Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Out and About

The Condor

(1/5) > >>

SockJockey:
We had a great time in this bar and usually ended up there after a meal. The acts are due on at 10.00pm but didn't start untill about 10.30pm. The greek Elvis is a must as he gets the house rockin and he will pose for photo's with you. The ABBA girls are good and have great voices they also go on to sing blues brothers and commitments songs and get you involved. The drag queen was ok, my advice to you is if you are a male do not i repeat DO NOT sit near the front or make eye contact with him/her. Our fav was Robbie Williams he even sounds like the real Robbie, he likes crowd partipitation so be preparded to get up & dance. All in all we would say, don't be shy, you're on holiday, you probably wont have to see any of the people there again so it doesn't really matter if you make an idiot of yourself, cos if you're making someone else smile in the process you're only helping them to have a happy holiday. Enjoy!!!

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: SockJockey on June 29, 2009, 01:43:42 AM ---We had a great time in this bar and usually ended up there after a meal. The acts are due on at 10.00pm but didn't start untill about 10.30pm. The greek Elvis is a must as he gets the house rockin and he will pose for photo's with you. The ABBA girls are good and have great voices they also go on to sing blues brothers and commitments songs and get you involved. The drag queen was ok, my advice to you is if you are a male do not i repeat DO NOT sit near the front or make eye contact with him/her. Our fav was Robbie Williams he even sounds like the real Robbie, he likes crowd partipitation so be preparded to get up & dance. All in all we would say, don't be shy, you're on holiday, you probably wont have to see any of the people there again so it doesn't really matter if you make an idiot of yourself, cos if you're making someone else smile in the process you're only helping them to have a happy holiday. Enjoy!!!

--- End quote ---
Welcome - nice report.
We quite like the Condor - but have had some conflicting reports this season!!
Saw the drag queen last year - bit raw entertainment wise, but if taken in the right way - is ok!!

zoe:
we went to see elvis and abba but the drag act was the same night as the festival but we were told he was a bit over the top that night so glad we missed it but others may like it felt a bit sorry for the dj it was not even half full when we were there and it was a struggle to get things going

Bristle Boy:
Jusr returned home today, after a 2 week stay in San Stef. We frequented the Condor most nights, as it was 'best in town'. Entertainment's fine, but feeling sorry for Jack the DJ!? He doesn't actually do much to get everyone going and the music's the same every night. In our 1st week we stayed after the live acts, but in the 2nd week we returned to Tereza's every night at aoround midnight for a few late drinks as the Condor was dead after the acts finished.
To be brutually honest San Stef is very very quiet at the mo. I think the businesses are concerned.

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: Bristle Boy on June 29, 2009, 10:08:56 PM ---Jusr returned home today, after a 2 week stay in San Stef. We frequented the Condor most nights, as it was 'best in town'. Entertainment's fine, but feeling sorry for Jack the DJ!? He doesn't actually do much to get everyone going and the music's the same every night. In our 1st week we stayed after the live acts, but in the 2nd week we returned to Tereza's every night at aoround midnight for a few late drinks as the Condor was dead after the acts finished.
To be brutually honest San Stef is very very quiet at the mo. I think the businesses are concerned.

--- End quote ---
The credit crunch has hit hard this year - lots of planes not flying this year!!
Yes they will be concerned, but I have been going to San Stef since 1983 and went through the last recession there.
They are born survivors in S S!! They take a pragmatic approach to a downturn, but it's not good to be too quiet!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version