I couldn't agree more and members should not lose site of the fact that this is a "holiday" website and forum for exchanging information about SanStefanos.

Topic closed for new posts, lets all move on....................

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version