Author Topic: Pre holiday ritual  (Read 8865 times)

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Pre holiday ritual
« on: June 06, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »
Hi all,

Do any of you have a pre holiday ritual? I tend to do the same things every year before going away.
A week before going, I get my haircut. Also get the suitcases out for an airing.It`s at that point
you realise a wheel fell off last time and forgot about it . I cut the grass a couple of
days before, take the rubbish down to the tip a day before leaving. Depending on the time of our
flight , either pack the suitcases the night before or on the day. I worked with a guy who packed a
week before he goes away ! Just wondered what others do ?

Steve

Steve

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Pre holiday ritual
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »
I always get my hair done the day before we go and Roy the week before. The suitcases come out at least 4 weeks before and the packing gets done the week end before departure. I always change the beds the night before as well so they are nice and fresh for when we get back. Roy will cut the grass weather permitting the Sunday before we go.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline lorenzo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 05:48:18 PM »
House garden car all have to be spotless

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »
What's a "House garden car"?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 08:01:26 PM »
Zimmer your getting as bad as Don and Tony lol!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 08:25:14 PM »
Zimmer your getting as bad as Don and Tony lol!!!
Oh shit I'll have to watch myself - thanks for the alert :)

don

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 08:37:07 PM »
The clues in the post.............Poster Lorenzo  No punctuation!!! Obvious isn't it? look carefully at L O R E N Z O..... holds a hidden anagram of ZOE!!!!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »
The clues in the post.............Poster Lorenzo  No punctuation!!! Obvious isn't it? look carefully at L O R E N Z O..... holds a hidden anagram of ZOE!!!!!
Ahhhh ...like the Da Vinci code..or Indiana Jones and the lost comma

don

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 08:43:07 PM »
Or as Jules would say The Lost Coma!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 01:01:21 AM »
Can she spell "the" and "lost" then??
Back to the thread now - - -
We pack 2 days before weigh the cases, and usually have to add something just before we leave,
double check Passport/tickets/cash, contents of hand luggage.
The day before - I take the dogs round for their holiday - they stay with a friend.
I set my auto timer lamps, they switch on & off as I wish, so it looks like someone is in.
Clean Car and fill my car tank with diesel, relax - find I can't sleep - get up early and shower and leave!!
Arrive Gatwick, park car, get into terminal, check in early, go through, buy any last minute things, maybe a meal,
Board - take-off, have my Barcadi and D/Coke - relax - now I am on holiday!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 01:07:14 AM »
We pack 2 days before weigh the cases, and usually have to add something just before we leave,
The day before - I take the dogs round for their holiday - they stay with a friend.
I set my auto timer lamps, they switch on & off as I wish, so it looks like someone is in.
Clean Car and fill my car tank with diesel, relax - find I can't sleep - get up early and shower and leave!!
Arrive Gatwick, park car, get into terminal, check in early, go through, buy any last minute things, maybe a meal,

Take away references to cars & dogs and we could be twins......... No holiday complete without my Fishermans Scales.............. Now who like Fishermans Friends? What do you do with them?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 01:11:19 AM »

Take away references to cars & dogs and we could be twins......... No holiday complete without my Fishermans Scales.............. Now who like Fishermans Friends? What do you do with them?
We take our scales with us these days, I bought some digital ones!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni