Author Topic: first time visitor  (Read 39725 times)

Offline lisak123

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: first time visitor
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 09:36:16 AM »
oh and dont forget the condor for your brekkie,wow,i was only 8 stone when i arrived there

Offline sumo

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »
twelve weeks to go before hitting san stef. do they operate a no smoking ban in any of the bars or restaurants.

zoe

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »
i think greece starts its ban in july

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 04:53:45 AM »
i think greece starts its ban in july
Sorry - Sumo - but Horrraaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 09:36:55 AM »
Excellent news. For the smokers at least they will be outside in lovely warm temperatures and not in the freezing cold.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 11:32:44 AM »
sorry for all smokers but have to agree with tony on this one roy lost his dad to lung cancer when he was 23 i lost my grandad and now roys sister has just been told see has it

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 03:10:54 AM »
sorry for all smokers but have to agree with tony on this one roy lost his dad to lung cancer when he was 23 i lost my grandad and now roys sister has just been told see has it
It's not just the health problems, that all but a few eventually, suffer!
(My wife had a heart blockage as a direct result of smoking when she was 42),
It's the anti-social effect and the terrible smell of stale ashtrays on smokers! (Smokers can't smell it).
When I was young - it was considered cool to smoke, you just did it because your peers did, then you were hooked!
These days we are enlightened and even the most hardened smokers know deep down that it's not a great thing to do!
The worst thing a non-smoker can suffer is to be down-wind of a smoker, who selfishly lets their smoke drift on to you.
These days I find it difficult to breathe if around cigarette smoke, and hate it if I am eating at the time!
Sorry smokers - but doing it is anti-social and no point in pretending it's not.
Yes we know you get enjoyment from it, but we get enjoyment from you lot not doing it!!
So think of us when you light-up and do it where it does us no damage!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 10:21:42 AM »
It's the anti-social effect and the terrible smell of stale ashtrays on smokers! (Smokers can't smell it).
When I was young - it was considered cool to smoke, you just did it because your peers did, then you were hooked!
These days we are enlightened and even the most hardened smokers know deep down that it's not a great thing to do!
The worst thing a non-smoker can suffer is to be down-wind of a smoker, who selfishly lets their smoke drift on to you.
These days I find it difficult to breathe if around cigarette smoke, and hate it if I am eating at the time!
Sorry smokers - but doing it is anti-social and no point in pretending it's not.
Yes we know you get enjoyment from it, but we get enjoyment from you lot not doing it!!

SPOT ON!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 03:52:30 AM »

SPOT ON!!!
Cheers!! We are not alone!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »
As usual the law will not suit everyone - but I hope everyone does abide by it. Don't want to see anyone getting fined or arrested or whatever the punishment may be.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »
As usual the law will not suit everyone - but I hope everyone does abide by it. Don't want to see anyone getting fined or arrested or whatever the punishment may be.
Jules - you can get arrested for what you wear these days! and I do mean you!!
Jules - the fashion police are watching you!! LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »
Says he of the red turban!!!!! :o

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 07:44:21 PM »
Says he of the red turban!!!!! :o
Meowwwwww!! - LOL - I only ever wore it once - but who knows!!!
Just for you Jules a special Bollywood experience!! - !!! LOL

don

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »

It was lovely to see a Council Official in our city centre. A "lady" was smoking in the bus shelter so as is his duty he pointed out the illegality and promptly started to take the appropriate (legal) action. ""Lady" took objection to this and in a foul mouthed rage threw her ciggie to the floor. Boy was she pleased when she became the proud recipient of a ticket for littering the pavement.I believe the combined penalty came to £150.
The other great incident was a woman (why is it always women)  in our great city who took objection to the congregation of smokers who shared their poisonous fumes with her as she entered the pub. She  left the bar with a pint of beer went to the door and thanked the crowd for sharing their smoke. She offered to share her drink and emptied the beer all over them. She got done for assault. Fined £70 and a couple of hundred costs!
MAKES YOU THINK!!!  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:37:07 PM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 08:35:50 PM »

It was lovely to see a Council Official in our city centre. A "lady" was smoking in the bus shelter so as is his duty he pointed out the illegality and promptly started to take the appropriate (legal) action. ""Lady" took objection to this and in a foul mouthed rage through her ciggie to the floor. Boy was she pleased when she became the proud recipient of a ticket for littering the pavement.I believe the combined penalty came to £150.
The other great incident was a woman (why is it always women)  in our great city who took objection to the congregation of smokers who shared their poisonous fumes with her as she entered the pub. She  left the bar with a pint of beer went to the door and thanked the crowd for sharing their smoke. She offered to share her drink and emptied the beer all over them. She got done for assault. Fined £70 and a couple of hundred costs!
MAKES YOU THINK!!!   
Just for a change "through her ciggie"
Spellchecker in post Don.

Glad she got fined - how entertaining it was probably watching it all unfold as well. ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni