Author Topic: reporting back  (Read 89389 times)

don

Re: reporting back
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
hi to all having a fab time weather hot a bit windy but alls well mythica is great the food is very good a no dearer then anywere else don you will love the fish roy had grilled filleted sea bass with veg and rissoto it was 7 euros the starters are out off this world jules you and i have no poblem with our spelling we just fit in with san stef they are selling scrabled eggs on toast at the little prince mama mias has taken over the tex mex it will not last as always empty all the bars are always empty have not seen chris 2 or hendrix but as i have not seen a picture i may have
Go to Manthos and ask for him? Chris that is!

And go to the Athens Bar and/or Glen in the Aquarios and ask for Hendrix!!
Maybe they are in hiding !!!!
Sounds like they are the only customer!! So they can't hide!!
It is actually very busy at the moment hosting the World Hide And Seek Championships!!!   Gets coat LOL
Just finished actually!!
It was won by Lord Lucan!!
Shergar came in second after mucking up the last!

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2009, 09:16:57 PM »
If you cadge a sunbed at the Athina, they now CHARGE €5 or you have to spend that amount in the pool bar.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2009, 10:25:55 PM »
If you cadge a sunbed at the Athina, they now CHARGE €5 or you have to spend that amount in the pool bar.
Thanks for that Swedebasher - I hope that doesn't become the norm at other pools as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Stevazoid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »
I would have thought that was quite normal. I wouldn`t expect to use any facilities without buying a couple of drinks. Fairly easy to spend 5 euros at the bar !
Steve

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2009, 10:39:44 PM »
We always use Teresa pool where we stay anyway and nearly always buy lunch there unless we are out and about for the day.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2009, 10:41:43 PM »
I would have thought that was quite normal. I wouldn`t expect to use any facilities without buying a couple of drinks. Fairly easy to spend 5 euros at the bar !
They must have had some instances of people using the facilities there and not buying anything at all -which we would never do our selves.

don

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2009, 10:46:16 PM »
Tend to use Thomas Bay pool the most. Always have a drink there in the day time and a few at night. It is only manners to spend there if using the facilities!

Offline johny rebel

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
Ayated at the ramanza hotel last year loved it so much booked twice this year 26/06/09 to 10/07/09 and 25/09/09 to 08/10/09 does anyone know what the food is Like at the romanza as I understand that Leo and Jenny have left and.opened there own place and could you tell me what it is CAlled and if it is as good as when they were at the romanzer also any news on 2 stars taverna which we ate at many times last year

don

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »
Ayated at the ramanza hotel last year loved it so much booked twice this year 26/06/09 to 10/07/09 and 25/09/09 to 08/10/09 does anyone know what the food is Like at the romanza as I understand that Leo and Jenny have left and.opened there own place and could you tell me what it is CAlled and if it is as good as when they were at the romanzer also any news on 2 stars taverna which we ate at many times last year

Leo & Jenny have MYTHICA just round the corner (LEFT) at Barras. Will try it in 2 weeks because all the comments regarding food and price are excellent!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 11:10:15 AM »
In a way I am not surprised to hear that the Athina has started to charge if you don't buy drinks or food.
It is the best pool around and is right on the beach.
Obviously, people are taking advantage and bringing their own drinks, which is a no-no and rude!
Everyone needs to earn a living and it is only fair that you spend a little at the place, when you use the facilities.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2009, 11:46:18 PM »
the food at mythicas is great we had the classic salad with mustard and honey dressing roy also tried the smoked fish and prawn cocktail the fish was salmon and it was 4.50 euros they have specials on 2 courses for 8.50 or 3 for 10.50we also went to the san stef festival and joined in with the locals i am not a big drinker but have to say the retsina went down very well cant believe how there is no one in the bars one night we went to the barras for a late drink we were the only ones in the place and it was only 11.30 most nights they were shut early mama mias is empty all the time we missed the drag act in the condor as it was the same night as the festival but we were not very keen as they told us a lot off men walked out in the interval as he was a bit over the top also if you go dont sit in the front as he will spray you with water the olive press seems to be empty all the time as well and must say we missed mistrals but zorbas is just as good as always

don

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2009, 12:05:32 AM »
Cheers Zoe.............. Glad you had a good time! I take it no one fell out with you for knowing us? Hope Kerry knows what's coming her way!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2009, 03:21:17 AM »
the food at mythicas is great we had the classic salad with mustard and honey dressing roy also tried the smoked fish and prawn cocktail the fish was salmon and it was 4.50 euros they have specials on 2 courses for 8.50 or 3 for 10.50we also went to the san stef festival and joined in with the locals i am not a big drinker but have to say the retsina went down very well cant believe how there is no one in the bars one night we went to the barras for a late drink we were the only ones in the place and it was only 11.30 most nights they were shut early mama mias is empty all the time we missed the drag act in the condor as it was the same night as the festival but we were not very keen as they told us a lot off men walked out in the interval as he was a bit over the top also if you go dont sit in the front as he will spray you with water the olive press seems to be empty all the time as well and must say we missed mistrals but zorbas is just as good as always
Well done Zoe - nice run down!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »

Imagine what this could be like with comma's and full stop's.
11.30? blimey! it's time to be tucked up in Bed or was that in the morning?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2009, 11:25:03 AM »
Thank's for that Zoe. We are looking forward to trying Mythicas as well. :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni