Author Topic: Mythos apartments part 2  (Read 43695 times)

don

Re: Mythos apartments part 2
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »
The bar is used as the cleaners store room. Good idea foe all alcohol selling premises. All good chapel goers will agree or there will be fire and brimstone along with eternal damnation in the valleys tonight. So said the Jones the Reverend!
TYPO ALERT!!! DUN_BY_DON!!!

Good idea FOE all Alcohol!! Been drinking Mythos Don!! ?? !! LOL

As Jones the Reverend of the Valleys says "Thy will be DUN?   DUN?  Too many TYPOS here , now that's a DONE deal"       

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2009, 09:17:33 PM »
Ah! but mine was deliberately "DUN" - "DON"!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Sunlover

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »
Now then, I've kind of gone of the Mythos. No vino, no goodo!  Wish I hadn't had a right good look around the Delfino Blu website. Well nice!!  Tried to convince myself that the interior of the Mythos would give me a better holiday. But really, it does seem a wee bit away from the beach for our liking. Beach looks so nice, it'd be a pity not to be able to see it.  Teresa, another of our choices doesn't seem to be available on a self catering basis for the time we fancied next July. Keeps throwing up b & b. (We also like a nice view from balcony).  As I said before, champagne taste, beer income, anywhere else to be recommended?

Offline DALE AND JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 02:08:50 AM »
thank you Tony, we are neweish to to the site, but san stef is our 2nd home, been many many times over the last 6 years, so know it well. The family at the Mythos are our very close friends and we would like to recommend them to anyone.  We are staying at Nondas in sept for the 1st time - so we hope we enjoy.  Stayed at the Romanza 3 times so used to the hilly walk. Again, thank you we are new to site, so want sme encouragement to use the site.

don

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2009, 02:59:59 AM »
DALE & JOHN............. Welcome to this site.... Look forward to your news and views and if you are really relaxed your mickey taking too. Please feel welcome to have a dig as any friend of San Stef is a friend of ours!

Offline Sunlover

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2009, 10:08:10 AM »
if you dont mind me asking, if you're close friends of the owners of Mythos, why are you staying at Nondas and not there in Sept?  ???

Offline shelly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »
Have a look at Angelo's apts. Great views of the sea and only 5 mins to the beach. We have stayed there twice now and find them very quiet and peaceful. Big pool been added this year too.

Offline DALE AND JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2009, 03:36:33 PM »
We were late booking, Mythos full with Thomas cook and the family must have changed their phone's since last year, so could not speak to them direct.    But Mythos is always our first choice.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »
Sunlover, I can recommend the Apartments we stayed in via San Stefanos Travel this July.
Theodosia Apts. Fairly New-build,  No Swimming Pool, but not necessary as you can use any pool in the resort except delfino's.
they have Ground, 1st and 2nd floor Apts. Air Con if required.
Try to get sea facing apartments as the view is there and a nice breeze on a hot day!
They are located in between the Olympia Restaurant and Pele & Maria's shop (Newspapers - 2 mins up the road from the Little Prince), very central - close to the beach - no killer hills!

Dale & John, we stayed in Nondas Apts. about 10 years ago.
Loved them, great bar & Bistro restaurant (Elphita), now has a Swimming pool. Quiet and pleasant!!
Downside - it's a 5 min trek up ''killer hill'' as I call it, but you do get used to it after a while, just tough in hot sun!
Nondas and his Son Dimitri are great hosts!
Nondas Apts. are situated up above and behind the Theodosia Apts. and immediately below Tsaros Pool Bar up the Hill,
towards the "Arilas -Headland".

Offline Sunlover

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
Thanks to all for replies.  Like the look of all recommded from the San Stefanos travel, but I've now priced some flights and they seem expensive for three of us, making the overall holiday coming out at over £2000.  (A wee tad too much for a self catering hol).  Any reports regarding Perros Hotel ? ???

don

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2009, 09:03:07 PM »
Not stayed at Perros but did get shown round it last year. Looked excellent. Try out their web-site if you haven't done so already!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2009, 03:47:15 AM »
All previous reports give it the thumbs up!! worth considering - my advice is go for the best deal, avoid the big hills!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »
Here is the Perros website
http://www.perroshotel.com/index.htm
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bubblehead and kipper

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »
Angelo' Aps offer free aircon and pull down mosi nets too, they belong to the Waves and I believe they have other less expensive aps.

Nondas has "oxygenated pool" .. good for kids and the hair, extremely good priced apts and Spiros' cooking and presentation are unique...and need to be experienced-- Kip loves his chips. The aura of the place is as it was ten years ago, all there very enjoyable.

Both families are wonderful and look after you extremely well as is the norm in SS 8)

Almost forgot the Olympia Res has aps too. Actually, there are many more, such as Theo and Sofi--family of the Thomas Bay but up the hill, so might need transportation, view to die for and caring family; in addition on this side of town there is Vangellis behind Nafsika Hotel, Kamini aps, Makay aps, Marina aps opposite our shop and manage by Tilly, Christinas-Manthos' daughter and many many more!!!! sure SST has a good list also.

There should be something to suit all pockets and in these difficult times one should be able to start bartering!!!!

Last year a collegue booked all his hols for the year at Christmas with Easyjet, some for as little as as 70 Euros return; this is great for those who are sure of their hols dates and compensates for the aps cost.

Good luck

Offline Sunlover

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2009, 02:18:15 PM »
Thanks everyone, just to clarify that it's the flights that are expensive and not the actual accomodation.  Regarding the Perros Hotel, which does look nice on website, is it 'up a hill', and far from the beach?  We usually fly out from Newcastle, and the likes of Easyjet dont fly to Corfu from there. :-\

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni