Author Topic: where do you fly from?  (Read 61999 times)

Offline beth9178

• View Profile
Re: where do you fly from?
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
Yes Tony we do. Norwich airport to us means ,a nice sedate start to our holidays.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2009, 07:02:46 PM »
Yes Tony we do. Norwich airport to us means ,a nice sedate start to our holidays.
Hi Beth, lets hope you don't have to give the plane a push start - LOL!!
I Ok'd the friend request on facebook - enjoy the pictures - loads around the resort, places, roads etc.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline sumo

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2009, 07:21:16 PM »
tony, flying from birmingham aug 31. 12 long weeks to go.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 07:26:59 PM »
September is my favourite time of year, it can get breezy and take a cardigan/jumper for the evenings just in case.
The winds (called mistrals), often work in a 10 day cycle at that time of the year,
If unlucky, you may get a day or too when it blows hard and you can't really use the beach, (blows sand like a sandblaster),
but ok round the pool. Then it will work it's way back to dead calm!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2009, 12:05:16 AM »
September is my favourite time of year, it can get breezy and take a cardigan/jumper for the evenings just in case.
The winds (called mistrals), often work in a 10 day cycle at that time of the year,
If unlucky, you may get a day or too when it blows hard and you can't really use the beach, (blows sand like a sandblaster),
but ok round the pool. Then it will work it's way back to dead calm!

We love Septemeber as well  - dead calm round the pool because all the kids are back at school lol!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline pembo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2009, 02:18:59 AM »
Me I am flying from Birmingham looks straight forward to me.  I am also staying the night before in the Ibis as the flight is at 6 30am. 

We fly from Manchester on 17th August for two weeks good flight time 7.25am. Don't half miss that Liverpool flight though never been delayed always on time. Fingers crossed same in Manchester.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2009, 09:30:02 AM »
Me I am flying from Birmingham looks straight forward to me.  I am also staying the night before in the Ibis as the flight is at 6 30am. 

We fly from Manchester on 17th August for two weeks good flight time 7.25am. Don't half miss that Liverpool flight though never been delayed always on time. Fingers crossed same in Manchester.
Only been delayed once from Manchester ( hours) due to the plane needed fixing. We then had to wait for a plane to come in from Italy. We got vouchers when we checked in because of the delay for a grand total of £3.00 each to use in the airport restaurant. They didn't go far.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

zoe

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
only one delay we went from exeter last october to san stef and had a 4 hr delay only thing is exeter airport is great but only 1 small duty free to look round and the departure lounge is very small and you cant even see out you have to walk up to an outside bit were only a few can go

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2009, 07:18:01 PM »
only one delay we went from exeter last october to san stef and had a 4 hr delay only thing is exeter airport is great but only 1 small duty free to look round and the departure lounge is very small and you cant even see out you have to walk up to an outside bit were only a few can go
We were delayed last year both ways with thomas cook, around 2 hours each time!!

zoe

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2009, 07:26:44 PM »
dont worry if you have not got your tickets from thomsons they have had a little blip but now up and running again if you go within 5 days then give them a ring

don

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »
dont worry if you have not got your tickets from thomsons they have had a little blip but now up and running again if you go within 5 days then give them a ring

Not been with a tour op for years. Having a change this year because we couldn't even get a flight for how little we've paid for a package. Four weeks on friday for us. TONY THAT'S FIVE FOR YOU LOL    How much before the hol do they usually come now? Don't go down that road TONY!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2009, 12:24:30 AM »

Not been with a tour op for years. Having a change this year because we couldn't even get a flight for how little we've paid for a package. Four weeks on friday for us. TONY THAT'S FIVE FOR YOU LOL    How much before the hol do they usually come now? Don't go down that road TONY!!
Last year we got our tickets about 4 weeks before. That was with Portland. But it can vary a lot.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2009, 05:38:34 AM »

Last year we got our tickets about 4 weeks before. That was with Portland. But it can vary a lot.
Luckily - Portland is Thompsons in disguise!! It's pretend competition!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »

Luckily - Portland is Thompsons in disguise!! It's pretend competition!!
Prices with Portland are usually a bit better.

Offline Zimmer

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2009, 10:24:02 AM »
Don - usually tickets arrive about three weeks so, for us, I'd have thought about 4th June ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni