Author Topic: Mythos apartments part 2  (Read 43438 times)

Offline Sunlover

• View Profile
Re: Mythos apartments part 2
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »
Liking the look of these apartments too, Corfu Escape states on their website there are 6 studios but Thomas Cook say there are 8. On the Corfu Escape website it seems that they are only suitable for a couple or with kids under the age of twelve sleeping on the sofa beds on the ground floor, but when I priced with Thomas Cook online they have costed it for three adults.  Is there sleeping facilites for three adults.? (Daughter is 14 so now counts as as adult).  Still confused by the balcony situation!! Do the maisonettes with the upstairs balcony also have the terrace on the ground floor?  Also, how far and how easy to reach is the beach from the Mythos?  Is there lighting on streets leading into the centre of San Stefanos or would it be a torch job at night?  Thanks.

Offline DALE AND JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »
We have stayed here quite a few times, we were one of the first ones to use them via the family that own them.  There are 4 Apartments which have 2 floors, ground floor you have kitchen, table chairs, 2 x sofas (which I think go into beds), flat screen tv and terrace.  Upstairs you have a lovely bathroom with Jacuzzi shower, lovely bedroom with balcony.  There are 2 blocks, the apartments are each end with studios ground floor in the middle - the studios are lovely too - loads of room.  The pool is never busy - may be you will be on your own some days - lovely.  The family are great - including mum, dad and the 3 brothers - all make you really welcome and always make sure you are ok.  The apartments are across from the 'rose garden' apartments which has a bar and serves food - if you want somewhere near to go to.  Otherwise we would say the nearest supermarket is 5 min walk - Paradise (also restaurant) - then you keep walking through the resort - the beach is probably about 15 min walk. You wont need a torch - all lit u at night.  If you book - we are sure you wont be disappointed.  Its very private and quiet.

don

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 02:18:22 AM »
We have stayed here quite a few times, we were one of the first ones to use them via the family that own them.  There are 4 Apartments which have 2 floors, ground floor you have kitchen, table chairs, 2 x sofas (which I think go into beds), flat screen tv and terrace.  Upstairs you have a lovely bathroom with Jacuzzi shower, lovely bedroom with balcony.  There are 2 blocks, the apartments are each end with studios ground floor in the middle - the studios are lovely too - loads of room.  The pool is never busy - may be you will be on your own some days - lovely.  The family are great - including mum, dad and the 3 brothers - all make you really welcome and always make sure you are ok.  The apartments are across from the 'rose garden' apartments which has a bar and serves food - if you want somewhere near to go to.  Otherwise we would say the nearest supermarket is 5 min walk - Paradise (also restaurant) - then you keep walking through the resort - the beach is probably about 15 min walk. You wont need a torch - all lit u at night.  If you book - we are sure you wont be disappointed.  Its very private and quiet.

Sorry about this BUT..... "Nearest Supermarket 5 minutes walk ... Then you keep walking through the resort" ??   This is a left turn.... This is away from the resort unless you want Arillas!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:05:23 AM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 09:24:23 PM »
Yes - just a 'Technicality' , walk up the road to tennis courts (on right),
turn left at this "T" junction, - it's a 15 metres walk to the shop just before the Paradise Taverna.
Or turn Right at the Tennis Courts for the main resort, 5 mins away - 10 mins to beach sounds right to me!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Belgianram

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »
30 seconds on the quad!!  ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »
Wow! Better quad than mine!! LOL

don

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 11:56:30 PM »
It all depends how many Ram it is!!!!! Also being Belgian it is fuelled by superior Chocolate and far superior Beer. These two elements combined are the secret formula set to overtake rocket fuel and baked beans as a means of propulsion!  

Great move though naming your apartments after beer. You'd never forget where you're staying!

Offline DALE AND JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 12:39:31 AM »
Sorry we wasnt one hundred percent right, Im sure the lovely people at the paradise would not have let them go wrong. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 04:24:20 AM »
Dale and John - forgive us for the bit of kidding!! (I blame Don as usual) LOL
Thanks for the great info - all very useful!!

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 09:38:41 AM »
Yes - just a 'Technicality' , walk up the road to tennis courts (on right),
turn left at this "T" junction, - it's a 15 metres walk to the shop just before the Paradise Taverna.
Or turn Right at the Tennis Courts for the main resort, 5 mins away - 10 mins to beach sounds right to me!

Depends, though, on how fit you are in 100 degrees,and if your a tub of lard like me! and we Brits tend to be lardies.....,anyway,  there's a steady incline down,[so remember that going back its a steady incline up!] then a steep bit of around 40 yards - oh and dont forget to look at the Terrapins by the bridge over the stream on the right hand side,and Alex the horse in the field whose owner is the attractive girl who works in SST,so thats about 3 minutes to there, then, as Tony says turn right at t junction and SAY another 12-15 minutes to beach passing through part of the resort on the way.
A pleasant stroll is to turn right coming out of Mythos and going for a 100 yard walk up the lane,an actual residential bit with nice gardens.

Offline Sunlover

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »
Could someone who's seen the Mythos apartments lately comment on the upkeep of the gounds and pool area.  Read somewhere that it seemed a bit overgrown, but don't know old that report was.  Don't fancy lying in amongst weeds and all!!  Is there a bar on the premises, also read conflicting views on that?  ???

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »
The lawns look...ok, not overgrown but not Wimbledon either...we never saw the bar open, but then I wasnt particularly keeping an eye on it either. The apartments looked a bit narrow from outside, but I didnt go inside...personally I prefered the look of the Rose Garden , certainly liked them, but as with all these things a case of "suck it and see" I guess

don

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »
The bar is used as the cleaners store room. Good idea for all alcohol selling premises. All good chapel goers will agree or there will be fire and brimstone along with eternal damnation in the valleys tonight. So said the Jones the Reverend!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:14:53 PM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 09:12:22 PM »
When I stopped on the Quad bike to check them out on wed 15th July'09, a couple of days before I returned to the gloomy UK,
they looked well groomed, but quiet - no one at the pool that day.
The Rose Gardens is a really nice looking place with a decent bar, just opposite.
Both Apartments seem quite well fitted out, which often happens when they are a bit of a stroll away from the main drag!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »
The bar is used as the cleaners store room. Good idea foe all alcohol selling premises. All good chapel goers will agree or there will be fire and brimstone along with eternal damnation in the valleys tonight. So said the Jones the Reverend!
TYPO ALERT!!! DUN_BY_DON!!!

Good idea FOE all Alcohol!! Been drinking Mythos Don!! ?? !! LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni