Author Topic: reporting back  (Read 89494 times)

don

Re: reporting back
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2009, 12:45:15 PM »
the food at mythicas is great we had the classic salad with mustard and honey dressing roy also tried the smoked fish and prawn cocktail the fish was salmon and it was 4.50 euros they have specials on 2 courses for 8.50 or 3 for 10.50we also went to the san stef festival and joined in with the locals i am not a big drinker but have to say the retsina went down very well cant believe how there is no one in the bars one night we went to the barras for a late drink we were the only ones in the place and it was only 11.30 most nights they were shut early mama mias is empty all the time we missed the drag act in the condor as it was the same night as the festival but we were not very keen as they told us a lot off men walked out in the interval as he was a bit over the top also if you go dont sit in the front as he will spray you with water the olive press seems to be empty all the time as well and must say we missed mistrals but zorbas is just as good as always

Imagine what this could be like with comma's and full stop's.
11.30? blimey! it's time to be tucked up in Bed or was that in the morning?

At least Dominic will serve until the late early hours!!

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2009, 06:17:06 PM »
Further to my report about the Athina, I now hear it is €5 EACH. The beach entrance is roped off and you get sent to the bar where you pay up and get tickets in exchange that you then hand over if making a purchase.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
Further to my report about the Athina, I now hear it is €5 EACH. The beach entrance is roped off and you get sent to the bar where you pay up and get tickets in exchange that you then hand over if making a purchase.
So does that mean you can't even walk through to the beach?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »
eh? and this is "paradise" ? having to pay to go on the beach??

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2009, 08:55:59 PM »
Calm down folks!!
Even if you can't walk through to the beach via the Athina, there are plenty of other ways to go!!
Back to the Athina - - - -
It seems strange that they would rope off the beach entrance and cut off the Lunch Trade!!
Can someone there please check this out for us all!!
The only thing I would regret is it makes it harder to call in at Glens (Aquarios),
on the way home from the beach for our daily refresher!! - - but is it true???
I don't see the problem with paying €5 each to spend the day at the pool as you can / will spend it in the bar!
We would do that anyway!!
Still a cheap day, and you would pay almost this on the beach for beds / Umbrella - -  and no using the €5 in a bar for lunch / drinks!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »
Calm down folks!!
Even if you can't walk through to the beach via the Athina, there are plenty of other ways to go!!
It seems strange that they would rope off the beach entrance and cut off the Lunch Trade!!
The only thing I would regret is it makes it harder to call in at Glens (Aquarios),
I don't see the problem with paying €5 each to spend the day at the pool as you can / will spend it in the bar!
Still a cheap day, and you would pay almost this on the beach for beds / Umbrella - -  and no using the €5 in a bar for lunch / drinks!!

I know there is lots of ways on to the beach but it seems a shame if this route is roped off.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2009, 12:11:43 AM »
Calm down folks!!

I know there is lots of ways on to the beach but it seems a shame if this route is roped off.
Please can someone check it out??
Maybe Glen will know???
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Welshone

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2009, 11:32:56 AM »
The beach entrance wasn't roped off a week ago.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »
Sorry my bad, it isn't roped off entirely, but the ropes channel you to the bar, so presumably you can go out to the beach as well. My mate who has just come back tells me all this.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2009, 12:21:11 PM »
Sorry my bad, it isn't roped off entirely, but the ropes channel you to the bar, so presumably you can go out to the beach as well. My mate who has just come back tells me all this.
That's not so bad then!!

joan

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2009, 12:31:06 PM »
the food at mythicas is great we had the classic salad with mustard and honey dressing roy also tried the smoked fish and prawn cocktail the fish was salmon and it was 4.50 euros they have specials on 2 courses for 8.50 or 3 for 10.50we also went to the san stef festival and joined in with the locals i am not a big drinker but have to say the retsina went down very well cant believe how there is no one in the bars one night we went to the barras for a late drink we were the only ones in the place and it was only 11.30 most nights they were shut early mama mias is empty all the time we missed the drag act in the condor as it was the same night as the festival but we were not very keen as they told us a lot off men walked out in the interval as he was a bit over the top also if you go dont sit in the front as he will spray you with water the olive press seems to be empty all the time as well and must say we missed mistrals but zorbas is just as good as always

Hi Zoe nice to read your comments, was the festival the live music on the beach?

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »
There was a shindig on a field LH side of the road to Arillas.

zoe

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2009, 01:09:59 PM »
we walked through the athina from the beach on thursday

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2009, 02:21:57 PM »
we walked through the athina from the beach on thursday

we did also no ropes then

don